The Dark Knight Rises New Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never noticed the "access to batcave via batpoles" in the background.:word:

They will feature predominately in the reboot where Chris Nolan comes up with a way where Dick and Bruce both have short term memory. It's just a helpful reminder.

I agree that the new batmobile should have the same off road and stealth capabilities as the tumbler. Seeing as he is now Gotham's public enemy #1 it just makes since and fits in context with the end of TDK. A sports car isn't going to help him evade or escape cops as well as the tumbler did. The tumbler also fit the Batcave entrance, which I hope they keep that idea. It was just so perfect.
But being the batman fan that I am, i hope to see a good medium between the tumbler and a sleek, more "batty" design.

Agreed. I don't need nor do I want a sports car Batmobile.

Yeah I hope they use the same entrance for the cave. It looked so badass in Batman Begins when the Tumbler went flying right through the waterfall. There's no way you can top that, unless there's going to be something similar to the B89 cave entrance..... hologram disguising a garage door.

It was an actual hologram? That seems weird, since there aren't any other uses of hologram technology in the film.

there's going to be something similar to the B89 cave entrance..... hologram disguising a garage door.

It was a fast closing garage door

[YT]M2VZpgjAMB8[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2VZpgjAMB8&feature=player_detailpage#t=75s

358yjia.gif

I wouldn't mind a sleeker, more nimble and streamlined Tumbler.

would also love some kind of aerial vehicle like a plane or heli..........

I wouldn't mind a sleeker, more nimble and streamlined Tumbler.

would also love some kind of aerial vehicle like a plane or heli..........

I would like a streamlined Tumbler. I'm not sure about more vehicles as I don't want there to be too much. There's a lot to cover and people/characters and I don't want to see too much put in. That said I have faith in Nolan's decisions.

I think adding any new vehicles would be a horrible addition. The Tumbler and Tumbl...ike are fine.

I still think he needs something he can drive covertly. the limo isn't nimble enough. a Lambo that could "transform" into a Batmobile would be great. Also have it rigged with a reclining seat that would allow him to do a quick costume change while the car was on auto pilot. He could go from billionaire playboy to Batman in a few seconds and never slow down.

hmm...

4872343235_d929d39db6.jpg

Yes. I think in the comic or the novelization, it was a hologram; I remember it from somewhere.
Yeah, it was a hologram in both, so I thought it was the same in the movie too.

I still think he needs something he can drive covertly. the limo isn't nimble enough. a Lambo that could "transform" into a Batmobile would be great. Also have it rigged with a reclining seat that would allow him to do a quick costume change while the car was on auto pilot. He could go from billionaire playboy to Batman in a few seconds and never slow down.

Batman isn't Iron man. He doesn't have a Mark IV suit

15xfd5.gif

My guess is no new batmobile, Batman is on the run for the police and the Tumbler stands out. Any unmarked black vehicle will stand out. He'll stick to the Batpod or a regular car and maybe the rumours about a helicopter contain some truth.

I like his TDK Batman, just wish WB didn't push it so hard with digitally altering his voice. I wish there was an article I can find about it but I distinctly remember reading that they did do major editing to his voice in post.

Agreed, yeah even if they did alter the voice (a little too *DEEP*) that isn't his fault! Yes he was slightly shadowed with Heath's Joker but they were both damned good and Christian Bale continues to push himself (in some very scary ways) in devotion to his art!

Not everything he makes is awesome but when he's good he's VERY good! Just my opinion!

Agreed, yeah even if they did alter the voice (a little too *DEEP*) that isn't his fault! Yes he was slightly shadowed with Heath's Joker but they were both damned good and Christian Bale continues to push himself (in some very scary ways) in devotion to his art!

Not everything he makes is awesome but when he's good he's VERY good! Just my opinion!

Agreed :up:

I think his Bruce Wayne is hammy and he tries too hard as Batman. I'm a tad disappointed in Bale since he seemed so perfect back in 2005.

Yes he is. Bale's one of the greatest actors of all time (2nd best right now, imo), but his TDK Batman sucks.
Agreed. That killed TDK for me. I wanted to LOVE the movie but just couldn't for that reason. So what if the Joker was awesome? I'm not watching a "Batman" movie to see how cool the Joker is.
I LOVE Batman Begins! There was very little I would have changed. But TDK just left me wishing I could have seen a better Batman than was in Begins. Instead we got something worse. That awful suit. That deth metal pig calling voice. WTF was THAT?!
Not only that but Nolan's little brother can't write Batman scenes worth a flip. The club/Moroni scene was bland. As was the Dent/Batman/Gordon scene by the signal. I really liked everything about the movie EXCEPT BATMAN. There's something really wrong with that.

Last edited:
Agreed. That killed TDK for me. I wanted to LOVE the movie but just couldn't for that reason. So what if the Joker was awesome? I'm not watching a "Batman" movie to see how cool the Joker is.
I LOVE Batman Begins! There was very little I would have changed. But TDK just left me wishing I could have seen a better Batman than was in Begins. Instead we got something worse. That awful suit. That deth metal pig calling voice. WTF was THAT?!

Your personal dislike of the suit and Bale's voiced ruined the whole film for you?

Wish there was a poll for whether people wanted the tumbler or something else. I say bring back the tumbler! I loved it.

I can imagine a really cool scene in The Dark Knight Rises where Fox surprises Bruce with a new Batmobile.
say they're on their way to the "applied sciences" department.
Fox : "I figured your "friend" could use a new means of transportation seeing as how he sacrificed the last one. As you know we had another tumbler lying around. So I drew up some specs for it to . . modify it to better suit his style."
Fox smiles and flips a light switch revealing a sleeker tumbler with more of a bat motif to it.
Bruce has a look of awe to which he turns to Fox they both smile at each other.
Fox: "And yes, Mr Wayne." Fox gives his smile and half wink "It comes in black."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"