The Dark Knight Rises New Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thanks for the video, Bats.

I gotta say, everything from the eruption of the Batpod out of the wreckage of the Batmobile to the Joker's capture by Gordon is one of the most exhilarating sequences I've ever seen in a film.

Yeah, thanks for the video, Bats.

I gotta say, everything from the eruption of the Batpod out of the wreckage of the Batmobile to the Joker's capture by Gordon is one of the most exhilarating sequences I've ever seen in a film.

Hell yes.

I nearly stood up and screamed **** YES after he flipped the semi and did that badass spinning turn thing on the wall.

The bat-pod might actually be my favorite vehicle in a Batman movie. The visual of Batman riding that thing with his cape blowing in the wind was just incredible.

That's why the vehicle designers of these movies need more recognition.

They literally built the first vehicle with no front axle with outside supported wheels that is even tough enough to drive through walls and a motorcycle that can drive over cars all for a movie no less...

Seriously, they deserve an Oscar.

The fact that it CAN do those things in real life is cooler than any CG fest you could ever imagine.

It doesn't really impress me much. So it can maneuver in the real world, so what? It's not like you'll ever get to drive it. The only thing that matters is what you see on screen.

Movie Tumbler can jump rooftops. Real Tumbler can't. Movie Tumbler can break through cement. Real Tumbler can't. So why can you suspend disbelief for those things but not others?

It doesn't really impress me much. So it can maneuver in the real world, so what? It's not like you'll ever get to drive it. The only thing that matters is what you see on screen.

Movie Tumbler can jump rooftops. Real Tumbler can't. Movie Tumbler can break through cement. Real Tumbler can't. So why can you suspend disbelief for those things but not others?

Because it's cool that movie tumbler can turn a corner that Burtonmobile couldn't.

Even in MOVIELAND, the burtonmobile sucks as a Batmobile.

The fact that any of this stuff can do the things it does in real life is just an extra added bonus of awesome.

What about the Lamborghini Ankonian?

18069_271180793288_188821903288_4580119_6523818_n.jpg

tumblr_lfm2njkPve1qcb6nro1_500.jpg

18069_271180783288_188821903288_4580117_4944995_n.jpg

tumblr_letwvwck8k1qeif90.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3fOyFDFBA

As far as I know, the Bat-Pod could do everything it did on screen in real life. Except for of course one or two thing. Just like the Tumbler.

Unlike the burtonmobile.

Thanks for that video. It made my morning.

And I agree, the Batpod doesn't have to turn when it does the wall thingie or when the wheels themselves change their axis direction. God, that was a sexy vehicle.

I believe the Batpod actually does the sideways roll and climb up the wall. I remember reading or watching about how the design of the bike allowed the center part to roll in between the wheels, allowing for those crazy stunts to be done.

But I wouldn't want to see the logo on the car. I find that quite cheesy.

Wayne would just put the Bat sign on instead of the logo. :awesome:

Yeah, I think it's really awesome. Here's a bigger, side view of the car. Although I think it's a concept for 2016!

lamborghini-ankonian-concept-3_1292.jpg

Hell yes.

I nearly stood up and screamed **** YES after he flipped the semi and did that badass spinning turn thing on the wall.

I love batman's face when he does that. He seems proper smug.

He's just like "yeah I just flipped over a truck and did a wall flip with a bike and I don't give a ****."

It's not about driving it ourselves - while that would obviously rock. It's that density of reality when you realize that this is a real thing, it exists, and can do incredible stuff. Batman feels that much more believable and engaging.

Movie Tumbler can jump rooftops. Real Tumbler can't. Movie Tumbler can break through cement. Real Tumbler can't.

Yes it can. But we're being vague here. Watch the documentaries.

Last edited:
Because it's cool that movie tumbler can turn a corner that Burtonmobile couldn't.

:funny: I always wondered why Batman would have a car that needs a grappling hook to turn corners. Seems kind of an important thing one would need to accomplish pretty often, and thus a major hindrance.

How many hook cables does he have anyway? I imagine them all over the city. :hehe:

Yeah, I think it's really awesome. Here's a bigger, side view of the car. Although I think it's a concept for 2016!

if anyone could get a hold of a protype for a concept car not set for release for another 5 years, it would be Bruce....

I believe the Batpod actually does the sideways roll and climb up the wall. I remember reading or watching about how the design of the bike allowed the center part to roll in between the wheels, allowing for those crazy stunts to be done.

I call BS on that. Those sequences are obviously CG effects shots.

Nope, it really can do that, the central frame can rotate, so when the driver comes to sharp corners, the wheels can rotate opposite to their normal axes coming to the sudden stop we see in Dark Knight (front wheel) when Batman comes out of the mall (just before he flips Joker). That is how the wall spin works, the driver, goes up the wall, the frame rotates at the back wheel, and he falls on the wheels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"