New Ben-Hur adaptation

Should this film be unofficially retitled Bomb-Hur?

i constantly am wondering what paramount was thinking making a 100 million dollar budget Ben Hur Remake

there was no audience for this film and way too big of a budget everyone knew this would be a bomb before first day of shooting so how does the studio not see it

i constantly am wondering what paramount was thinking making a 100 million dollar budget Ben Hur Remake

there was no audience for this film and way too big of a budget everyone knew this would be a bomb before first day of shooting so how does the studio not see it

There is a plenty big enough audience for a good sword and sandal film that involves Jesus and an inspirational story. Problem was this film wasn't good. It was **** and looked like ****.

Maybe if they hadn't hired a hack to direct the film it would have been more successful.

Truth. I still can't fathom how the hell Timur Bekmolotovbaryshnikovambetovikoviov keeps getting chances. I know Wanted was a hit but it was garbage and was probably the worst comic book adaptation since Catwoman in terms of butchering the source material. And Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter was terrible even if you lower your standards accordingly for a movie where Abe Lincoln hunts vampires. Yet THIS is the guy they hand $100 million to in order to remake one of the greatest films of all time.

Timur and McG. Somehow these hacks keep getting chances and I can't figure out why.

They should have made it a comedy instead --would have made a killing at BO. But then, these days we have very few actual comic directors. The gold standard for me are still the Monty Python series, Mel Brooks' stuffs and Richard Pryor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"