New Ben-Hur adaptation

Do people think Roma Downey and Mark Burnett will just get Diogo Morgado for Jesus again? They used him in the Bible mini series and the subsequent "Son of God" movie. If they did, it would be pretty cool as it would almost tie this Ben Hur adaptation together with Son of God in a similar way to the Marvel movies.

I hope not. The series and film were terrible.

Last edited:
I hope not. The series and film was terrible.

Agreed, and besides, considering who is direcring this film, I doubt its going to appeal to the same crowd that watched the Bible Miniseries.:hehe:

Do we really need a bible cinematic universe?

Ridley Scott has said that he would like to do a film about David or Solomon to go along with his Exodus film. And Mel Gibson has been wanting to do a Maccabee Rebellion film for ages. The Bible has more than a few cinematic stories. As long as the films dont get preachy or overly sentimental and pander to the uber conservative uber purist sunday school crowd I think more films based on stories from the Bible could be a good thing.

Last edited:
I need that crossover!

russell-crowe-christian-bale1.jpg

Do people think Roma Downey and Mark Burnett will just get Diogo Morgado for Jesus again? They used him in the Bible mini series and the subsequent "Son of God" movie. If they did, it would be pretty cool as it would almost tie this Ben Hur adaptation together with Son of God in a similar way to the Marvel movies.
They need to get Dafoe back.

They need to get Dafoe back.

Lets just bring back Jim Caviezel and make this a prequel to The Passion of the Christ. I can already hear it:

*Epic Trailer Voice*

"You've witnessed his death and resurrection...NOW witness the birth of...THE CHRIST!"

*random thunder and lightning*

*bwaaaaarrrrrr*

*inceptiony score*

"This summer!"

"From the director of such classics as Wanted and Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter comes the remake of the beloved remake of the adaption of the book."

Pilot - "I will crucify you!"

Christ - "No one puts Christ on the cross!"

Ben Hur: The Rise of the Christ

Summer 2016

Last edited:
Agreed, and besides, considering who is direcring this film, I doubt its going to appeal to the same crowd that watched the Bible Miniseries.:hehe:

Ridley Scott has said that he would like to do a film about David or Solomon to go along with his Exodus film. And Mel Gibson has been wanting to do a Maccabee Rebellion film for ages. The Bible has more than a few cinematic stories. As long as the films dont get preachy or overly sentimental and pander to the uber conservative uber purist sunday school crowd I think more films based on stories from the Bible could be a good thing.

Who is directing this movie and why wouldn't it appeal to the same audience?

No idea who that is. His name means nothing to me.

He had great success in Russia with Night Watch and Day Watch. In America his most wellknown movies are Wanted and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. So... perhaps not the most exciting director around at the moment. :)

Directed Wanted and Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter.

Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if he had Christ team up with Ben Hur and battle a demon in hand to hand combat.

I am not very excited about the director. I didn't care for Wanted. Although I really liked the Bible mini series/ Son of God movie, I am not sure how much creative freedom the studio will give to Roma Downey and Mark Burnett. It would be interesting if they did give Diogo Morgado the part again. But If Gal Gadot is in fact going to be in this, that will give me more faith about this project. :woot:

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Noah or Left Behind.

I really don't want to see this news --> "Nick Cage cast as Jesus."

I am not very excited about the director. I didn't care for Wanted. Although I really liked the Bible mini series/ Son of God movie, I am not sure how much creative freedom the studio will give to Roma Downey and Mark Burnett. It would be interesting if they did give Diogo Morgado the part again. But If Gal Gadot is in fact going to be in this, that will give me more faith about this project. :woot:

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Noah or Left Behind.

I really don't want to see this news --> "Nick Cage cast as Jesus."

This is brilliant.

I was really hoping to see Gal in this movie and she was the first name that might've made me more excited about it. Oh well. I hope she'll get to do similar projects in future.

Maybe Olga Kurylenko will take her place now. :p

Or Jennifer Lawrence. :o

Man of Steel's Ayelet Zurer Targets Ben-Hur Role

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
November 11, 2014

Having played the Kryptonian birth mother of Henry Cavill's Kal-El in Man of Steel, Ayelet Zurer is set to play the mother of another bigger-than-life cinematic hero. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Zurer has joined the cast of MGM and Paramount's upcoming Timur Bekmambetov-helmed remake of Ben-Hur where she'll play Naomi, one parent of Jack Huston's title character.

Set for a release on February 26, 2016, the new take on Ben-Hur was originally scripted by Keith Clarke (The Way Back), with revisions by Academy Award-winner John Ridley (12 Years a Slave). Morgan Freeman and Toby Kebbell are also attached to star.

Ben-Hur's casting is just about set, although the production still needs to replace Gal Gadot in the female lead. She left the project late last month due to her commitments to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman and the rest of the upcoming big screen DC Comics slate.

Zurer isn't straying far from comic book adaptations herself. She's set to play Vanessa, the love interest of Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk, on the upcoming Netflix series, "Daredevil."

They didn't show Jesus face in the Heston Ben Hur.Perhaps they won't even cast a name and just show the back of His head like the 50's.

They didn't show Jesus face in the Heston Ben Hur.Perhaps they won't even cast a name and just show the back of His head like the 50's.

That's too tame for Timur. He will have Christ curb stomp a Roman Centurion in the Garden of Gethsemane after which he will lead them on a ten minute foot chase involving slow motion and physics defying leaps and bounds.

That's too tame for Timur. He will have Christ curb stomp a Roman Centurion in the Garden of Gethsemane after which he will lead them on a ten minute foot chase involving slow motion and physics defying leaps and bounds.
tumblr_m3k1juHo3v1ro2d43.gif

I love this.

We also need a training sequence in which Angelina Jolie teaches Ben-Hur how to curve the path of a single arrow so that it can kill 20 people standing in a circle and where Dominic Cooper shows him how to shatter every bone in his opponents body with a single swing of his sword.

Seriously, Timur is a horrible director and I have no idea how he got attached to a big project like this. Maybe no one else wanted it after Noah and Exodus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"