New book of the bible found! The Gospel of JUDAS!

Many of the books that the Church considers as "heretic" or "non-canon" are even more beautiful than many of the books into the Bible. The Magdalena gospel or the Saint Joseph gospel are full of beautiful sentences, for example. I think Judas was an instrument of God to make His/Her plan successful.

As for the article itself, it is pretty interesting. I wonder what the Church's reaction of this is going to be...

MaskedManJRK said:
As for the article itself, it is pretty interesting. I wonder what the Church's reaction of this is going to be...
Protestants: Oh yeah we knew this all allong...God told us right guys.

ShadowBoxing said:
Protestants: Oh yeah we knew this all allong...God told us right guys.

That's the Protestant's difference in all of the Christian religions or something? :confused:

Sorry. I'm, like, a complete religion noob, so I'm kind-of walking here without a light, if you know what I mean.

MaskedManJRK said:
Scorcese did a movie about Jesus? :eek:
Last Temptation of Christ, which is about 478 times better than the Passion.

so what do you think the catholic church will do?? admit that over the past 1,000 years they have been lying and keeping secrets from us :eek:. but that is interesting .

Calvin said:
This has to be fun times for someone like Kessel Day. He's probably reread the bible about a jillion times, and now he finally has new stuff to read.

i heard about this on the radio, Cal.

there have been other apocryphal books written and i would give this one no more credence than i'd give those other pieces of fiction.

it totally contradicts the clear character of Jesus as described by many other people who knew him personally.

for one thing, according to the report, it intimates that Jesus never let the other apostles know that he had to die in order to be the Savior for all mankind. that is patently false. Jesus told the disciples many times that he was leaving them, that he would die for them. these are just a few of the verses:

"Therefore Jesus said: "Let her alone, that she may keep this observance in view of the day of my burial. For you have the poor always with you, but me you will not have always." John 12:7,8

"But now I am going to him that sent me, . . . . But because I have spoken these things to you grief has filled your hearts. John 16:5,6

"I came out from the Father and have come into the world,. Further, I am leaving the world and am going my way to the Father." John 16:28

Kessel Day said:
i heard about this on the radio, Cal.

there have been other apocryphal books written and i would give this one no more credence than i'd give those other pieces of fiction.

it totally contradicts the clear character of Jesus as described by many other people who knew him personally.

for one thing, according to the report, it intimates that Jesus never let the other apostles know that he had to die in order to be the Savior for all mankind. that is patently false. Jesus told the disciples many times that he was leaving them, that he would die for them. these are just a few of the verses:

"Therefore Jesus said: "Let her alone, that she may keep this observance in view of the day of my burial. For you have the poor always with you, but me you will not have always." John 12:7,8

"But now I am going to him that sent me, . . . . But because I have spoken these things to you grief has filled your hearts. John 16:5,6

"I came out from the Father and have come into the world,. Further, I am leaving the world and am going my way to the Father." John 16:28

and btw, Cal, i am a female.
So you believe in the veracity of some ancient texts and interpretations of said texts, but not in others.

I'll ask, how do you know which ones are accurate and which ones are fantasy?

How do you, personally, know that the Judas thing, ( and all of the Apocrypha, for that matter ) is/are false, and how do you know that the other ancient writings are true?

Don't say "Because prophecies from the "Bible" have come true.", because prophecies from anti-Christians have also come true...it's just that, whenever they do, Christians dismiss it as a "Satanic Counterfeit".

How do I know that your beliefs aren't the real "Satanic counterfeit" ? :(

Calvin said:
I dunno, I've met quite a few. It was really just the avatar that has always thrown me off.

image.php

I can't be the only person that gets a KKK vibe from this.

you've never seen the Emperor's guard in Return of the Jedi? *sheesh* even my name is a SW reference!!!!

actually, one of the reasons i picked this avatar is because it is concealing . . .

Kessel Day said:
you've never seen the Emperor's guard in Return of the Jedi? *sheesh* even my name is a SW reference!!!!

actually, one of the reasons i picked this avatar is because it is concealing . . .

Im pissed Lucas didnt show off how badass theyre supposed to be in the prequels.:mad:

Darthphere said:
Im pissed Lucas didnt show off how badass theyre supposed to be in the prequels.:mad:

TOtallyTOtallyTOTALLY! :mad:

F*** Grievous! There should've been a bad-ash fight scene with the Red Guards!

GOD Lucas is an idiot. :down

Wilhelm-Scream said:
TOtallyTOtallyTOTALLY! :mad:

F*** Greivous! There should've been a bad-ash fight scene with the Red Guards!

GOD Lucas is an idiot. :down

I agree, his stupid guards that make that annoying sound couldve easily been the Red Guard.

deemar325 said:
They'll ignore it probaly.

:(
They didnt ignore the da dinci code, why would they ignore this?

Darthphere said:
I agree, his stupid guards that make that annoying sound couldve easily been the Red Guard.
AAAAHHHH shut up!

I'm getting depressed.
I don't understand how the genius in charge of SW and ESB and half of RotJ could've.....

Hrmmmm.....*relax*...it's too late now.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
What's the "da dinci code" ?
:confused:
Its a new book by Dan Brown that shows a conspriacy to hide the real truth of the Da Vinci code! :up:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
So you believe in the veracity of some ancient texts and interpretations of said texts, but not in others.

I'll ask, how do you know which ones are accurate and which ones are fantasy?

How do you, personally, know that the Judas thing, ( and all of the Apocrypha, for that matter ) is/are false, and how do you know that the other ancient writings are true?

Don't say "Because prophecies from the "Bible" have come true.", because prophecies from anti-Christians have also come true...it's just that, whenever they do, Christians dismiss it as a "Satanic Counterfeit".
:(

the Apocrypha is false because of getting basic things that anyone who actually lived in the time the wrong, W-S. they also contradict books that have always been accepted as canon.

for example, the so-called Book of Thomas reports Jesus miraculously killing someone that irritated him as a toddler, yet the gospels say Jesus' first miracle was turning the water to wine at Cana.

Thomas Aquinas said the books of the Apocrypha were childish, petulent and unworthy of serious study. he remarked that they had mistakes in geography, that the history in them was inconsistent or just plain wrong, that there are no prophetic elements, and their content and teachings contradict themselves (and Bible canon).

The Interpretor's Dictionary of the Bible describes them as "trivial, highly theatrical, some are disgusting, even loathsome."

Books of Maccabees are the only ones that contain factual history; however, the author of Maccabees plainly states that he was not inspired.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
How do I know that your beliefs aren't the real "Satanic counterfeit" ?

boo!!! :hyper:

Well,if Thomas Aquinas believes so,it must be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"