New Christians Have A Voice

The Bible never said it was ok(It just says that people did it)...That was something that happened back in the Old Testament.
Times change....People change...Actions change and thats why theres a New Testament that doesnt involve that...

but the Bible is the Bible isnt it??? its not a buffet....you cant take what suits you and leave the rest....there are also passages about the Lord commanding sacrifices of lambs and bulls....but I dont know any christian that does that...do you??

Your opinion.

I repeat what I said, if I went through all your posts, I'm certain I could say the same about you that at least one, you should have checked your grammar.

But really (and what matters), was the meaning clear in my original post? To go after somebody for a simple grammar/spelling error is usually consider low and is usually a desperate attempt at winning an argument (if we can call it 'winning an argument').

I wasn't aware we were having an argument, you see I agree to use a lack of grammar as an attack would be a low blow, however I think you will find it was not an attack.

But christians also have the blessing of being forgiven for their sins providing they stop sinning as a way of life (stop any sinful practice).
Only Christians? Hmmm..I'll just bet if a devout Jew or Muslim asked for forgiveness of a sin God would grant it. He knows his own. (Acts10:34-35).

I thought this whole idea was refreshing, and we still manage a way to create a flame war out of thin air.

Sheesh.
Welcome to the Hype. :p

Actually.. Jesus went to alot of bars and parties, thats where he found most of his followers, he showed them a way to live other than at the bottom of bottle.. Now, sadly, the great ideas that Jesus himself believed is now twisted and distorted as fact by neo-cons and Southern Belles. Homosexuality is wrong, the why was there an Apostle that Jesus Loved?
He loved John, but I don't think in that way. John supposedly lived a long time after the crucifixtion so he would have been quite young at the time he knew Jesus.

Rodhulk = Ignore button :o
Explain where I am ignorant for just stating my belief. I mean, did I spread any hatred to homosexuals (and saying I don't believe in it is not hatred or else I could say you've spread hatred to me for talking against my belief). It's as simple as this, I don't like the act, but the person, I pass no judgement.

Only Christians? Hmmm..I'll just bet if a devout Jew or Muslim asked for forgiveness of a sin God would grant it. He knows his own. (Acts10:34-35).

Welcome to the Hype. :p

He loved John, but I don't think in that way. John supposedly lived a long time after the crucifixtion so he would have been quite young at the time he knew Jesus.
As long as they are his own.

but the Bible is the Bible isnt it??? its not a buffet....you cant take what suits you and leave the rest....there are also passages about the Lord commanding sacrifices of lambs and bulls....but I dont know any christian that does that...do you??
The Lord commanded sacrifices in the Old Testament...
but if you read the New Testament...It says that there is no need for sacrifices because Jesus Christ layed down his life on the cross
The Old Testament is more like History and Stories of great events...but the New Testament tells us what we should model our lives after...

I guess that is up to the opinion of the reader. If you are a Bible literalist then yeah, you gotta take it all. I am not a literalist so I don't find it disloyal to disregard a lot of the OT hatred that I think was more MEN inspired than GOD inspired.

Wow i've been avoiding this thread because to be honest, i've had it up to here about the christian debates on SHH.

But that book actually doesn't sound half bad. finally, a christian who isn't freaking insane.

I wasn't aware we were having an argument, you see I agree to use a lack of grammar as an attack would be a low blow, however I think you will find it was not an attack.
Sometimes, I'm not sure if I'm in an argument or not. What often starts as something small soon escalates to an all out war. Believe me, this happens way to often (and not just with me, but other people too. It's usually quite entertaining).

As for the grammar, I don't know if it still had to be used. Any type of correction in the fashion you did is usually regarded as an attack (maybe I'm saying it a little harsh). I'm certain now you menat nothing bad about it.

Wow i've been avoiding this thread because to be honest, i've had it up to here about the christian debates on SHH.

But that book actually doesn't sound half bad. finally, a christian who isn't freaking insane.

This would be quite a nice thread if we could get it back on track :rolleyes:

I believe a Muslim or Jew who is peaceful and devoted to God is just as much one of his own as a Christian is. :)

yea what she said.....i think the big problem comes from that each side in a religious debate wants to be right and for everyone else to be wrong and go to hell.....no one is content with just believing what they believe and letting others do the same

Nice to see some people with more sane, moderate views on life trying to take Christianity back from the arms of the extremist whackos that have perverted nearly everything that Jesus tried to teach. :up: As an Agnostic, I see more horrible things done to my fellow human beings by so called Christians simply because they don't like what those people believe than I would really like to. They've made it a religion of ugly conformity, trampling the ideals and beliefs of others, hate-mongering and conditional love. Disgusting. Here's hoping Miller and more people like him are successful in taking their religion back from these bastards.

jag

I believe a Muslim or Jew who is peaceful and devoted to God is just as much one of his own as a Christian is. :)
That's a whole other issue from what we've been talking about here. It's possible in certain cases, but in general, I would say no.

This would be quite a nice thread if we could get it back on track :rolleyes:

i haven't read over it... but let me guess, you know, a really WILD guess....

people are arguing about christianity and the word of god... AGAIN???:whatever:

Nice to see some people with more sane, moderate views on life trying to take Christianity back from the arms of the extremist whackos that have perverted nearly everything that Jesus tried to teach. :up: As an Agnostic, I see more horrible things done to my fellow human beings by so called Christians simply because they don't like what those people believe than I would really like to. They've made it a religion of ugly conformity, trampling the ideals and beliefs of others, hate-mongering and conditional love. Disgusting. Here's hoping Miller and more people like him are successful in taking their religion back from these bastards.

jag

we can only hope, but people feed on conflict and divisiveness.....al sharpton and jesse jackson are beneficiaries of this society and its love of choosing sides

the seperation of the wife from the household in certain situations (after childbirth, illness) is in Leviticus...if I remember correctly.....
1 Samuel 17:25 (New International Version)

25 Now the Israelites had been saying, "Do you see how this man keeps coming out? He comes out to defy Israel. The king will give great wealth to the man who kills him. He will also give him his daughter in marriage and will exempt his father's family from taxes in Israel."

there are numerous passages concerning the giving or exchanging of daughters into arranged marriages
CABLEYOURMASTER may have answered this above but when I get home, I'll check this out.

That's a whole other issue from what we've been talking about here. It's possible in certain cases, but in general, I would say no.

ok....so in that vein...are you saying that the Koran and the Torah are any less valid then the Bible....??

i haven't read over it... but let me guess, you know, a really WILD guess....

people are arguing about christianity and the word of god... AGAIN???:whatever:

Yup - with a big helping of homosexuality debate to go with it but that has sort of tapered off. :(

The trouble is, just like those Muslim extremists blowing folks up, is that a very vocal minority gets a whole thought ideal branded as being the same thing. Just like most ordinary Muslims are peaceful and wouldn't condone the violence of their brothers, so many Christians wouldn't neccessarily agree with the extremist views of some of their Fundamentalist kin. It isn't fair to say that all Muslim and all Christians are so violent and rigid.

just remember guys "He who is free of sin shall cast the first stone." :o

ok....so in that vein...are you saying that the Koran and the Torah are any less valid then the Bible....??
The Bible is my authority so I'll let you answer your own question.

Oh, and isn't the Torah the OT law?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"