New Devil May Cry 4 Hands on

Ninja Gaiden looks worse than DMC4, has worse art design, and doesn't have realtime weapon change or realtime style change, and DMC has awesome combat.

Ninja Gaiden 2 however, has real-time weapons change, much better combat than DMC, and a character that is unmistakably male.

People are actually still talking about real time weapon change? lulz.

Ninja Gaiden 2 however, has real-time weapons change, much better combat than DMC, and a character that is unmistakably male.

Ninja Gaiden 2 has boring clunky item menu weapon change, about on par combat if not a little worse, and (NOT) a character who is a ****ing badass. Dante is unmistakable a dude.

"Alright I guess I've got some time to Kill."
devil-may-cry-4-20060925014443808.jpg

Look, watch the gameplay demonstration. Weapon change is handled with the D-pad now. Ninja Gaiden's combat is clearly more advanced via including combos that put DBZ to shame. Also, Dante looks like Ellen Degeners.

Look, watch the gameplay demonstration. Weapon change is handled with the D-pad now. Ninja Gaiden's combat is clearly more advanced via including combos that put DBZ to shame. Also, Dante looks like Ellen Degeners.

I have and that doesn't change the fact that the weapon change is a clunky menu and DMC4 let's you change weapons witha simple button press, and change styles on the fly mid move with the dpad. XYXXYXXYXYXXYXX versus actually making your own combos with complex button inputs? I'll take DMC.

I can't believe you guys argue about weapon changing. :csad:

I have and that doesn't change the fact that the weapon change is a clunky menu and DMC4 let's you change weapons witha simple button press, and change styles on the fly mid move with the dpad. XYXXYXXYXYXXYXX versus actually making your own combos with complex button inputs? I'll take DMC.

Keep in mind that Ninja Gaiden has at least ten weapons, all of which are cooler than DMC's guns and swords.

And Ninja Gaiden's combos beat the teeth out of anything Dante ever did.

I'm pretty sure Zenien was joking about the point made of real-time weapon changing as mention of it only serves to make Jack Tretton look like an idiot.

Devil May Cry 4 has weapons that humiliate anything seen in Ninja Gaiden.

Dante becomes playable after a certain point in the game and has his four styles present and correct, but the real interest is in his outstanding special weapons: Gilgamesh is a melee weapon which puts spinning blades on his feet and hands, and allows vicious pummeling attacks (including a shoryuken). Lucifer causes Dante to sprout grey skeletal wings and shoot out red ‘demon blades’ that hover in the air and can be controlled and used to surround him – or made to explode by dropping a rose.

But the best, by far, is Pandora’s Box. This is a small briefcase with at least five different uses: it can be thrown like a boomerang into enemies, while opening it stuns anyone nearby, and it can even transform into a machine gun or a huge rocket launcher with several different additional forms, including a laser. Then there’s the last function, which sees it convert into a mobile missile battery surrounded with cannons (featuring a seat for Dante in the middle), which can float around raining nastiness on to anything that even looks at it the wrong way.

bite-sized-dante-arrives-early-2008-20071207054256587.jpg

That sounds like a horrible set of gimmick weapons. Like they put every bizarre novelty-weapon-James Bond villain in a blender and poured the result onto DMC 4.

Ninja Gaiden will always be better, it's a known fact. Tecmo > Capcom.

Well after watching a good amount of gameplay vids from both games, I guess it's pretty much a documented fact now that NG2's gameplay is far superior to DMC4's which only looks flashier instead of having actual substance.

I mean, just look at these vids of Ninja Gaiden 2 in action:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28600.html
http://www.gamespot.com/video/943273/6183375/ninja-gaiden-ii-official-movie-2
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/686/686645/vid_2209811.html

and compare them with this:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/vid_2222277.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/vid_2222298.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748464/vid_2222288.html

It's just...sad. Compared to Ninja Gaiden, it seems as if you're playing DMC4 in slow-motion. And as usual, the enemies are little more than target practice, lingering around like a buncha dumbasses while you mow down their buddies. Dante's punch-kick moves look pathetic and their range is just terrible (on the other hand, the kind of moves Hayabusa is pulling off puts Wolverine to shame). That other conjuring swords weapon like everything else, only looks cool but nowhere near as effective or practical as even the lamest armament in Ninja Gaiden 2. Even the bloody boss character in one of those vids, with its huge size lacks any kind of menacing aura - there is simply no real sense of danger coming off of its attacks.

Matter of fact, I'm quite disappointed - the last DMC4 trailer was awesome and had me genuinely excited about the game but the gameplay vids are just...meh. It simply doesn't have the savagery and intensity that NG2 has oozing out of every single frame. :down:dry:

Ninja Gaiden will always be better, it's a known fact. Tecmo > Capcom.
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Rising!!! :eek: :eek:

Of course, Capcom also has to carry the weight of all it's crappy games too, but...

Anyway, no question: Ninja Gaiden > DMC 70.

That sounds like a horrible set of gimmick weapons. Like they put every bizarre novelty-weapon-James Bond villain in a blender and poured the result onto DMC 4.

Yup, little more than gimmicks, like that awful guitar piece of crap in DMC3. Give me old fashioned functional hardware over these 'trendy' abominations.

It's Funny how DMC3 was universally panned for being too Hard and yet the Ninja Gaiden fanboys like to perpetuated the myth that it's somehow easy or that the enemies just stand around. Sure the basic ones do.

I*t's Funny how DMC3 was universally panned for being too Hard and yet the Ninja Gaiden ffanboys like to perpetuated the myth that it's somehow easy or that the enemies just stand around. Sure the basic ones do.

When we say DMC is "easy or that the enemies just stand around", compared to Ninja Gaiden, yes, there couldn't be a truer statement.

IMO DMC3 was better than NG. It is ridiculously hard (I have not beaten it yet), but it's got better, more balanced gameplay than NG IMO. They're both good games, but it is my opinion that DMC3 is better.

Then you are clinically insane, and need to be put in a straight jacket right away. Luckily, you live in the USA where we take pride in our insane asylums. Not like those dirty Canadian commies who let lunatics like Zenien run around unleashed.

Well I came here to read about DMC 4...not *****ing about if it's better than Ninja Gaiden 2...so....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah...:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"