New director for Star Trek 3?

They're not going to put the 50th anniversary movie in this guy's hands.

Bird, however, I would be all over...

This is Latino Review after all, they haven't had a good track record lately.

EXCLUSIVO: Jon Chu ISN’T The Frontrunner For STAR TREK 3…But We Know Who Is!!!
By Daniel Baldwin
Aug 5 2013

A big rumor has been circling the ‘net that Jon M. Chu (Step-Up 2&3, G.I. Joe: Retaliation) is the current top contender to sit in the directorial captain’s chair for Star Trek 3. While this bit of information has rightfully been met with groans from most, we here at Cinematallica warn you to not get too upset just yet. According to an industry source, Chu’s name might be on the list, but he is NOT Paramount’s #1 choice to replace J.J. Abrams as the rebooted series’ helmsman. So why all the hubbub? While our source couldn’t confirm one way or another, it seems entirely likely that Jon’s name has been leaked as a prospective choice in order to coax their actual primo draft pick into finally signing a contract. So who’s the real golden boy?

Rupert Wyatt.

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes director has had a hard time getting another project off the ground since he rebooted that particular franchise for Fox and is now happily running into the arms of another ’60s science fiction property. I’m told that Wyatt is virtually a lock at this stage in the game. Granted things could easily change (FYI: Ben Affleck actually DID almost sign on to Man of Steel), but don’t be surprised if Paramount and Bad Robot decide to boldly go [ape] where no man has gone before.

http://www.cinematallica.com/exclus...ontrunner-for-star-trek-3-but-we-know-who-is/

I could get on board with Wyatt.

I like the idea of Wyatt.I feel rise of the planet of the apes treat original films with more respect than Abrams did Trek.So Count me In.

I would much rather Wyatt got the job than Chu, I havent seen any Chu movies, but the reviews speak for themselves. ROTPOTA is a genuinely very good movie, in which Wyatt showed real talent with handling acting, character building, CGI and action, many of the ingredients the last two ST movies have had.

Yes, he would be a great choice, better than anything G.I. Joe-related. Everything in Rise of the Planet of the Apes had the perfect balance: character development, action,... . Star Trek, having so many characters, needs this kind of balancing act.

Latino Review has a terrible track record as of late and we can't take what they write seriously.

Wyatt I can see doing it. Chu would be in way over his head.

Yeah, I don't think Chu can do it thought Wyatt would be interesting.

If Singer is a true fan of Trek, then I allow him to do a film :)
He has to make it his own though, and not just a clone of the Abrams version.

Singer could let Patrick Stewart cameo as Picard. In one way or another, it could fit into the plot. Maybe a "flash forward" instead of a flashback?
But why do that? Well, that could depend on what villain(s)................................ Borg?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"