New Exorcist?

“You know, what happened was I’ve turned down many versions of The Exorcist 2,” Burstyn shared. “I’ve said no every time. This time they offered me a whole bunch of money and I still said no. And then they surprised me and they came back and said, ‘We doubled the offer.’ I said, ‘OK, let me think about this.’ I thought, ‘That’s a lot of money. Let me think about it.'”

Despite being taken aback by their second offer, this definitely helped Burstyn with her final decision. After realizing that the money would hugely benefit her scholarship program for young actors, she ultimately signed on to the project.

lol

Always nice to know when the script or filmmaker wasn't the real selling point. At least she's honest lol

The Exorcist Trilogy: Ellen Burstyn on Why She’s Returning for the Sequel

I respect her honesty but it’s still not a good sign.

I'm guessing we won't be having a trailer for this until summer then?

You know, I don’t mind ignoring 2 or the prequels but given Blatty put his heart into both the novel and the film of Legion, aka Exorcist III, ignoring it is stupid. Not to mention so many people actually love that one, myself included.

Well he had no issue retconning Halloween II, so... unfortunately I could totally see him taking that approach again with wiping the slate clean for this new trilogy.

This is surprising considering that as far as I'm aware of, she declined to return for the Fox show. I'm guessing it took a lot of moolah to convince her to come back?
I have to imagine
actually playing Regan again made it a more intriguing offer. I think too much hinged on the show’s reveal that Regan had been hiding in plain sight for me to believe she was ever in the mix for that role. It had to have been some sort of cameo, if anything.

It would be interesting to see her getting to interact with Pazuzu (assuming it's the same demon and no, I'm not counting The Heretic here because of obvious reasons), because you have to wonder how someone would deal with the chance of confronting a supernatural being that took control away from your body and made you do horrible things when you were only a kid.

There's a good psychological angle David Gordon Green could approach here with the right execution.

Surprised no one's talking about this movie, comes out pretty soon next month. Saw the trailer attached to another movie and would've written it off if not for Russell Crowe:

I'll check it out when it comes to streaming. :)

I would be over the moon if this managed to have the same sort of “prestige drama steadily getting dragged further into hell” feeling as the original.
The only movie I didn't like was the second one which was a confusing mess. I have good hopes for this being decent. :)

Footage description from DiscussingFilm. I will put in spoiler tags just in case. But it’s been confirmed now this will be the first of a new trilogy. Footage sounds awesome. Definitely one I am looking forward to. I loved what Green did with the new Halloween trilogy following up the original film. So doing the same now with The Exorcist, I’m excited personally.

Universal and Blumhouse revealed the first-ever footage from David Gordon Green’s upcoming reimaging of The Exorcist. The film is now titled The Exorcist: Believer and is the first in a new confirmed trilogy coming to theaters. The Exorcist: Believer features the possession of not one but two children. Leslie Odom Jr. plays a father whose daughter and her best friend go missing for 3 days in the woods. The two young teenage girls become the victims of demonic possession, getting more facially deformed and monster-like as the days go by.

We see one of the girls interrupt a church session in the daytime while she walks down the middle aisle covered in blood and speaks in her terrifying demonic voice for the first time. Their makeup design is very similar to what Regan looked like in the original film, with yellow eyes, facial scars, and slime all over their face. Speaking of Regan, original actress Ellen Burstyn returns as her mother in the role of Chris MacNeil when Leslie Odrom Jr. reaches out to her for help. Given her history, Chris could be the key to bringing these girls back.

The iconic Exorcist theme kicks in and the two young girls go full demon mode. When Ellen Burstyn comes face to face with Odom Jr.’s daughter, she tells the demon inside her, “We’ve met before,” prompting a sinister smile and laugh from the demon. A montage begins showing more of the film’s horrifying scares, leading up to an at-home exorcism led by Chris MacNeil in the basement. The two girls are tied together and hooked up to heart monitors, and their two hearts begin to beat in sync in a creepy final shot of them giving monstrous yells.

So that description basically confirms that
Pazuzu is coming back and it's not just a different demon doing this. Still wondering how Reagan will pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"