New Footage!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Electrix, Apr 13, 2007.

1. zanos Registered

I think it's pretty obvious why optimus was given lips. It's so ppl know when he is speaking.

2. Hunter Rider Ronin

Prime,Megs and Bumblebee were spot on in the script and ive never had a problem with Prime having flames,i prefer it to the bland red look.

Starscream was the only off one IMO it's not about his look or being vulture like,it's the fact he had no personality,he should be scheming to usurp Megs and being sneaky and a sniveling prick not just a badass general.

The humans being able to put up a fight is a good idea otherwise we ask the audience to sit and watch massive CGI robots punch eahc other without giveing them a way into the battle,that's what Lennox is for in the movie.

3. jdre_124 Registered

Then what car would you have BB be?? Its already been stated before the BB cant be a Volkswagen Beetle becaue Volkswagen won't let them. Besides all the vehicles except for Prime are all GM owned vehicles in terms of cars.

4. Stikmann Registered

Yet you accept those other incarnations all as Batman. You don't deny that the 60's Batman IS Batman? But for some reason, you can't apply the same logic to the Transformers?

It's folks like you that declared that Star Trek TNG ISN'T Star Trek! The same type could have been screaming back in 1982 that these "new" G.I. Joes AREN'T G.I.Joe (they just didn't have a forum back then). And the same thing will happen here. They simply, quietly buy into to new franchise or just eventually fade away.

5. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

This is the one I'm worried about the most, really. They completely buttsecksed his design to hell, then made him a 2-line blankbot. I know everyone will scream; "They fixed the script! Just wait and see!" but really, I doubt they would have added a HUGE chunk of script just to change Screamer. I'm hoping he at least has a touch of himself now, but I don't hope for a big add-on just for him, cause it probably won't happen.

6. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

GM owns Daewoo (Heck they've renamed the Daewoo range Chevy here in the UK) Even though i find nearly all of the UK chevy cars cr*p they could have been able to use one of the smaller ukchevys as BB......

But i personally prefer him as a Camero.

As for SS....

In the leaked script they have him being the only surviving 'Con and fleeing... Maybe for the first movie he'll be quiet and Badass then the second (And third) they can have him in charge of the 'Cons and more like his original characterisation (sp)

7. GSFOR Registered

I see you know your cars sir...I have been reading all the debate that's been going on, and I must admit I like what I see. I would like to say that I am now ,not so mad at all the changes they made to the TF. To the true G1 fan I must say we are a dying breed man. I spoke to a 13 year old about the movie last week, and he did not seem to impress with it. He told me about the new TF that airs now, and he didn't like it too much. I tried explaining how G1 was the best TF, but he never really cared. What I am saying is, we were there when G1 was first introduce, and at that times it was the best to us. Times have changed, and G1 TF shining moments have gone. I like the new TF, like someone said "megatron turning into a gun would not make for a great movie" I'm looking foward to the movie, hopefully it's a great flick. The thing I don't like about these movies, they sometime dumb them down, by trying to put too much humor. By the way, I love the debates, their kinda teaching me more about TF.

8. nightcrawler01 Registered

I missed it!! :( I was in class and forget to look at it when I got home from school

9. November Rain Single Mother

er...maybe the fact we can hear his voice could notify people to when he's speaking instead...

it didn't confuse young children back in the 80s

:up:

10. jdre_124 Registered

Well does that 13 year old collect any of the figures?? I am a 14 year old and I completly respect and enjoy G1, I have the movie , even though the soundtrack makes me cringe, and some of the G1 toys and I collect the new ones. He probably didnt like the new series just because Cybertron wasnt all that great to begin with. :csad: Trust me when the movie comes closer to release it will respark Transformers love.

11. GSFOR Registered

these youngpunks nowadays you sometime have to signal to them, before they know that you're talking to them. You could be looking dead at them, and they act as if you're not there.

12. jdre_124 Registered

Please Dont Speak of a generation based on a couple off *******s. Yes we are the "Ipod" generation with the distinct ability to block out people but that doesnt mean every generation doesnt have its own problems. I personally never put anything in my ears when I'm with people and I hate when others do it. And every generation has a problem listening to elders. Were all like that. Everyone can remeber a time where they ignored there parents or someone else. But they grow out of it.........hopefully:dry:

13. GSFOR Registered

Well that's great , and yes he was reffereing to the new series. nonetheless if I made him watch the G1 TF, he might see them as crude and corny, glad to see that you appreciate the G1-TF .Most kids your age I doubt even know about TF G1...

14. jdre_124 Registered

Yes I love G1..Grimlock makes me laugh, Optimus Prime was still a badass, and to be honest the action to me is 10 times better than the stuff seen in the Unicron Trilogy. Though because I was around for Beast Wars I have a soft spot for it. Though Beast Machines just sucked. Except for possibly the ending. Even then it was limited.

15. dark_b Registered

i have seen a cartoon. looked like a new cartoon since there were 3d robots. and optimus had a mouth.

16. jdre_124 Registered

That was Cybertron. Part of the Unicron Trilogy. Which all sucked too me. Especially that Energon. I think no series will ever live up to G1 or Beast Wars.

17. Stikmann Registered

Yeah...it seems to me that Beast Wars added depth and significance to G1 in a way. I'd love it if the new movie(s) could take the franchise as seriously as BW did.

18. jdre_124 Registered

I agree too. I think the greatest moment in Transformes history to me was the episode in Beast Wars called "Code of Hero", were Dinobot dies inorder to save the primitive humans from Megatron. That or Optimus Prime's death. No other events come as close.

19. Tempest19 Registered

Come on guys, what's taking so long? HOST IT AGAIN!!!

20. dark_b Registered

well hte cartoon looked like a good cartoon for kids for saturday morning. which it also was :cwink:

but what suprised me(after reading a lot of posts) here was that optimus had a battle mod. and hes lips moved when he talked.
    so there we had it. we have OP before the movie with lips. so bay didnt do anything wrong. :woot:

21. Shedhut Registered

back then his face-shield moved when he talked :o

22. The Kid AMERICA FTW

because his lips were moving behind it. lol

23. CFlash Registered

And isn't Beast Wars universally loved because it adhered so closely to the original G1 history (despite taking place at a different point in time)?

So much so that it's considered "G1" despite coming out almost 15 years later and involving a totally different set of characters? It wasn't a "remaking" but more like a "meanwhile back in..." story.

Apparently, that lesson was kinda lost on the filmmakers of this movie.

24. millennium movies Registered

Whats everyone looking for? The TV spot with Prime talking?

25. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Damn....I was too late....BUT I did hear the Optimus Prime voice, it sounds pretty cool. The lips...well..I never was a Transformers fan till all the movie stuff so I can't really say. But the movie looks fine to me, can't wait.