New Footage!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Electrix, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I think you mean Bonecrusher, not barricade.

Wow, Youtube/Paramount pulled that vid fast! :eek:

2. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Agreed. Cullen doesn't even sound like Cullen, so why even hire him...?

3. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

i dont have a prob with the lips...

i just hope the voice goes with the lips.. unlike the clip and like TMNT.. that was annoying.

4. Atomicchuck3k Alien Visitor

Optimus sounds like Galvatron from the Transformers animated movie. :csad:

5. Nathan Registered

No, he does not.

6. lars573 Registered

I liked it.

7. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

I really don't understand how they went through so much **** for "realism", then gave Prime these big rubber fish lips. :huh::csad:

8. Reptile Registered

after seeing primes lips I wanna Kill Bay

9. Drakon I got a rock.

10. Sony23 Registered

Actually liked it but like so many others I hated the lips on Prime. They just looked fake. Though according to Roberto Orci they're actually discussing whether to keep the faceplate on....But knowing Bay I don't think that's gonna happen.

11. superkong 500 Registered

Ah we should wait before giving bay a final verdict here, optimus actually looks great except for the lips. However Iam sure that many that hate it now(the mouth) will learn to live with it in no time. By the time the movie comes out in J4 a lot that now hate it will say "oh it has grown on me" the mouth that is. and now you bash it but when you see it with the battle mode faceplate youll love it. Iam not defending bay but just trying to be objective here, its like a lot of things in the past like the bat suit or to a higher degree the supes one with the brownish cape and smaller S logo. Plus like someone else said, the faceplate will more than conpensate for the ugly lips.

12. Nathan Registered

Does this make sense to anyone else? :huh: Of course I'm gonna love it when the faceplate is on. Because then I don't have to see those horrendous lips. And how exactly am I going to hate the lips any less?

13. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

God, that was awful. The scene of Prime driving up, transforming, and worst of all, talking with those horrible flaps...TERRIBLE. And the acting all around -- incl. v/o -- looks like the work of an untalented director. Oh that's right, it is. The movie is looking worse with every new bit of footage.

14. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

how was that scene so bad??.. and you can tell the acting by one line?:huh:

im not surprised you hate this though...

15. Hunter Rider Ronin

16. Creature SH Registered

That's either ignorance or a blatant lie.

*sigh*
    I don't even know how many times I've said this by now, but I would never have expected a live-action movie to be a virtual mirror of "G1". I wouldn't have wanted that, either. In fact, years ago, when the project got started, I was one of the first to say on these forums (not this particular section, as it didn't exist yet) that there would HAVE to be changes.
    However, this movie simply is not a good representation of Transformers at all. A good approach, the only logical approach would be to mix and match the best and most successful elements of the franchise while leaving the goofy fare expected from saturday morning cartoons behind. But that's not what has been done here. This movie is simply a mixture of generic big-scale action movie elements that a precious few transformers elements have been pushed into, shaving their edges off so much to fit them in that they've become shapeless.

Actually, you're right about one thing. What I would've liked to see would be to take the concept to the next level. To realize it's potential for a smart and inspiring tale. But now that will never happen.

17. The Kid AMERICA FTW

:trans: :trans: :trans: :heart: :heart: :trans: :trans:

DIDN'T LIKE IT? DON'T WATCH THE MOVIE, THEN. STOP WASTING LIFE BICHING ABOUT SOME MOVIE. I'LL BE THERE OPENING DAY SINCE THAT HYPED MY PANTIES OFF! AND i'M NOT EVEN WEARING PANTIES.

18. Drakon I got a rock.

19. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

20. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

I don't even mind that Prime has a mouth, I saw it all through BW and never really even flinched. BUT, his huge triangle nose and big rubber smoochie lips just look off. To me it's not that his plate is open, it's that his face looks like a freakin' clown-fish ass.

21. The Kid AMERICA FTW

sounded like Optimus to me, just an older gravellier version since Cullen's gotten older himself.

I don't understand the complaints about the lips too. All the bots have lips, but optimus' is usually covered, that's all. The reason they didn't animate optimus with lips in the toon was probably because it was just a short cut way syncing the voice with the animation instead of having to animate every lip movement. I wonder if anyone would be pissed if the live action speed racer actually had good lip sync. Sometimes because it's done in the cartoon doesn't mean it's the best way, fellas.

22. bearhulk Registered

NICE TRAILER and Prime"s face nice but look like monkey or something but it's cool and i can live iwth that i like it at all:trans:

23. superkong 500 Registered

Its makes sense you just misunderstood what I said, you will still go see the damn movie you won't care that much about the lips you'll forget about nitpicking. The lips aint gonna change unless they decide to just keep the faceplate all the time which I doubt. Really I don't think is that big of a deal. If he didn't have the lips then he would have to be covered all the time and bay wanted him to be able to emote more and display a higher level of emotion. It may look rubbery and whatnot but you'll have to live with it and see the good visual side that the character has to offer.

24. DOG LIPS El Señor Presidente

[​IMG]

"I am Optimus Prime."

25. CFlash Registered

OK... not for nuthin, guys... but some of ya'll are being a bit too harsh. You can't tell much from one line in a trailer. Prime sounded fine. And I swear I heard a bit of the classic transformation sound when he changed (I wish it was more pronounced).

No, I'm not going over to the darkside. I just didn't think that scene wasn't all that bad.... and I appreciate them even putting out a trailer/commercial with it in it.

P.S.
    I still hate Michael Bay.