new GEARS OF WAR screenshots

WhatsHisFace said:
MGS4 needs a hollywood writer on the level of Andrew Niccol to salvage the story of that series.

Just stop talking. MGS games have always had good stories. MGS doesn't need any salvaging. You have inane half baked hatred of the weirdest things and use it to discredit anything for practically no reason.

Boll is nowhere near as good as Kojima, the PLOT of MGS games are consistently good. I can't believe people are even spewing this garbage about the plot of MGS games being bad of Boil or anything, absolutely guitared.

MGS2 was just long winded, time for "OMGFG VAMPIRE ROLLERBLADES", yeah be quiet it's a VIDEO GAME, MGS has never been "OMFG REALITY-ZORZ!".

Zenien said:
Just stop talking. MGS games have always had good stories. MGS doesn't need any salvaging. You have inane half baked hatred of the weirdest things and use it to discredit anything for practically no reason.

Boll is nowhere near as good as Kojima, the PLOT of MGS games are consistently good. I can't believe people are even spewing this garbage about the plot of MGS games being bad of Boil or anything, absolutely guitared.

MGS2 was just long winded, time for "OMGFG VAMPIRE ROLLERBLADES", yeah be quiet it's a VIDEO GAME, MGS has never been "OMFG REALITY-ZORZ!".

Talk about deluded....

Let me guess GeoW will have a better story.

Zenien said:
Let me guess GeoW will have a better story.

As long as it avoids trying to throw in ill concived villains that dont fit the universe and avoids inane, sensless rambling ('now the battlefield is eternal?' wtf? who writes that crap?) then yes.

Don't fit the Universe... MG has always had out there villains and characters ever since MG1 all the way to the most recent games. So really, tell me what characters don't fit the 'universe'.

"Now the battlefeild is eternal" where did you get that from, or where you just pararphrasing because when a character in a video game uses metaphors it confuses you.

So So GeoW can have the stupidest kill the enemies story in existance with no depth and you'd still prefer it over good characters and plot because DARN any measure of oddballness shouldn't belong in ANYTHING!

Zenien said:
Don't fit the Universe... MG has always had out there villains and characters ever since MG1 all the way to the most recent games. So really, tell me what characters don't fit the 'universe'.

"Now the battlefeild is eternal" where did you get that from, or where you just pararphrasing because when a character in a video game uses metaphors it confuses you.

So So GeoW can have the stupidest kill the enemies story in existance with no depth and you'd still prefer it over good characters and plot because DARN any measure of oddballness shouldn't belong in ANYTHING!

Metal Gear has no depth, just a pretense of depth.

And good characters and plot? Are you on crack?

A good plot is any of the splinter cell games. None of the stupid BS of the metal gear solid.

Yeah ok, you just have a certain taste for the tone of a storyline, quality be damned, now that we've had this little revalation we can move on.

SC has good plot? What the bad place are you on? The next one looks good because of the innovation in storytelling but the past ones have been like watching CNN.

THWIP* said:
BUT HE'S 100% RIGHT. :confused: :o

Horrorfan said:
You seem like a decent guy, so I hate to do this to you, but deep down inside, in your heart and in the rumblings of your bowls, you KNOW this to be true: Uwe Boll is a better writer than Hideo Kojima will ever be. We know it's true, but admiting it is the first step on the road to recovery from MGS syndrome.

Come on. You folks may not exactly be fond of Kojima, but despite his screwups, the man has undeniably injected certain moments in the MGS series that are pure cinematic genius. And his writing is not too shabby either, as long as he keeps himself restrained that is.

Can't say the same for Boll, who deserves to be anally impaled with thick burning iron rods and forcefully fed pig feces for every single frame of film that's he's shot.

Horrorfan said:
That's why it's a politcal thriller. Duh.

Not to mention the Splinter Cell games have always had pretty snappy dialogue. :up:

Zenien said:

MGS has good stories and characters, but sometimes the melodrama and japanese symbolism weighs everything down. There's alot of stuff that we don't need to know about, like Otacon's affair with his stepmom. That ruined the game for me. I've tried very hard to repress alot of what happened in MGS2.

Yeah, the bosses are over the top, but that's MGS for you. The whole Raiden thing was poorly executed, but had some good ideas like the whole SSS thing. Also, MGS2 had one of the cheesiest endings ever. I always thought it was funny how Snake and Raiden are standing next to this pile of rubble that used to be a federal building, they're wearing these hi-tech suits yet all the pedestrians are just walking by casually, as if nothing happened. And then Rose appearing seemingly out of no where so we can get a happy ending. Kojima is like Lucas, in that when they get unlimited resources they can't control themselves and have to make everything over the top and flashy. Kojima redeemed himself with Snake Eater though.

Phaser said:
Come on. You folks may not exactly be fond of Kojima, but despite his screwups, the man has undeniably injected certain moments in the MGS series that are pure cinematic genius. And his writing is not too shabby either, as long as he keeps himself restrained that is.

Can't say the same for Boll, who deserves to be anally impaled with thick burning iron rods and forcefully fed pig feces for every single frame of film that's he's shot.

THEN HE NEEDS TO BE MAKING MOVIES, INSTEAD OF GAMES. :down
BESIDES, BOLL'S MOVIES ARE USUALLY BASED OFF OF BAD VIDEO GAMES TO BEGIN WITH.

THWIP* said:

So no game should have a cinimatic quality to it because that's best left to movies, ok.

or...

Brace yourself everyone, a variation of the "Metal Gear Solid games aren't fun to play, they're just interactive movies" bull**** arguement coming up.

Zenien, will you be on AIM tonight, or should I just go to sleep?

THWIP* said:

The first MGS had great gameplay. Maybe not so the second one, and the third one also felt a bit dated, but it still played pretty well.

You and I both know that equating Kojima with Boll is exaggeration to the point of stupidity.

Phaser said:
The first MGS had great gameplay. Maybe not so the second one, and the third one also felt a bit dated, but it still played pretty well.

You and I both know that equating Kojima with Boll is exaggeration to the point of stupidity.

PERHAPS YOU'VE MISSED THE MANY ARGUMENTS I'VE PARTICIPATED IN, WITH ALL OF 'LIQUID SNAKE'S 'MGS' THREADS OF THE PAST.........BUT I HATE THE 'MGS' FRANCHISE.
AFTER THE PS1 'MGS' GAME, THE FRANCHISE TOOK A NOSEDIVE, IMO, BECAUSE THEY STARTED SCREWING OVER THE GAMERS. IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT THEY DID THE 'MGS2:SUBSTANCE' BULLS**T........BUT THEY PULLED THE SAME S**T WITH 'MGS3:SUBSISTENCE'. RATHER THAN MAKE A COMPLETE, "REAL" GAME FROM THE BEGINNING, THEY'VE JUST BEEN RELEASING "TEASERS", WITH A CRAPLOAD OF CINEMATIC FLUFF. THEN, THEY EXPECT YOU TO GIVE THEM MORE MONEY (AND THEY KNOW FANS FOOLISHLY WILL), FOR WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL GAME.

KOJIMA IS A MONEY-GRUBBING WANNABE MOVIE DIRECTOR. BOLL IS JUST A TYPICAL HOLLYWOOD "B MOVIE" HACK..........BUT HE'S PRETTY MUCH ADMITTED THAT HIMSELF IN INTERVIEWS AT LEAST. YOU'LL NEVER HEAR/READ KOJIMA ADMITTING HE'S SCREWED HIS GULLIBLE FANS OUT OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. :down

THWIP* said:
PERHAPS YOU'VE MISSED THE MANY ARGUMENTS I'VE PARTICIPATED IN, WITH ALL OF 'LIQUID SNAKE'S 'MGS' THREADS OF THE PAST.........BUT I HATE THE 'MGS' FRANCHISE.

Yes, I know that much already.

AFTER THE PS1 'MGS' GAME, THE FRANCHISE TOOK A NOSEDIVE, IMO, BECAUSE THEY STARTED SCREWING OVER THE GAMERS. IT'S BAD ENOUGH THAT THEY DID THE 'MGS2:SUBSTANCE' BULLS**T........BUT THEY PULLED THE SAME S**T WITH 'MGS3:SUBSISTENCE'. RATHER THAN MAKE A COMPLETE, "REAL" GAME FROM THE BEGINNING, THEY'VE JUST BEEN RELEASING "TEASERS", WITH A CRAPLOAD OF CINEMATIC FLUFF. THEN, THEY EXPECT YOU TO GIVE THEM MORE MONEY (AND THEY KNOW FANS FOOLISHLY WILL), FOR WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL GAME.

I agree with you on that whole "substance/subsistence" crap. Apparently Konami's strategy with the MGS games have always been like this - release the U.S version of the game first. Then the European version a couple months later with the "European Extreme" difficulty and the "demo theatre". Then another couple months later, make yet another "special" version that includes the extras from the European version plus a couple other bonus additions along with a cheeky subtitle. We've seen it with the first MGS (the one that had the game + the VR missions pack), MGS2 (Substance) and MGS3 (Subsistence). It's gullible double dipping at its worst.

KOJIMA IS A MONEY-GRUBBING WANNABE MOVIE DIRECTOR. BOLL IS JUST A TYPICAL HOLLYWOOD "B MOVIE" HACK..........BUT HE'S PRETTY MUCH ADMITTED THAT HIMSELF IN INTERVIEWS AT LEAST. YOU'LL NEVER HEAR/READ KOJIMA ADMITTING HE'S SCREWED HIS GULLIBLE FANS OUT OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. :down

Even if you hate Kojima and the MGS franchise, there is no denying that Kojima is a lot more talented than Boll, at least when it comes down writing and cinema. Boll is not just a "typical Hollywood B-movie" hack. His films make B-movies look like Oscar material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"