New Gods. Ava DuVernay to direct

Oprah would make an amazing Granny Goodness

I’ve seen this suggestion a lot, and while I think it’d be great, I really don’t see Oprah taking on a role like that. Really doesn’t gel with her brand.

I think Emma Thompson would be a more likely pick, and could bring some fun to the role.

If they cast Oprah it'll make 1B alone in USA

giphy.gif

If they’re going for a black actress for Granny Goodness, then I think my top choice would be Oscar-winner Mo’Nique.

Melissa Leo, Kathy Bates, Jacki Weaver, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryl Streep could all kill it too. There’s no shortage of great actresses to choose from.

As typecast as it is, Streep would probably kill it. Though the outlier in me would want someone you'd never expect.

Melissa Leo was so scary in Prisoners, she’d be amazing.

Glenn Close would be a good choice.

So would Oprah. I agree that it might not be a role she would be drawn to. Unless she would really want to do it for Ava.

I think she's still a part of the MCU. She'll likely be in the third Guardians and a Nova movie if those get off the ground.

Maybe John C. Reilly should play Granny.

I think she's still a part of the MCU. She'll likely be in the third Guardians and a Nova movie if those get off the ground.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. She would be good tho.

I wish Oprah would play against type, which is why I think she would be good for this. But a lot of your suggestions could do it too - such as Bates or Bonham Carter.

EXCLUSIVE: DC’s ‘New Gods’ Villains Revealed

The rumour seems to come out of nowhere. Though it seems pretty obvious these characters will be involved.

I really hope the Furies are in this. Great opportunity for some great action. I like seeing more female villains too. Looking forward to seeing who they cast.

I think they should look at male and female actors for Granny, but they probably won’t.

I expect a lot of diverse casting for this movie so I wouldn't be surprised if any of these roles cast are different to what we imagine.

Ilfenesh Hadera for Big Barda! She has the height, the look and is athletic.
Ilfenesh-Hadera-1024x682.jpeg

Frances Mcdormand for crazy Granny Goodness!
yiay9qzbuzwi-frances-mcdormand.jpg

I expect a lot of diverse casting for this movie so I wouldn't be surprised if any of these roles cast are different to what we imagine.

I’m expecting Gugu to be a Female Fury :wow:

Hmm...you know, now that you say that, I wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m expecting Gugu to be a Female Fury :wow:

Could very well be. There were a lot of names bandied about for "Birds of Prey" and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them ended up here. Warners/casting could've thought those actresses would be more suited for other roles.

I was thinking about that regarding Sofia Boutella.

Y'all crazy, there is only one choice for Granny Goodness and that's Tyler Perry as Madea as Granny Goodness

Holy **** so this is the film that is rumored to go into production this year?? I’m so in. Can’t believe we might actually be getting a New Gods movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"