New Gods. Ava DuVernay to direct

iu

iu
BTW, Blue Devil's concept art in the Swamp Thing series (which lasted for 10 episodes) looks great !

LMG should play Wolverine. He’s got the right look, he’s a great actor and his name is already Logan. Of course, he was already in a Marvel movie, but who cares. It’s not like his character was memorable.

Here's some content.

Eh, Thanos wasn’t interesting because he was super powerful. He was interesting because he was philosophical and showed layers people weren’t expecting. Reviews for Endgame actually criticized Thanos for taking a step backward because he became more of your standard eeevil bad guy.

2021 is going to be a interesting year for comic book movies.

BTW, Blue Devil's concept art in the Swamp Thing series (which lasted for 10 episodes) looks great !

That's Blue Devil? I don't know anything about the character, but I've seen him as a member of the Justice League in YJ. Geez he's scary, I don't know how they could've justified that. No matter how well-intentioned.

Wasn't a fan of Tom Kings Batman, but I enjoyed his run on Mr Miracle. Happy to have involved in this.

That's Blue Devil? I don't know anything about the character, but I've seen him as a member of the Justice League in YJ. Geez he's scary, I don't know how they could've justified that. No matter how well-intentioned.
He probably would've looked closer to this...

I hope they go more hard sci fi with heavy symbolism and philosophical mythemes ala Clarke and Assimov, and less... space opera.

Less Lucas, Spielberg and Abrams and more Kubrick.

I hope they go more hard sci fi with heavy symbolism and philosophical mythemes ala Clarke and Assimov, and less... space opera.

So, you hope that they *don't* make it like the source material?

So, you hope that they *don't* make it like the source material?

Tell that to Grant Morrison.

But I do believe the new gods (or even most time they write gods in comics) are some of the weaker areas in DCs property, at least until 10 years ago aprox.

They are too human, too antropomorhic, too flawed and understandable.

Kirbys Fourth World is full of heavy (and often heavy handed) symbolism, it dealt with philosophy and social issues. That's what made it so powerful.

Kirbys Fourth World is full of heavy (and often heavy handed) symbolism, it dealt with philosophy and social issues. That's what made it so powerful.

Yeap, but after Kirby it turnt campy. The new gods shouldn’t be bigger punching bags to Superman, for example.

i don't see anyone makes that kind of movies anymore other than Denis Villeneuve.

Philosophical symbolism is fine. The New Gods are all about philosophical symbolism.

Hard science fiction is *not*. Also, I seriously question the definition in play if you are applying the term "hard science fiction" to. . . anything done by Grant Morrison, ever. Hard science fiction is not "Not Star Wars", hard science fiction is "The Martian".

Hard science fiction is Clarke and Assimov. I gave the example of founders of that genre in my comment.

Villeneuve would have been the perfect choice for a director to be honest. Too bad he is going to direct Dune.

DuVernay is going on a detour with another DC property.

Is that a sign that WB are no longer committed to making New Gods movie ?
Probably means that New Gods might take longer to start production.

Last edited:
Well poop. Sounds like Ava and Tom took a stab at it and didn't like their first attempt so they're taking a break. (Just my wild guess.)

Hopefully she can do both, Jenkins made I Am The Night but still came back for WW84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"