New Gods. Ava DuVernay to direct

She can produce DMZ and still make New Gods. Having said that, I hope DMZ has a much better conclusion than the source material. Because the way the comics ended was anticlimactic and infuriating. :argh:

I always knew I liked this dude.

Currently this is my most anticipated movie. Cannot wait to see who is cast.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets moved to HBO Max or shelved altogether, but I’m really hyped too. Hope it happens

In order to remember how to write comics, he'd have to have learned how to write them in the first place. And judging by Heroes in Crisis, he's among the worst in the business. God help Warner/DC if this piece of garbage is the best they can find to write their films.

So of this thing ever gets made, I found my choice for Big Barda:

ella-10.jpg

Helen Mirren as Granny Goodness... I never would have thought of Granny Goodness as sexy, but bad place, why not?

Granny Goodness-Margot Martindale

Margo-Martindale-in-Scalene1.jpg

Big Barda-Alexandra Daddario

hW_ZFLHm_400x400.jpg

Scott Free aka Mr Miracle-Rami Malek

gettyimages-1178464534.jpg

Highfather[-Jeff Bridges

bridges1a.jpg

Darkseid-Andre Brauer

94f4f8e7889b5cfe35469a18cf4c5580.jpg

Orion-Omari Hardwick

Omari2-640x405.jpg

to be continued...

Monica Belluci's old enough for a role for this right?

They better do it. Those other ladies are fine, Helen Mirren is wonderful, yadda yadda yadda... this is all Bates. This is taking three decades of the audience’s considerable fear of Annie Wilkes and bringing that to another level. She is the only choice.

I’m up for debate on the other characters, but not Granny.

Wait for the articles. "Does this AFI Awards Photo Confirm Ava DuVernay Has Cast Kathy Bates as Granny Goodness In DC's New Gods?"

*Click*

"No, it does not."

Not to kick a (fairly volatile) hornet’s nest, but it really tickles me to see the Snyder’s Cut cultists in that tweet’s replies saying that they want Ava to cast Ray Porter as Darkseid.

If ANY other production were to cast an actor who was that unknown in the role of (arguably) DC’s ultimate villain? Those fans would be shredding everyone involved and writing the movie off, sight unseen. But because Snyder cast this guy in a version of that movie that they’ve never even seen? Oh, well, then he’s the ONLY choice and how dare you mess with that perfection.

Literal madness.

Not to kick a (fairly volatile) hornet’s nest, but it really tickles me to see the Snyder’s Cut cultists in that tweet’s replies saying that they want Ava to cast Ray Porter as Darkseid.

If ANY other production were to cast an actor who was that unknown in the role of (arguably) DC’s ultimate villain? Those fans would be shredding everyone involved and writing the movie off, sight unseen. But because Snyder cast this guy in a version of that movie that they’ve never even seen? Oh, well, then he’s the ONLY choice and how dare you mess with that perfection.

Literal madness.
I got into it with some of them a few months back regarding this very subject. There's no point in engaging them. They went off and joined the circus.

God, that is downright fanatical. Like, I can understand the people who want to see Affleck's Batman or Cavill's Superman again. Even if you weren't fans of either of their portrayals, at least you have a decent sample size of what those actors brought to the table as those characters. But some virtual unknown who did mo-cap for Darkseid in a version of a movie that none of these people have seen? They really are a cult.

Also, totally unrelated, but Ana DuVernay is smokin' hot.

And now Ray Porter is stoking the fire.

Marvel gets an Academy Award nominated actor to play Thanos, and these people want Ray forking Porter for Darkseid just because Zack Snyder cast him in a cut of Justice League that never got released. I am DONE. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"