New Gods. Ava DuVernay to direct

I would have thought this is exactly the kind of film they would have wanted after ZSJL and how good that History Lesson was.

I am confused. They don't want to make this New Gods movie because Snyder had Darkseid and New Gods characters in his cut of JL... and yet they don't want to make any sequels to Snyder's JL either.

Either way, what an L. Marvel has the balls to make Eternals and take a chance on it and cast big name actors like Angelina Jolie for it. Yet WB doesn't want to spend money on a New Gods movie?

WB just sucks lol. Anything and everything needs Batman in it to get a project behind a camera for them. I'm amazed things like Aquaman and Wonder Woman even finally got made at all with them.

They're concerned about having Darkseid in the Snyder cut and then possibly a different version in this. Dummies are gonna have Robert Pattinson Batman out the same year as a movie with Michael Keaton Batman and Ben Affleck Batman in it. They just had Joaquin Phoenix Joker come out only a few years after Leto Joker. Their arguments hold no water cause they'll milk anything that is Batman but have no faith in anything that isn't.

I am confused. They don't want to make this New Gods movie because Snyder had Darkseid and New Gods characters in his cut of JL... and yet they don't want to make any sequels to Snyder's JL either.

Either way, what an L. Marvel has the balls to make Eternals and take a chance on it and cast big name actors like Angelina Jolie for it. Yet WB doesn't want to spend money on a New Gods movie?
We got 3 different actors playing Batman. It's a cop out. Deadline saying the story was too grandiose for 1 movie is likely the reason for it's cancellation

Make it an HBO Max series. If Peacemaker can get one then so can New Gods

Make it an HBO Max series. If Peacemaker can get one then so can New Gods
Yea I don't get it

If Ava wrote material for more than 1 movie why not take advantage and turn it into a full blown series instead? smh

Not shocked, but disappointed.

I actually wanted to see what they could do because what I saw in ZSJL did nothing for me.

James Gunn is given The Suicide Squad and rewarded with his own spin off for Peacemaker.

James Wann takes a character like Aquaman, makes it to the coveted $billion box office, has his spin off canceled.

Yes this makes sense.

Honestly had low expectations for New Gods anyway so this doesn’t surprise me

Honestly had low expectations for New Gods anyway so this doesn’t surprise me
I Agree. This is disappointing, but, not unexpected.
The speed of this production was moving like a turtle stuck in molasses.

Yea I don't get it

If Ava wrote material for more than 1 movie why not take advantage and turn it into a full blown series instead? smh
Because a Peacemaker series, which has its primary focus, a single character, is lot less expensive than a series about a highly populated advanced world with Superhuman beings, aka A LARGE VISUAL FX BUDGET!

Sucks, I really feel bad because Ava was seriously doing her homework for this.

I actually wanted that trench movie. I think it could have done great. There's a good horror story in there.

Strangely enough I think Snyder could make an interesting New Gods film after watching his "still not good but better than Whedon's" JL flick. Once I master time travel I will go back and convince him to do that instead of Man of Steel and Crapfest: Martha.
Granny Goodness no! I was hoping for a more Kirby-inspired take with larger than life characters like Kanto, Virmin Vunderbaar, and the Forever People, and not a grim and gritty depression-fest.

Shame on WB for New Gods. This could have been incredible. Marvel is able to get Thanos and Eternals all on screen but we get Darkseid on HBO max. Why does WB keep screwing their properties? WB should lose all rights to DC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"