The Dark Knight New info on bank shooting joker's thugs!

lol. i am serious. if it's only a bit of neck that needs to be white and a bit of green hair...its hardly major cgi.

using cgi for 5 seconds

or

show the whole world what the joker looks like over a year before the release of the film.

don't tell me nolan still wouldn't use cgi lol. cgi was used in begins, not much, but it is there.

^^

but for hair and a bit of skin? don't be ridiculous.. make up is cheaper and more pratical.

From the sides it seems Joker is doing the robbery incognito. Even his goons don't know he is one of them. More likely than CGI is that Joker is hiding his identity and bright green hair and a white neck would certainly ruin the effect. Just because of the sides (which seem to fit into the filming rather well so far) I’m going with Joker in non-joker makeup.

i agree. but like i said.

reveal the joker to the whole world, 3 days into filming?

or use 5 seconds of cgi?

in the end all the shots will probably be from angles where the fact he's wearing no makeup isn't noticeable.

but still...if you asked nolan would he rather reveal the joker or use cgi, i think i know how he would answer.

he doesn't dislike it..he just doesn't like to use it when he doesn't have to.

[On using CGI in Batman Begins] "I think there's a vague sense out there that movies are becoming more and more unreal, I know I've felt it. The demand we put on ourselves was to be as spectacular as possible, but not depend on computer graphics to do it."

The Limited Use of CGI in “Batman Begins": While Nolan tried to keep everything in camera, a few scenes weren’t possible to do without a little help from CGI. At one point in the movie, Bale’s surrounded by thousands of bats. Nolan acknowledges he had to use CGI in that scene. “Yeah, well absolutely but we did shoot real bats as well. I mean what I’ve been saying is we shot - for everything that appears as a visual effect in this film we shot material to base it on, whether in the form of a stunt or photographing buildings and what have you or miniature photography. In the case of the bats we shot a lot of tests with real bats and some of that footage is in the film where you see close-ups of bats. They’re real, but then to multiply them out to thousands upon thousands that was CG, yeah.”

He tries his best not to use it. That was part of why Begins was so expensive, because he wanted to do everything the real, old-school way. Either way, he's certainly not going to use if in this scenario.

EDIT: That and we've already seen Heath in full Joker makeup. With green hair.

Really? What was the source for that leak, or would he or she prefer to remain annonymous?

EDIT: That and we've already seen Heath in full Joker makeup. With green hair.

I dont think he had the face paint on in that scene. at least I hope he didn't, because it wasn't very pale. But the hair was definatley green, as was the stunt driver's.

Here's a though. He goes in with a wig and a mask. When he unmasks to the bank manager, he takes both wig and mask off, but only puts the mask back on. So now he leaves, his face remains covered, but his green hair is exposed.

Therefore, Heath will need both make-up and green hair for indoor shots (which is easy to hide from us), but only need green hair for the escape sequence, which explains the stunt driver's hair.

The "wig" idea does partly explain why Heath's hair is so long. Hmmm.

its a flashback sequence. duh.

I find it funny that a flashback and presumably origin sequence would feature him on the set in full Joker apparel. Sort of like filiming young Bruce Wayne seeing his parents gunned down and having him nonchalantly dressed like Batman with no explanation.

I'm not certain which scene you're talking about, Katsuro. I'm talking about the original blurry pic that sent the internet all a-flutter.

I find that we come to two options once we agree that they're not going to use the same set twice and have a pre-Joker character rob it and then have the Joker, now fully manifested, return in costume:

1. He uses makeup, a possibility I'm warming up to.

or

2. Nolan is going to shoot the scenes before this creatively so we don't see much of him when he's out on the street, thus keeping the real appearance of the Joker out of the sight of the general public.

The scenes in which they reveal the Joker may be all indoors.

lol. i am serious. if it's only a bit of neck that needs to be white and a bit of green hair...its hardly major cgi.

using cgi for 5 seconds

or

show the whole world what the joker looks like over a year before the release of the film.

don't tell me nolan still wouldn't use cgi lol. cgi was used in begins, not much, but it is there.
(screaming very loud)

but if it is only white skin and green hair than whats so special about hes look to hide him for 3 or 4 months??????????????????????????????????????:wow:

I'm not certain which scene you're talking about, Katsuro. I'm talking about the original blurry pic that sent the internet all a-flutter.

Same here. I saw the green hair, but it didn't look like he had face paint on. Sure, he was a tad bit pale, but not as pale as I'd like the Joker to be. So i'm merely hoping that he has yet to put on the make-up, most likely due to not requiring it in that scene (because he's wearing the mask).

On the other hand, he could just be on his way to put the make-up on. for all we know that trailer he's standing by is the make-up trailer, and he's about to step inside and be Joker-ized.

No it's not. D'uh.

Let's not be impatient with *ahem* Robzass. Anyone who speaks with such authority on matters so resilient to the aviricious eye that they elicit little other than erronous conjecture from the rest of us must clearly have his ear to the ground, or perchance he is an initiate even of Nolan's cellucloid temple and an accolyte of his circle. I council that we address him with respect and trepidation, lest he deprive us of further insights.

Let's not be impatient with *ahem* Robzass. Anyone who speaks with such authority on matters so resilient to the aviricious eye that they elicit little other than erronous conjecture from the rest of us must clearly have his ear to the ground, or perchance he is an initiate even of Nolan's cellucloid temple and an accolyte of his circle. I council that we address him with respect and trepidation, lest he deprive us of further insights.

Oh, you are quite right. TRUFAX should always be treated with deference, I say.

I now understand the error of my ways.

Heath ledger naturally has pale skin anyway..in bright sunlight you can bet he looks very very pale.

He already calls himself the joker, he also wears a mask because of that name, who is to say he does not dye his hair green just for that reason.. i think he becomes what he pretends to be.. as somebody has already mentioned..its more than likely all the stuff with him as the "real joker" will be shot on a sound stage.
I'm sorry, but I share the same complexion with Ledger. I burn easily i'm so pale. And even on the sunniest day I am not THAT white, nuh uh. It's even more clear judging by the lady next to him that something is up with his skin. Hell, the pic that they zoomed in so much that it becomes very bad, you obviously see that it is white even more.

I feel like I just got my ass whipped by Roget's Thesaurus. Or is William F. Buckley a member of these forums?

:p

Here is my personal theory on the robbery as far as how everything goes down. If you watch closely in the videos of the storming of the bank only three men get out of the car(including the driver) and rush into the bank. The forth member I believe is going to crash the bus through an entrance on the other side of the bank(which I believe is going to be filmed in the hangers) Then the men on the zipline will go across to the bank and cut the power/alarm from the roof. The robbery commences and certain other things through the course of it. Then the bus is loaded and crashes through the other entrance and out onto the street. I think that is how the general robbery itself will go down. We have mostly all read the sides so we will see how the actual actions of the robbers play out and Heaths actions as well. Probably just ramblings but atleast I got them out.

Here is my personal theory on the robbery as far as how everything goes down. If you watch closely in the videos of the storming of the bank only three men get out of the car(including the driver) and rush into the bank. The forth member I believe is going to crash the bus through an entrance on the other side of the bank(which I believe is going to be filmed in the hangers) Then the men on the zipline will go across to the bank and cut the power/alarm from the roof. The robbery commences and certain other things through the course of it. Then the bus is loaded and crashes through the other entrance and out onto the street. I think that is how the general robbery itself will go down. We have mostly all read the sides so we will see how the actual actions of the robbers play out and Heaths actions as well. Probably just ramblings but atleast I got them out.

Hmm. So you think they drive the bus into the bank through one wall, then back out through the wall on the others side? Might make sense. It'd explain why the bus is facing outward on the fake wall they set up, as well as why they had a bus completely inside the bank as well.

Hmm. So you think they drive the bus into the bank through one wall, then back out through the wall on the others side? Might make sense. It'd explain why the bus is facing outward on the fake wall they set up, as well as why they had a bus completely inside the bank as well.
I don't recall the front of the bus being at all damaged or anything though.

The bus is also completely inside the bank at one point as well. I just think the bus will enter through on set of revolving doors and go out another. It wouldn't actually be busting through a marble wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"