New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought TMNT was true to the characters. Its just that the plot was very weak.

michael_bay__s_ninja_turtles__by_scootah91-d4tmvui.jpg

LOL at the "Cowabunga!!! ... B*tch.".

And the Megan Fox "I'm a Scientist" has me dying. Looks like someone created that pretty fast.

I was born in 1984 and was a Turtles fanatic. I watched bits and peices of the film when I was a child, maybe I watched the whole film who knows? As a kid I remember not caring for what I saw and that's why I never watched any of the films all the way through. My favorite films at that time were Robocop and Terminator 2.

A few years ago I forced myself to watch and came away shrugging my shoulders. I don't think it has held up well at all to be honest. Nothing wrong with you loving it though.

Exactly how I feel about TMNT 1990. The animated movie had me far more engaged and it didn't even have Shredder.

How I wish this new movie was picked up by a quality directer like a Fincher, someone who has you scratching your head as to why they are taking on a 'kiddy' subject matter and then they turn in a masterpiece. Instead this movie is being produced by the biggest hacks in Hollywood (Other than the Scary Movie people). The Transformer movies are so bad they are offensive and the less said about Wrath of the Titans the better. This movie is going to be a toilet humour, CG filled, plotless suckfest.

He's kinda right, it's not a great film. I think many of us, including myself, simply put it on a higher pedestal for nostalgic reasons. I can still enjoy it but I enjoy it from the perspective that it's a fond memory. Objectively it's a very ordinary film that doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious movie or a cartoon.

He's kinda right, it's not a great film. I think many of us, including myself, simply put it on a higher pedestal for nostalgic reasons. I can still enjoy it but I enjoy it from the perspective that it's a fond memory. Objectively it's a very ordinary film that doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious movie or a cartoon.

This

Well, yeah. And those are based on the first TMNT comic cover. I never really enjoyed the art direction of the TMNT movie. But I like that picture. Never seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I know that. Just posting it to show that it's been officially done in CG before.

Also the new toon does it in their opening...

[YT]7b7pDZ0RHlE[/YT]

The film has been pushed back three weeks...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175261-ninja-turtles-moves-to-june-6-2014

Ninja Turtles Moves to June 6, 2014

by Silas Lesnick
February 27, 2013

tmnt-reboot.jpg

Paramount Pictures has moved the release of their upcoming reboot Ninja Turtles. Originally slated for release on May 16, 2014, the Jonathan Liebesman-directed project will now arrive three weeks later on June 6.

The film, rumored to begin production this April, recently cast Megan Fox in a role that, although still not officially confirmed, is believed to be that of April O'Neil.

Ninja Turtles features a screenplay by Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and John Fusco, based on the characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman.

The new date puts Ninja Turtles in a currently free weekend, one week after Disney•Pixar's The Good Dinosaurand one week before Universal's Jurassic Park IV.

It should be pushed back 3 years, till we get the people right for the job.

Exactly how I feel about TMNT 1990. The animated movie had me far more engaged and it didn't even have Shredder.

How I wish this new movie was picked up by a quality directer like a Fincher, someone who has you scratching your head as to why they are taking on a 'kiddy' subject matter and then they turn in a masterpiece. Instead this movie is being produced by the biggest hacks in Hollywood (Other than the Scary Movie people). The Transformer movies are so bad they are offensive and the less said about Wrath of the Titans the better. This movie is going to be a toilet humour, CG filled, plotless suckfest.
I think that Bay is fine when dealing with R rated fare like Bad Boys or The Rock but he is terrible at doing so called edgy family movies like Transformers. And the director of this thing is just a full blown hack. So you are right.

Prepare for the scene of Michelangelo humping April O' Neil.

if they start filming in april when do you think they will show the turtles? you think they will hide and tease them in the first teaser trailer and in promo pics like the transformers? in the theatrical trailer in march 2014 they will show them. but i wonder if they will in 2013? they are already working on the CGI.

i am in a way hyped about the look. its a bay produced movie and the studio hopes for TF money .so they will look offensive,stupid and as cliche as they can be.

Wait, Megan Fox is April? Geez they're not even attempting to make this look like it could be good.

Last edited:
Alot of you are forgetting that in the new toon the Kraang brought the mutagen with them from space, so the Turtles ARE from alien origin. Not the turtles themselves but the mutagen

Alot of you are forgetting that in the new toon the Kraang brought the mutagen with them from space, so the Turtles ARE from alien origin. Not the turtles themselves but the mutagen

I think Bay meant for the turtles themselves to be of an alien origin, not just the mutagen. Everybody knows that the mutagen was from aliens, be it the utroms or Krang himself. But the earlier press releases for Bays turtles seemed to put emphasis on the turtles being an alien species rather than genetic freaks of nature/ mutations.

I don't care if the ooze is of alien origin, or some sort of of genetic primer, radioactive waste, or dog snot - it has to be the genesis of the turtles form. It has to come from ooze. The talk of they're being part of an alien race is crap.

I don't care if they incorporate aliens and all the other more fantastical scifi elements that made their way into the cartoons and comics. I never liked any of that stuff, but it worked surprisingly well for the MCU.

Jonathan Liebesman, Bay and Fox....how can this be bad?

I'm a little late to the party...

Megan Fox has been cast as "the lead" in this movie? Dear. God. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"