New Lord of the Rings movies in the works

Not excusing him entirely (there were plenty of creative problems with the Hobbit films), but Jackson was handed a pretty ****ty situation. Guillermo Del Toro left the project deep into pre-production, and Jackson felt he needed to step in just to save the project from getting shelved indefinitely. Then right before production was set to begin, he got a stomach ulcer that sidelined him for a bit.

He's mentioned before that he, Walsh and Boyens had much more time to plan out the Rings trilogy before production started on those films. They weren't afforded similar time for The Hobbit, and Jackson (by his own admission) ended up having to wing it. I do think that turning the Hobbit into a trilogy was in large part a stalling tactic to buy himself more time while placating the studio.

I would suspect that any efforts to bring Jackson and Co. back to the table would mean negotiating more on their terms. And I'd wager an arrangement closer to the one they had with Rings is the ticket.
If he could get the time he and his team need to be comfortable with it and plan it all out effectively, there could be at least a chance of a return to that old quality. Would be well worth it for those funding it to wait with how popular that would be - could launch a universe in the way they want.

How a saga about a Ring can get so big is still interesting to see. I dont know why they make movies yet a again full of cgi stuff that looks dated a few years later.

Making sequels and spin offs over and over is something you dont need to do all the time.

Its like making Godfather sequels, spin offs and series again and again.

I personally don't want Peter Jackson anywhere near anything related to Tolkien's work. I found his "creative" additions to subtract from the overall story. AND, not everything has to be a goddamn trilogy. Jesus, Tolkien wrote 1 trilogy (which he meant to be one book) and everybody goes freaking crazy.

I personally don't want Peter Jackson anywhere near anything related to Tolkien's work. I found his "creative" additions to subtract from the overall story. AND, not everything has to be a goddamn trilogy. Jesus, Tolkien wrote 1 trilogy (which he meant to be one book) and everybody goes freaking crazy.
Yeah its crazy, The Hobbit is just a small book and they make a whole trilogy out of it.

After Rings of Power, Peter Jackson is the least of your problems lol

Oh.....for sure it's worse than LotR. The Hobbit gives is some competition, but at least it started out pretty good (before it fell off a cliff). I would say the ending rivaled RoP as just made up garbage. I know others liked it and that's cool, but I could barely finish it and sort of felt like I did when TASM2 was over.

Even in LotR, Jackson kept inserting things that really added nothing and detracted from the story IMO. I just wish we could get a faithful retelling of the events in The Silmarillion......warrior Galadriel would even fit in part of that. I just don't trust any of those who have been involved in any of Tolkien's productions to do it.

Jackson is an empty shell of the filmmaker who made the LOTR trilogy. As King Kong, The Hobbit films, and basically everything he has done since have shown, he has completely lost the storytelling ability and craftsmanship that made the LOTR films, especially FOTR and TTT work.

I would even argue that much of his abilities has already atrophied by ROTK due to exhaustion and burn out. While it still has many strengths, it is vastly weaker than the previous entries.

Jackson is an empty shell of the filmmaker who made the LOTR trilogy. As King Kong, The Hobbit films, and basically everything he has done since have shown, he has completely lost the storytelling ability and craftsmanship that made the LOTR films, especially FOTR and TTT work.

I would even argue that much of his abilities has already atrophied by ROTK due to exhaustion and burn out. While it still has many strengths, it is vastly weaker than the previous entries.
I agree the FotR was well done, but he still made some horrible decisions that detracted from what the movie could have been......oh S***, I have to go now. We're getting ready to land at Masterton Airport. Anyone know PJs address? I'd hate for my plane ticket to go to waste.

There's got to be a way to get the Estate to play ball with The Silmarillion. It would be next to impossible to adapt the full book properly in the film medium, but there are three key events that could easily work as standalone stories: The Quest for the Silmaril, The Children of Húrin, and the Fall of Gondolin. So you in effect get a "trilogy" of sorts.

It sounds like the Second Age is basically off limits since Amazon is too busy wrecking whatever potential that had.

Other than the Angmar War in the Third Age, I'm really not sure what else there is to adapt that's actually worth a damn. Maybe the Battle of Dale? I dunno. I'll say this much, hard pass on stupid **** like Young Aragorn or Fellowship Origins: Gandalf.

I'll say this much, hard pass on stupid **** like Young Aragorn or Fellowship Origins: Gandalf.

Gandalf when he discovers the powers of his staff in Elrond's bathroom:

x-men-wolverine.gif

Gollum movie since the video game was so well received by everyone! :funny::o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"