New Mutants & Gifted in terms of continuity - interesting thoughts

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by Supperhero, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

Well,

I'm planning to update my site, "X-CONTINUITY".

Fact is, I still think Logan is an alternate universe for the following reasons:

1- Transigen-Alkali doesn't exist in the new timeline, as well as the old one(s).
    2- In 2023, you can see several mutant children at the school; children surely born after 2004.
    3- Logan's adamantium bullet doesn't come from his experience in "X-Men Origins" (1979) or even "Apocalypse" (1983).
    4- Logan never slaughtered scientists in "Apocalypse" (1983).
    5- Laura's X-Men comic books are way too far from what we've seen in the three mainstream timelines.
    6- 6 years (2023-2029) are way too few to justify all changes present in Logan.

Said that, we know The New Mutants is set in 2018 or so.

What about The Gifted? I also think it's a different universe, because a major mutant "incident" happened in the 1950s, and mutants are supposed to be common knowledge since the fifties.

What do you think about it?

2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Honestly, I think basically every show or movie that isn't *explicitly* a sequel to another one? Is its own timeline, either by deliberate choice or indifference.

3. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

This topic again?

4. Frankeh Registered

Why are you putting so much thought into this when the creators aren't?

5. Drexelhand Registered

He finds it fun?

6. marvelrobbins Registered

here is thing though xmcu is ending soon.

fact some think deadpool and other spinoffs new mutants,gambit,x-force will be retconned as part of mcu. so ignoring deadpool and other spin-off films you have 4 timelines

1-Oirgins,first class,X 1-3,the wolverine,DOFP

2-First Class,DOFP,Apocalypse,Dark Phoenix-including rumored second part,Logan

3-Legion

4-The Gifted

7. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

My thoughts eXactly.

8. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

Because it's fun. As said above.

9. SumT Registered

with each new movie or show, 'timeline' explained :funny:

Why some fans still have a hard time accepting that Fox and producers just dont give a damm about continuity? Its like denying reality over and over lol.

10. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

No denying at all.
    ANYWAY, I fixed it. My continuity scenario works very fine. And I had fun with it.

11. x-er Registered

I appreciated this explanation, actually. Most of what Fox has currently been doing with the XMen is nonsense. They should have released a plan for their universe for fans to look forward to, and sometimes I really wonder if they've got something planned at all.

I know they had plans for an X5: Apocalypse with the original cast years back and it seemed like a logical step forward after Days of Future Past, but Jennifer Lawrence and Fox's greed completely ruined that, so instead they turned that treatment into an XMen ft. Jennifer Lawrence as Jennifer Lawrence, with occasional appearances as Mystique. And I wouldn't be surprised if Singer quit at that point and that's why he's nowhere to be seen...

Ok, but what else was planned? What's the current plan for X-Men??? Where's the common thread between Xmen films stuck in the past and films for Kitty Pryde, Multiple Man, Deadpool/X-force, New Mutants, series like the Gifted (where we see Polaris and the Stepford Cuckoos), Legion...???

And for the record, if Jennifer Lawrence doesn't like XMen, then why is she appearing a fourth time?? These aren't films for her to be in. I'd like an XMen film I can enjoy to effin' watch because it was made to please XMen fans by people who get their roles, not because Jennifer Lawrence sells like hot cakes. And she can't even tie in to Rebecca Romijn's Mystique, whereas other costars tried to deliver something consistent with the original cast's work. I'm sorry but, how many oscars again?

#11 x-er, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Supperhero likes this.
  12. Drexelhand Registered

I think the only indication that X5 would've starred the original cast was that Fan Binbing had like a three movie contract.

13. GuestStar2004 Registered

I like how you bring up Jennifer's Lawrence like her alone was the deciding factor for that and evrything. Which just sounds misguided and abit silly.

It's like sayin after X3 one of the fox executives has a dream one night about the prophesied one Jennifer Lawrence and after that day they knew they had to take the series into several different routes away from an X4 in order to find her!.

As for Singer... He likely was totally onboard with everything that happened.

When it comes to an X5 though let's be honest you are jumping the gun just abit.

#13 GuestStar2004, Apr 13, 2018
  14. GuestStar2004 Registered

We can probably assume that is normal dealings though.

Marvel get most of their actors on contracts even though they may only appear once.

#14 GuestStar2004, Apr 13, 2018