New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by Thread Manager, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]536101[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]531059[/split]

3. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

What?

More like Kendall Genner, or liitle like Laura Harring.

4. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Active Member

I guess this is probably another Suicide Squad...

A movie gets made. A trailer gets cut. People like the trailer, but producers know the movie is nothing like the trailer. So, just reshoot the hell of it.

A movie doesn't need to get delayed by almost 1 year and half, to be a mess. I mean, Fantastic Four 2015 wasn't delayed and the movie was horrible. So, if New Mutants is already a bad movie, we can only hope the reshoots will help it.

5. Drexelhand

Drexelhand Well-Known Member

Fantastic Four was also murdered by a desire to stick to that release date. With New Mutants they actually gave it enough delays so that reshoots wont murder the film. I mean, reshooting 50% of the film means the only things they're keeping from the original is what will mesh I'm assuming. With Fant4stic they gutted out an entire second act.

6. Superhero 101

Wow sucks hearing how Jon Hamm could have played mr sinister he would have nailed it interested to see who Antonio Banderas will be playing

7. Frankeh

Frankeh Well-Known Member

Laura Harring? No way.

psylockolussus likes this.
  8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe the test scores were that high and they are now reshooting over half the film.

If the film is that good, it would not require that extensive of reshoots and put off the film for this long of a time.

9. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Of course the film got mixed response from the test screenings. Lmao. Foxhad a lot of stinkers in the past and didn't get delay for more than a year... And this one got same test scores as Deadpool and they are delaying it? Geez Louise.

10. Comicbookguy339

Comicbookguy339 Well-Known Member

If FOX is really doing this just because IT made a bunch of money then they're complete morons. Could you be any more reactionary?

11. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I dunno. I could imagine the whim of some execs seeing some people reacting to a trailer that is nothing like what they are making and seeing the success of IT and thinking they can chase that money. It's not like Hollywood isn't full of horror stories about execs changing the direction of a film on a whim.

12. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Id have thought that would require less reshooting to pull off.

13. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Maybe that's partly to do with adding new characters? I wonder if adding characters has to do with setting up an overarching plot point to the Foxverse as a whole sooner so they can get it out just before a MCU reboot.

14. Anonymous1213

Anonymous1213 Well-Known Member

I would believe this but they say that the movie tested well. So yea not sure which studio would want to spend millions and millions of extra dollars and push the release date of their movie a whole year and a half just to copy a movie if their movie supposedly is good the way it is.

That doesn't make any sense and that's the part that people aren't believing.

And if I am not mistaken, IT 2 comes out in September of 2019 so like when they market New Mutants and it looks similar to IT 2, people might react by calling it a knock off instead of reacting positively to it.

15. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

The might call it a knock off, but studios try and chase trends all the time. The point is, even though it "tested well", they may see more money in chasing IT than possibly a decent run of the mill X-men spin off. As for how well it tested. I'm not hearing anything that says it was spectacular. It's pretty vague and gives the impression of people enjoyed it, but weren't raving about it. That and a reshoot of possibly more than half the movie concerns me a bit.

16. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

New Mutants and Dark Phoenix are delayed and yet Fox is releasing this movie this year. A movie that features super powered young adults...
    [YT]tN8o_E_f9FQ[/YT]

And it looks better and much more eXpensive than the new Mutants.

17. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

When it comes to Hamm's Sinister I have a hard time Fox would have had him looking like this.

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

So far the Foxverse has had a bad track record when it comes to the comics and Dark Phoenix doesn't look to be much of an improvement in that regard. Not to mention that New Mutants has been said to be lacking costumes entirely. I have trouble picturing their Sinister as anything more than a guy in a suit or lab coat and maybe a red diamond in his forehead if we're lucky.

18. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

There must be more to it then just FOX trying to chase another films success since it just means them putting more money out of their pocket into the movie and delaying it twice just to do it.

19. Orba

Orba Well-Known Member

I'm find the Jon Hamm rumour very dubious. Hamm has been offered roles in the MCU and DCU but turned them down. From what he has said in the past he doesn't want to get stuck into multifilm deals yet we are supposed to believe he was going to have a part in New Mutants that no doubt would have led to something bigger in Josh Boone's trilogy?

20. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Depends if his appearance was just a teaser for another film and his role in that would largely be a one and done.

21. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Hollywood releases misleading trailers for films literally all the dang time. Look at the first trailer for Iron Man 3.

[YT]YNmu6lVeMBA[/YT]

22. Anonymous1213

Anonymous1213 Well-Known Member

The report said it tested as well as the first Deadpool so no I'm not buying their film testing as well as Deadpool and then them wanting to change it for the sake of another film. But let's say that's what happen and yea sure they might make more money if they release it like IT but think about how much extra money they're spending to get it there when supposedly their film was good.

23. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Sure. It doesn't mean films like Suicide Squad don't happen either.

Can't say I read that it tested that well. If it had then the reshoots definitely wouldn't be happening. Not like this.

24. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Something doesn't quite add up.

25. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Yeah guys, I don’t buy it either. Eventually we will know though.