New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In there defense if I were a casual fan I've probably seen countless YouTube matchups with Hulk V Sups and Flash V Quicksilver etc.. so wondering what the division is or being oblivious to it are to be expected. Let's not forget comics have done DC/Marvel crossovers aswell. So it does make sense to have some confusion about the logistics of rights to properties.

I always like watching trailers for movies in theaters to try and get a sense of what the general audience thinks. This one had an interesting buzz. They didn't hate it, but there was definitely a lot of confusion over whether this was a Marvel movie (I don't think most people really understand the difference between Marvel and Fox, to be honest). But I also got the impression that they were intrigued by how different it was.

I think, if Fox were smart, they'd make the next trailer a little more comic booky if possible.

Which they should have done in the teaser. New Mutants + horror. Not just teenagers in another horror flick. That's why for me, the teaser isn't a success.

I think the "is this a Marvel film" thing can be an advantage for them. It certainly got people talking.

Would that be enough for them to see it? remember the Marvel logo didn't help the Fantastic Four in 2015. And they don't seem to have effect on broadcast Marvel shows.

The marketing for this movie is interesting.

the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure the youth are sick and there is no cure

If there were more of a hint that these were mutants it would feel different. If it's teenagers in common horror situations, well that doesn't feel new.

Its Boone's tribute to his favorite horror films. Never mind that he was hired to direct a New Mutants movie!

The marketing for this movie is interesting.
I love it. Great way to take advantage of the new Twitter character limits and adds to The Shining vibe of the film. I'm loving seeing the horror influences too. Hope we get more teases akin to this before we see the more traditional stuff that we know is coming.

I love it. Great way to take advantage of the new Twitter character limits and adds to The Shining vibe of the film. I'm loving seeing the horror influences too. Hope we get more teases akin to this before we see the more traditional stuff that we know is coming.

I love this :oldrazz:

I hadn't noticed the third gif. It looks like sunlight coming into a room, so, I'd guess it's the guy who gets his powers from the sun?

Sunspot does get powered by the sun, although I can't find the gif you're referring to.

It's actually Illyana's room from the trailer. She seems to have burn marks on the walls, as we can see in the trailer and the viral tease.

I want to know if we'll get a better trailer which features the New Mutants actually using their powers beyond Sunspot's hand catching fire.

That was supposed to be Sunspot in the washing machine?
This movie might be loopier than I figured.

I don’t even think that’s Sunspot. Seems like a nightmare vision of the coal mines from Sam.

That was supposed to be Sunspot in the washing machine?
This movie might be loopier than I figured.

I don't think that was Sunspot and that's not how I hope Sunspot's powers work.

Sunspot's powers only work when inside a washer. Boone promised turn our perceptions on their ear.

If there were more of a hint that these were mutants it would feel different. If it's teenagers in common horror situations, well that doesn't feel new.

I dunno, I guess I like enough bad, scary hospital movies I'd watch this even if they weren't mutants in it. :p

I dunno, I guess I like enough bad, scary hospital movies I'd watch this even if they weren't mutants in it. :p

I'd still watch it too lol but it wouldn't get those bonus CBM/sci-fi/fantasy geek points that make me care about something beyond it being just a regular horror type film.

We are already missing out the matching iconic New Mutants costumes.

I would hope we get something like those down the line at some point. Otherwise something will feel a bit missing for me.

I'd still watch it too lol but it wouldn't get those bonus CBM/sci-fi/fantasy geek points that make me care about something beyond it being just a regular horror type film.

True. :) Mutants make everything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"