BvS New Positivity Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
**THIS MESSAGE WAS SLIGHTLY EDITED....BUT THE MAIN MESSAGE IS STILL....IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE MOVIE, STAY OUT OF HERE...IF YOU DID LIKE THE MOVIE, TALK ABOUT IT BUT DO NOT INSULT THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T**

Hello,

The last positivity thread was closed because it descended into little more than a sanctuary to bad mouth people who disagree with you. That is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is to discuss what you liked about the movie. If I see so much as the words "hater" or "Marvel" thrown around in here, you will be infracted and put on probation. This is your warning. Heed it.

Conversely, this is not a place to come and stir up trouble. If I see people coming in here simply to pick fights, you too will be banned.

This thread exists for one reason: confirmation bias. If you like the movie, come in here and everyone will tell you that they did to. Don't turn this into a place to bad mouth those who don't like the movie. If you don't like it. Stay out.

P.S. Skepticism thread is not being re-opened. Skepticism by its very nature involves being skeptical of something that is unseen or unproven. You've seen the movie. You have the full site to express your dislike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sir!

So I had a thought. Since it's establish there are a lot of religious allegory in the DCEU involving Supeman so far, do you guys think it was intentional that this trilogy featuring Superman was meant for him to die in the second movie, so he he can resurrected in the third? You know, in line with the whole Jesus being risen on the third day and all.

Thank you sir!

So I had a thought. Since it's establish there are a lot of religious allegory in the DCEU involving Supeman so far, do you guys think it was intentional that this trilogy featuring Superman was meant for him to die in the second movie, so he he can resurrected in the third? You know, in line with the whole Jesus being risen on the third day and all.

Was about to post this before until the last one was closed, luckily I save it.

original.gif

424 mil. already. No more sad Affleck. Well-deserved. DCEU LIVES!

This news made me so happy! Before the estimate was at $285m this morning, when I woke up. Must have updated it I guess.

I'll take Dawn of Justice over most other superhero films. There, I said it.

Very much agreed Marz !

And +1 Silliminite :)

Add me as well boys.

Overall, this film makes me so happy. Thinking about it, talking about it, listening to the score. One thing I really loved was the ending. Superman sacrificing himself, which is odd given what today is. But from the very beginning I found it odd that Bruce constructed a kryptonite spear. And I don't mean that in a negative fashion. One, I am used to him just holding up a sliver of Kryptonite (think their intro in the DCAU World's Finest movie). Second, he had the synthesized kryptonite he blasted him with ala The Dark Knight Returns. Personally, I'm a Batman fan instead of a Superman fan. With the synthesized kryptonite I am sold Batman can kill him. Superman fans feel free to disagree with me, I don't mind. But it got me thinking. He had to have that spear for a reason. Then I recall the ReelAnalysis of Man of Steel. Here, they show off some of the mythological/Christian allegories and symbolism throughout the film. Watch it, if you haven't already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

Therefore, I felt the spear was there for a reason. It wasn't Batman crafting a kryptonite spear just because Snyder thought it was cool (even though it is). Then it hit me, Superman in a sense is Jesus, yes? Therefore, it is the Holy Lance/Holy Spear/Spear of destiny/lance of Longinus. The spear the Roman soldier stabbed the crucified Jesus with to make sure he was dead. Going back to my point that and my fan opinion that Batman could kill Superman with the synthesized kryptonite was not enough. He had to be sure and stab him with the Holy Spear. Meanwhile, Hitler obtained the spear in the Golden Age comics. He used it to prevent super powered characters from interfering. Sound familiar? Later on he tainted the spear to make it so that anyone who used it would be corrupted. Sound familiar?
In the end, Superman is nonetheless impaled (though opposite side) by Doomsday. Hence, he does sacrifice himself for a world that in a sense has already crucified him. Then, there's the ending...
Now for the record, I am a staunch atheist and would be fascinated if someone else could take this on and I do love this kind of stuff. The bible and what not can help make for interesting stories and symbolism.

But that ending...:whistle: It certainly took me away. Personally, I don't think I would do this. Not only am I Batman fan, but I agree with his whole perspective, attitude, ideology. He's a realist, a cynic, not always trusting of people. Here is Superman, who sacrificed his very life for a planet, where roughly half of the people don't want him and don't trust him. I'm jealous. I wish I could be like that. It is certainly something to aspire to.

Affleck as Batman = awesome! No matter what we may discuss on different story elements, he really owned his part!

Thank you sir!

I'd say that seems plausible for sure :up:

Superman and Wonder Woman looked amazing in this movie, that is for damn sure.

And to give credit where it was due, the results of the finale were unexpected that was a ballsy move. Like when Batman fought Bane, I did not expect him to actually Batman to actually get his back broken. But how could you not go for that iconic moment?

So this is a spoiler thread, right? It doesn't have spoilers on it.
Thank you sir!

So I had a thought. Since it's establish there are a lot of religious allegory in the DCEU involving Supeman so far, do you guys think it was intentional that this trilogy featuring Superman was meant for him to die in the second movie, so he he can resurrected in the third? You know, in line with the whole Jesus being risen on the third day and all
That makes sense. I could see him doing it on purpose.

Batman! Batman! Batman! I cannot be happier with his portryal of Bruce Wayne and Bats in this movie.

I loved:
1)Wayne waking up next to some randomn woman, along with telling Clarke he's easily distracted by women at the Lex party - nice nod to his playboy persona.

I loved his scenes with Alfred.

I worship his first scene at the sex trafficking warehouse!

In fact there is not one scene he is is, that i don't like. Hats off to Ben for giving us the best on screen Bats ever. He has really set the bar high.

I loved the Lex party and the cat and mouse between Diana and Bruce, while Clarke listened to him and Alfred.

The opening scene in Metropolis was really well done.

I liked Affleck as Batman, Doomsday was pretty cool, WW was good, and the cameos were decent.

Take note, I am letting him off with a couple weeks. Next attempt I see to demean someone who does not like the movie will be a perma-ban. READ THE FIRST POST.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. a positivity thread was baned???!!!

is the MOD really hate this movie that much???

power is innocent... the greatest lie indeed...
Maybe the thread got out of hand so they closed it to stop the madness. Just guessing.

Well at least it's back.

Anyway, there were rumors back then of a Richard Grayson tombstone somewhere. Did that get cut, or did I miss it? Or was it just there to mislead folks?

Thank you sir!

Interesting thought! I could honestly see Snyder thinking that way, too.

Ben Affleck as Batman is personally my favorite part of this movie, and I'm more of a Superman fan. He plays the broken down, tired, lost his way Batman great. I get why people have issues with his take (the killing) but this is a Batman who has been around a long, long time, and who has lost a Robin to The Joker. Who knows what else (Barbara?) and he's given up on his code, for the most part, it seems.

That's why I loved the Martha scene, him being so against Superman, seeing him as a God/threat, then realizing he's just a man with super powers, with a mother he's trying to save. Realizing the monster he's become, realizing "Men are still good"

That said, Henry Cavill was great and he's my favorite Superman. The Clark/Superman and Lois scenes were really good. Henry's menacing "Injustice Superman" was great. He has many reasons not to be happy in this movie. I think when he comes back, maybe we will get a semi-happier Superman.

Gal Gadot was great as Wonder Woman. Loved how she got the better of Bruce. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Wonder Woman/Batman relationship...

The opening sequence is definitely the best Origin/Death of Bruce's parents... Shot so well, executed perfectly, IMO.

And Bruce's POV from the destruction of Metropolis... I loved the way it set up the movie.

I actually enjoyed the Batman vs Superman fight. Could have been longer, sure, but it was still great. Loved when Batman was punching Superman in the face and it came to a grinding hault. Batman really had that Ric Flair look of "Well you see... ahhhh." It was great.

Seen it twice, may catch it again if I can. Can't wait for the Director's Cut.

The shot of the batmobile returning through the water entrance, into the batcave and Bruce walking in the cave after taking off his cowl. :bow:

Was about to post this before until the last one was closed, luckily I save it.

This news made me so happy! Before the estimate was at $285m this morning, when I woke up. Must have updated it I guess.

Add me as well boys.

Overall, this film makes me so happy. Thinking about it, talking about it, listening to the score. One thing I really loved was the ending. Superman sacrificing himself, which is odd given what today is. But from the very beginning I found it odd that Bruce constructed a kryptonite spear. And I don't mean that in a negative fashion. One, I am used to him just holding up a sliver of Kryptonite (think their intro in the DCAU World's Finest movie). Second, he had the synthesized kryptonite he blasted him with ala The Dark Knight Returns. Personally, I'm a Batman fan instead of a Superman fan. With the synthesized kryptonite I am sold Batman can kill him. Superman fans feel free to disagree with me, I don't mind. But it got me thinking. He had to have that spear for a reason. Then I recall the ReelAnalysis of Man of Steel. Here, they show off some of the mythological/Christian allegories and symbolism throughout the film. Watch it, if you haven't already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

Therefore, I felt the spear was there for a reason. It wasn't Batman crafting a kryptonite spear just because Snyder thought it was cool (even though it is). Then it hit me, Superman in a sense is Jesus, yes? Therefore, it is the Holy Lance/Holy Spear/Spear of destiny/lance of Longinus. The spear the Roman soldier stabbed the crucified Jesus with to make sure he was dead. Going back to my point that and my fan opinion that Batman could kill Superman with the synthesized kryptonite was not enough. He had to be sure and stab him with the Holy Spear. Meanwhile, Hitler obtained the spear in the Golden Age comics. He used it to prevent super powered characters from interfering. Sound familiar? Later on he tainted the spear to make it so that anyone who used it would be corrupted. Sound familiar?
In the end, Superman is nonetheless impaled (though opposite side) by Doomsday. Hence, he does sacrifice himself for a world that in a sense has already crucified him. Then, there's the ending...
Now for the record, I am a staunch atheist and would be fascinated if someone else could take this on and I do love this kind of stuff. The bible and what not can help make for interesting stories and symbolism.

But that ending...:whistle: It certainly took me away. Personally, I don't think I would do this. Not only am I Batman fan, but I agree with his whole perspective, attitude, ideology. He's a realist, a cynic, not always trusting of people. Here is Superman, who sacrificed his very life for a planet, where roughly half of the people don't want him and don't trust him. I'm jealous. I wish I could be like that. It is certainly something to aspire to.
The spear analogy makes sense. Very symbolic. This movie has some serious layers.

Dawn of Justice is my favorite superhero film.

It's probably my favourite too. I don't think it's the best quality superhero movie ever made, but as a Superman fan, the fact that I even like it at all puts it right at the top of my list :funny:

The spear analogy makes sense. Very symbolic. This movie has some serious layers.

Thanks, nice to know someone's on board. For a moment I felt I was looking for something that is not even remotely there haha.

The shot of the batmobile returning through the water entrance, into the batcave and Bruce walking in the cave after taking off his cowl. :bow:

It was beautiful. Imagine having a house like that. So cool. I loved the rage as Bruce ripped the cowl of too. You don't wreck a guy's one of a kind state of the art ride.

Alright, I did it, I went in to see this for a 4th time

Seriously, there is no part I don't like, every next scene is good. The short editing makes it impossible to be bored. I think the script is amazing (thanks Terrio?) and the sound editing A.K.A soundtrack is used perfectly during ALL the movie

I finally found 2 continuity ''problems'' with it:

1) Superman and Zod rushing in the Wayne building like 1-2 minutes after the World Engine imploded. In MOS , there is a good 5 minutes after the implosion before they get there (laser eyes, etc.)

2) After Batman goes to the warehouse to save Martha, Superman rush in the spaceship site to tell Lex he failed BUT Superman and Batman left the place were they fight at the same time.. SO , Superman would have been at the spaceship wayyy before Batman even got into the warehouse and fight those guys

This being said, those two things got a total pass from me. The more I think this movie was directed exactly as it was storyboarded. I'm pretty sure Zak's storyboard was pretty much a comic on itself to be true to the nature of the source. In a comic, pretty sure Batman would have his fight on a few pages and then you would see Superman rush in to tell Lex he lost

Well at least it's back.

Anyway, there were rumors back then of a Richard Grayson tombstone somewhere. Did that get cut, or did I miss it? Or was it just there to mislead folks?

Their are rumors that Scott Eastwood's character in "Suicide Squad" is Dick Grayson. Since his character has not been named. Other's think he might be Deadshot. I like the Grayson idea.

Ha I just noticed your username. We have a Mr. and Mrs. Wayne on the section here. That's pretty cool. :D

Their are rumors that Scott Eastwood's character in "Suicide Squad" is Dick Grayson. Since his character has not been named. Other's think he might be Deadshot. I like the Grayson idea.
Isn't Will Smith Deadshot though?

The essence of the positive thread is that we are still waiting for some evidence that things have gone wrong for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"