New Season 5 Spoilers!

triplet said:
No, I don't think so... I used to think Jor-El was the Eradicator, but I'm thinking that Pat is right now and it is Jor-El in the caves.

I'll be really pissed if it isn't The Eradictor because not only did they build it like it was but they used it's powers on Covenant and that is not something that could be easily erased. I still think (especially if they will try to drag things for a sixth or seventh season) that it will be.
It could be a great storyline and a great way to stay a way a bit from the foftw episodes.
The Jor-El is actually Zod is a theory that has been going around for a long time mostly because Terence Stamp is doing the voice but now that we know the Kryptonians are disciples of Zod, it would make for an interesting storyline. I can't wait for the season to start to find out !

I'm not sure I like it being Jor-El better than it being the Eradicator in the caves, but if it is Zod instead that would make for some interesting dynamics with Nam-Ek and Aethyr for sure.

In any case, I agree: I can't wait for this season to start!

:up:

JackMercy said:
This weather forecast brought to you by veteran reporters with many water coolers.

:cool:
It's raining ham and pineapple margarita's... ;)

JackMercy said:
General Weather Forecast for Smallville:

Actual sun required from main actors: Five

Options and re-negotiations of sunny weather: Two, and costly...

Likelihood of contracted actors wanting to provide sunny weather beyond S5: 33%
Men. Gah! Can't live with 'em. Can't live w/o 'em. ;)

Prediction of sunny weather for Smallville after five years: 15%
Sounds like Vancouver weather. Oh wait...

Possibility of Mixed Precipitation and Stormy Weather once Movie appears: 98%
Well, that's what insurance companies are for: rebuilding after the storm.

This weather forecast brought to you by veteran reporters with many water coolers.
Hee! Have the fish bowls been getting more noisy, Jack? That's what happens when ya don't clean the filters, y'know? ;)

The Incredible Hulk said:
well, you know what they say about the accuracy of most weather predictions... ;) :p
Oh pish, Hulk. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :D

And Jack's got a Rolex, so, uh... well, you know? LOL

jas01724 said:
It's raining ham and pineapple margarita's... ;)

bruce10.jpg

I wish. . . specially the margaritas. . . .

I like the fact that they mention Zod, its going to be an interesting year to see how they tie in this season with SR or the Original Reeve movies.

Wow. The episode sounds awesome. I found season four to be a bit of a disappointment till near the end, and I'm hoping season five delivers, and by the sounds of it it does. The plot reminds me of the Superman cartoon, where Superman had to face off against the two Kryptonians freed from the Phantom Zone. Big fight. Big Explosions. Lots of damage and destruciton. Cool episode. Was kinda hopin Brainiac was gonna be in the ship, but then that's probably cost WB a small fortune to pull off properly.
Anyone know when the new season begins?

Around the end of September.Anybody besides me recording this?

Oh, I always record but I like to watch them like two or three or five times... :D

I recorded Smallville last night and my hubby came home and said, "Haven't you seen that one like 5 times already?"

So, I said "Yeah, so?"

LOL!

He's mystified by me sometimes... ;)

sounds like there gonna go in a diffrent direction then i thought they would

triplet said:
Oh, I always record but I like to watch them like two or three or five times... :D

I recorded Smallville last night and my hubby came home and said, "Haven't you seen that one like 5 times already?"

So, I said "Yeah, so?"

LOL!

haha that happened to me last year when they had re-runs.. I was watching it, and my friends, and my girlfriend had come over, and it was on, and my girlfriend wanted to change it, and I wouldn't let her till it was over, and she was like "you seen this episode before.. hell ive seen it with you!" I told her she couldn't change it period! She was like "YOU HAVE IT ON DVD!" LOL
Then at that point I said ok go on change it... lol
Gotta give in sometimes... Chicks always win. It's like the law or something. :D

Yeah, I was watching Prodigal the other night and my son was like "what are you watching?"

"Smallville."

"Which one?"

"Oh, this is the one where Lex's baby brother comes back, Prodigal..."

"Oh, that one. Can I watch a DVD?"

"Maybe after this is over...."

"But don't you like have this on DVD, Mom? Why are you watching this on TV? Do you actually like watching the commercials?"

LOL!

Too funny... ;)

:D

I love that one and this convo happens right before Clark saves Lucas out behind the Talon, I had to watch it... ;)

This is from Kryptonsite:

Wizard Offers More Season 5 Hints From Al Gough

Issue #166 of Wizard magazine offers some more hints from Executive Producer Alfred Gough about what to expect in the show's fifth season.

"The first four seasons saw Clark learning who he was, running from his destiny and trying to live a normal life," Gough shared. "This is the season he embraces that destiny and starts moving forward."

The article hints that Lex will travel closer to the dark side this year, with the path possibly being abetted by a new villain that will give both Lex and Lionel "a run for their money."

Also revealed in the article: Chloe will be headed to Metropolis for college while Clark and Lana remain in Smallville. Lois will be back for "at least" 13 episodes. A love triangle may be explored between Clark, Lana, and Lex that will bring the characters to their breaking points. "It gets complicated very fast," Gough reveals.

As for future comics-related characters showing up on the series a la the Flash, "it's too early to say anything officially, but we absolutely want to bring in more characters not only from the Superman universe, but from the rest of the DC universe as well," Gough says.

Wizard #166 is now available.

triplet said:

So, I said "Yeah, so?"

LOL!

I watch Smallville epsidoes that I've already seen all of he time.Smallville is just so interesting that it sorta draws you to it and makes you watch it even though it's a rerun.I have alot of Smallville episodes recorded so I'm good.:)

Thunder Emperor said:
i hope not i want none of the two to mix, specially at this stage.

Two Superman stories should not mix? Nah that wouldnt alienate any fans. I'm not talking about adding stuff from smallville to the film. I'm talking about making sure things don't contradict themselves. Smallville fans are going to see this film that are not familar with Superman outside of the show. It's wise not to add things to the show or the film that may confuse a demographic. I'd rather the two camps get together and discuss what should and shouldnt be done than let each property run wild. But I wouldnt worry because I would imagine Singer has more pull on his film than Gough and Millar have on their show. What it all boils down to is that it's just so they don't step on each others toes.

Michael Corleone said:
Two Superman stories should not mix? Nah that wouldnt alienate any fans. I'm not talking about adding stuff from smallville to the film. I'm talking about making sure things don't contradict themselves. Smallville fans are going to see this film that are not familar with Superman outside of the show. It's wise not to add things to the show or the film that may confuse a demographic. I'd rather the two camps get together and discuss what should and shouldnt be done than let each property run wild. But I wouldnt worry because I would imagine Singer has more pull on his film than Gough and Millar have on their show. What it all boils down to is that it's just so they don't step on each others toes.

the reason i said that is that movies of superheroes are considered to be added int o the mythos, while t.v shows aren't. I perrsonally don't lke the directionof the new movie and i never considered smallivlle to be in the mythos but more about the mythos since it refences different eras of superman comics, so therefore it would be best they stay exlusively sepesrate. or i might just get pissed becasue it would seem WB is just trying to make money of the franchisr(mind you which it is). it is just that it shouldn't be that out and clear. :rolleyes:

Superman=Routh said:
I like the fact that they mention Zod, its going to be an interesting year to see how they tie in this season with SR or the Original Reeve movies.

there will be no tie considering in superman II Zod already came and SR follows superman II five years after. so that whole angle is a wash. they are doing this on their own.

Do you guys think we might be blessed to see Pete this time around. I was pissed he didn't show up for Prom.

Oh God, I hope not. Pete was so pointless in the show. And personally, I hated that they told him Clark's secret. Especially at the beginning of the second season. Maybe the beginning of the third season would have worked out better since he was leaving at the end of it anyways. It was obvious they only had Pete find out because there was nothing else to do with him.

Its nothing against the actor, he was fine and I'm sure hes a great person, the character just had nothing to do. Personally, I think Whitney would have made more sense to keep after the first season, and get rid of Pete instead.

I'm with you, Joaqenix... I didn't like Pete as a charater much after the first season.

He was under utilized, totally. I'm sorta glad he didn't appear in Spirit.

Sam Jones seems like a nice guy so I'm sorry it didn't work out for him, but hopefully he'll have a more fulfilling career now that he's kicked the dust of Smallville off of his feet... ;)

Thing is Pete's a core charecter in the Smallville/Superman mythos, they could have definetly used him but they didn't handled him well. The writers have tendancy to leave a lot of charecters for dead (Whitney, Jason, Lana, Principal in season 2, Adam etc etc)

I still think it would have been sweet to see him make a cameo for the prom.

Maybe Pete would have faired better if they'd hired a better actor to play him? I don't know. I love Sam Jones, he seemed like a really great guy, but sometimes you have to inspire the writers too. Maybe he'll make cameos though now that Clark is heading off to college and Jason is gone.

triplet said:
This is from Kryptonsite:

Wizard Offers More Season 5 Hints From Al Gough

Issue #166 of Wizard magazine offers some more hints from Executive Producer Alfred Gough about what to expect in the show's fifth season.

"The first four seasons saw Clark learning who he was, running from his destiny and trying to live a normal life," Gough shared. "This is the season he embraces that destiny and starts moving forward."

The article hints that Lex will travel closer to the dark side this year, with the path possibly being abetted by a new villain that will give both Lex and Lionel "a run for their money."

Also revealed in the article: Chloe will be headed to Metropolis for college while Clark and Lana remain in Smallville. Lois will be back for "at least" 13 episodes. A love triangle may be explored between Clark, Lana, and Lex that will bring the characters to their breaking points. "It gets complicated very fast," Gough reveals.

As for future comics-related characters showing up on the series a la the Flash, "it's too early to say anything officially, but we absolutely want to bring in more characters not only from the Superman universe, but from the rest of the DC universe as well," Gough says.

Wizard #166 is now available.

Love triangle between Clark, Lana, and Lex? One word.. EWWWWWWWWWWWW. The thought of Lana and Lex together really sickens me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"