New solicit: Does it mean Selina's baby is headed into limbo?

carseat.jpg

You know what? I'm going to tell myself that since Bats is so anal about prep-time he has that feature in the Batmobile because he once rescued an injured infant and saw that he didn't have an adequate place to put him and rush him to the hospital. It has nothing to do with Helena, Trop, nothing to do with Helena.:(

Darth is workin on his Jive, it's a slow process.

p.s. Bats better not be gettin another kid. Leave that to Ollie. :down

Hey, I'm just joshin' you, m'man. Don't be a jive turkey about it.

You know what? I'm going to tell myself that since Bats is so anal about prep-time he has that feature in the Batmobile because he once rescued an injured infant and saw that he didn't have an adequate place to put him and rush him to the hospital. It has nothing to do with Helena, Trop, nothing to do with Helena.:(

I find a statement that has Batman being so anal about prep-time that he would actually install a car seat to be quite humorous.

Maaaaan, you stright outta a comic book.

Nothing, if it were the All-Star Batman. :o
I'm still waiting for the title of that series to change to "The Goddamn Batman."

"This month in The Goddamn Batman #10, Batman ****s some dense, ******ed children! With a pointless, idiotic, detrimental-to-the-superhero-comics-industry, perpetuating-the-fanboy-collector-culture variant cover by some dumb **** or another who needs to get a real job!"

lmao. i don't see the big deal about her anyway. Tim cries over conner and bart more then steph.
Yes, that's kind of the whole point. The display case is a symptom of a deeper disease.

He also ****ed Cassandra herself over and ruined Leslie Thompkins' character. Didio seems to have a vendetta against Bat-family women.
Funny, I didn't actually remember Dan DiDio's name in the credits as Writer on the War Crimes crossover.

Nice recovery from Batman! I don't think I would have been so calm after trying to smother a baby.
Prep time.

that's hilarious. the modern nuclear family, everyone.
It's like I always say, the dysfunctional family is the most functional. It's the neat and tidy suburban ones you gotta really watch.

Really, though, I prefer Bruce to be alone. Marriage and a family does not really strike me as Batmanish.
Not on the face of it, no, but Batman and Catwoman could have a pretty healthy, mature relationship and still retain what makes them who they are.

Funny, I didn't actually remember Dan DiDio's name in the credits as Writer on the War Crimes crossover.
I'm pretty sure the resolution to War Crimes, and in fact War Crimes in general, was editorially mandated. All roads lead to Didio, especially the bad ones with shoddy pavement and dead bodies on the sides.

I'm pretty sure the resolution to War Crimes, and in fact War Crimes in general, was editorially mandated. All roads lead to Didio, especially the bad ones with shoddy pavement and dead bodies on the sides.
I know we all like to blame DiDio for some of the shadier **** going on in the DCU over the past few years, but I think guys like Johns and Morrison are just as influential on the direction the DCU has taken. And while Johns and Morrison have done a lot of great stuff (Darthphere be damned), some of the blame for these things should go in their direction as well. Obviously, DiDio has to sign off on it, but I think that it's Johns and Morrison who have really steered this back-to-the-Silver-Age movement (not that I disapprove of it) from Day One. Morrison's feelings on this were made clear way back in Animal Man, and I think you can see his work move in that arc ever since that time. And as one of the most influential men in comics, it's easy to see how that spills over to other creators, and to the entire editorial direction of DC Comics.

And, for the record, even if this Silver Age Revisited trend was sucky, it's a hell of a lot better than Marvel's current Postmodern Mire of unheroic heroes, stories without an ounce of fun, and general doomy, gloomy, difficult atmosphere. If it wasn't for Brubaker's ability to take that direction and make it workable, Fabian Nicieza's brilliant stuff on Cable-Deadpool, the largely self-contained Ghost Rider (WWH tie-ins notwithstanding), and the now-dead Blade book, I wouldn't be reading a single Marvel comic.

And while Johns and Morrison have done a lot of great stuff (Darthphere be damned)

You said it, have done. I love most of their past work, their recent work? Not so much. And I agree with everything you said in this post. And trust me, we do blame Johns, Morrison, Meltzer, etc for all of this along with Didio.

You said it, have done. I love most of their past work, their recent work? Not so much.
You probably know this, but I kind of meant that a lot of their recent work has been good too. I loved Morrison's Seven Soldiers. Johns is unstoppable on this new Booster Gold series. They've made some recent missteps, although I disagree with you on the number of missteps. But the overall arc of the DCU is pretty solid, to me.

Darthphere said:
And I agree with everything you said in this post. And trust me, we do blame Johns, Morrison, Meltzer, etc for all of this along with Didio.
I don't think people give Morrison enough ****. If the general DCU trend pisses you off, Morrison deserves the lion's share of the blame. I really do believe that his Animal Man run is the original catalyst for all of it, and that he is the biggest driving force behind it.

You probably know this, but I kind of meant that a lot of their recent work has been good too. I loved Morrison's Seven Soldiers. Johns is unstoppable on this new Booster Gold series. They've made some recent missteps, although I disagree with you on the number of missteps. But the overall arc of the DCU is pretty solid, to me.

JSA is still tight, And Booster did surprise me, and Sinestro Corps has been decent, Johns seems to be on a up swing, and I'm happy about that. Morrison, well the last Batman issue was pretty good I thought. Maybe that had to do more with JH Williams III, but yeah I liked it.

I don't think people give Morrison enough ****. If the general DCU trend pisses you off, Morrison deserves the lion's share of the blame. I really do believe that his Animal Man run is the original catalyst for all of it, and that he is the biggest driving force behind it.

Hmm, that's your theory but not one I really agree with per say. Morrison doesn't get as much flack IMO because he's not really in the position to make sweeping changes. He's only written Batman and 52 at this point. But he's writing Final Crisis so I guess this will test your theory.

JSA is still tight, And Booster did surprise me, and Sinestro Corps has been decent, Johns seems to be on a up swing, and I'm happy about that. Morrison, well the last Batman issue was pretty good I thought. Maybe that had to do more with JH Williams III, but yeah I liked it.
Wow. I'm genuinely impressed. You're more open-minded than I thought.

Darthphere said:
Hmm, that's your theory but not one I really agree with per say. Morrison doesn't get as much flack IMO because he's not really in the position to make sweeping changes. He's only written Batman and 52 at this point. But he's writing Final Crisis so I guess this will test your theory.
True, he's not an editor, but he doesn't write ****-around bull**** titles. He writes 52, Batman, JLA, etc. What he writes is BIG ****. Bigger, even, than Infinite Crisis, because who gives a **** about just one more crossover, really? But 52 set the tone for the DCU for a good while to come. His JLA accomplished more character development for its characters than any of them were getting in their solo books at the time. And Batman is always a top seller, because of the name. He's an incredibly influential writer who, with rare exceptions, writes for influential titles.

Morrison, well the last Batman issue was pretty good I thought. Maybe that had to do more with JH Williams III, but yeah I liked it.

this current batman arc is really underachieving, in my opinion. it's basically an agatha christie murder mystery story with costumed adventurers. i liked the idea of it going in, but it's not really living up to it's potential. there's been some decent dialog, but the plot is pretty cookie-cutter. it's not over yet and morrison might have some tricks up his sleeve, but so far i'm not impressed. williams art is amazing, as usual, however i do have some problems with it. while i love his figure work and the fact that he takes chances with the formatting and flow, some of of the panels are rather confusing and it's tough to tell what's going on in them and which ones flow into the next. i give it a 6/10, so far.

Reading the new preview, along with putting Selina on the Outsiders, I think that they won't put Helena into limbo. I think they're just preparing the book for what seems to be the inevitable cancellation and not have it feel incomplete like Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis and Firestorm: The Nuclear Man did.

im still trying to ubnderstand the point of her being in the outsiders.... what does she bring to the team?

shes good at the stealth work and breaking into places....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"