New Star Wars film Opening on the day as Dragon Ball. Will it effect it Negatively ?

Oh my god. You're going to compare Dragon Ball to this piece of **** cartoon flick? It's rediculous. I would be embarassed if I went and saw that in theaters.

I don't think it's going to effect Dragon Ball at all.

Your so quick to knock a cartoon flick, but im willing to bet you youve seen every dbz movie which in cased you havent noticed by now....are cartoons:wow:

After seeing Star Wars live action movies who would want to see an animated Star Wars film?

We`ve seen DB cartoons and now people want to see a live action DB

idk after seeing the first matrix movie who would wanna see animatrix? or the dark knight cartoon prequel?

Yeah and most of them are 30 years old and older

Hmm...which makes you wonder if they would go to theatre to watch a cartoon...
but I think a lot of the hardcore fans wouldnt care

--dk7

cause all the cool youngsters out there are db fans :woot:

I`d say most kids ages 10-17 in America know or have heard of Dragonball and most probably dont like Star Wars because their parents like Star Wars

Children 10-17 is not a very large market for moviegoers...the majority of that age range is still dependent upon their parents for money to go see those movies.

idk after seeing the first matrix movie who would wanna see animatrix? or the dark knight cartoon prequel?

Animatrix had spectacular DVD sales.

If this Star Wars cartoon hadn't waited so long after the prequels to come out, I think it would destroy at the box office. But then again...I don't think Dragonball is going to be a monster box office smash either. It just doesn't have the talent pool to do it.

I'm not saying that this will bring in the big bucks, but to deny that this would not affect the box office is ignorant.

I`d say most kids ages 10-17 in America know or have heard of Dragonball and most probably dont like Star Wars because their parents like Star Wars

it's odd that you would say that because i still see a lot of kids making "zzzzzzzzhhhhhhhhhh" lightsaber sounds. on the other hand, i can't remember the last time i saw a kid pretend like their doing a kamehameha...

it's odd that you would say that because i still see a lot of kids making "zzzzzzzzhhhhhhhhhh" lightsaber sounds. on the other hand, i can't remember the last time i saw a kid pretend like their doing a kamehameha...

i actually was doing that today in lunch....:woot: theres this girl at school who is obsessed with Dragon Ball....so i did a Kamehameha

I know for a fact that there ARE LOADS of Star Wars fans......however i also know for a fact that there ARE LOADS of DB fans..... :woot: so it could go either way.

"
Warner Bros., Turner Broadcasting, and production company Lucasfilm Animation announced yesterday that the eagerly-anticipated series, which will air in 30-minute "mini-movies" on TNT and Cartoon Network, will begin with a theatrical release on August 15."

Meh...

dont forget to take into account the marketing behind these movies as well, you dont think both the sw movie and tv show wont get a bunch of hype? imo itll get more hype than db

Well with the majority of everyone of my friends, and everyone I know at my school, I'm pretty sure they would go watch the Dragon Ball movie over a Star Wars cartoon flick. But that's just my assumption.

I think that, until both movies' marketing campaigns start kicking, both have potential, for different reasons.

The SW movie has potential because the franchise is mainly based on a relatively short story, as told in the six movies so far made; many fans (and even not fans) will be interested if only because this movie will expand on the SW universe. Of course, there are countless comics, cartoons and novels, but these haven't been exactly as mainstream as the movies; and maybe, just maybe, this movie might be considered as such.

On the other hand, DB amounts to hundreds of hours of story, covering every basic idea or scenario (and sometimes over and over again, like the villain-turned-good-guy, or the “finding a new, even wiser and more powerful fighting master from which to learn to fight the new, tougher villain”), and the movie will have little chance NOT to tell a story that's already been told... even if they depart from the known plots -which, as already proven in these forums, might upset many fans to no end... my point is: on one hand, there's the undoubtable interest in a live-action movie; on the other, it's something of a “no-win” situation, because if they use a plot unchanged from the series, it'll have less interest to some people, whereas if they create a new plot that contradicts something already established, it'll anger some other fans.

Um... I'm not sure if I'm making any sense :huh:

I can safely assume that more girls are into SW than Dragon Ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"