New Superhero Show 'MISFITS' on E4

Man, I love this show. The characters are great, the music is awesome, and the filming is edgy.

Is there a significance to the numbers imagery in the shows? Like the five boats, the three buildings, the 3-4 (can't remember the exact number) huge circles, etc.

Anybody know where I can get an mp3 of the theme song?

I love this show too. Just gets better and better.

The soundtrack for this show kicks ass too. They update the official site with the songs featured in each episode.

Misfits on Twitter:

Simon B: http://twitter.com/simonmisfits

Nathan: http://twitter.com/nathanmisfits

Superhoodie: http://twitter.com/superhoodie

Some interesting Twitts on Superhoodie's

"It's good Nathan has people around him. He'll need them next week. 2:35 AM Nov 12th via TweetDeck"

" Blood is thicker than water. But blood can easily be spilled. Nathan needs to be careful. 8:54 AM Nov 17th via TweetDeck"

" Simon saw me bleed, Alisha caught me on camera. I am human, but I can't afford to make mistakes. 6:06 AM Nov 19th via TweetDeck"

:)

Wow did not see the reveal of superhoodie coming
How come coming from a hellish future always turns everyone into a badass

The Peanuts kryptonite :woot:

Asbo five future with everyone knowing about their powers and them getting killed. I wonder what happens to Nathan as his immortal and survived in the other timeline in which all of them got killed by their first crazy probation worker

Superhoodies home reminds me of Bruce Waynes bunker in the TDK.

Tattooist line "Put your nuts on the floor!" funny

I burst out laughing at Nathan pooing in Nikki's bed and wiping his arse with her pj's

As far as villians evil plans go turning someone gay has got to be a new one!

Last edited:
good reveal!

everyone think they will all be superheros in the future??

Perhaps Curtis does where a superhero costume in the future. I wonder why Superhoodie lead him to the girls flat?

I wasn't expecting Simon being Superhoodie!! Fair play to the actor that plays Simon, his acting was very Clark Kent/Superman in the way it was presented. Seeing wierd, shy, geeky Simon we know and the Uber Badass, strong and confident Simon of the future was a nice mix and great acting by him. I don't know if I was seeing things but did of one FutureSimon's clocks say the year 2041?? If so, Simon's looking good for his age, could this mean Simon has Nathan's power?? and time travel, could that mean he has a form of Curtis' power too?? he did say things "change" in the future. Also the idea of Simon's being inmune to Alisha's power mean one of two things to me, either:

1) FutureSimon has Alisha's power too, so it counteract's each others power

or

2) Cause they "fall in love" in the future, and Alisha becomes comfortable and falls in love with someone that somehow makes her power neturalised to that said person?!

Either way something going to happen, that's the reason FutureSimon is here. But atm it looks like his a hero and his here to help but what if he isn't (I hope I'm wrong, cause I like Simon and like the idea he becomes something more, a hero) what if he is actually the reason the Misfits die?? what if he becomes a Supervillain, and the reason he is here, is to change things, with him meeting Alisha, he already changed things in my eyes. Making her fall in "love" with him and later his past self?? Just a thought, atm I'm going to see what happen in next week's ep before I think anymore into that theory.

:)

Great ep btw, loved the tattoo and Nathan's gay love for Simon, made me laugh loads, the Peanut part had me and my Fiance in a fit of giggles lol :)

Just finished the first season the other day. Watched all the episodes in practically one sitting, it's such an addictive show.

Love it. There isn't much I really get in to and make a point of watching on tv these days, usually just repeats of various comedy shows but Misfits is great - consistently the best show on TV IMO.

Was really surprised but liked the reveal in ep3. And as someone else said fairplay to Ivan for pulling off the shy/badass thing really well.

What I like about Misfits is that.. it's not Heroes. I mean, [BLACKOUT]apart from potentially in the future[/BLACKOUT] they're not really presented as your typical superheros and similarly, all the powers are not your typical super powers... Like the Tattooists power was actually quite cool and unusual and I like the way it was done visually. And I also really liked how when they took the pills [BLACKOUT] it reversed their powers[/BLACKOUT], I thought that was a cool idea.

Still wonder what the wolf following Nathan in the intro credits is about? I mean it could have possibly being to do with Nathans mums boyfriend/step dad in series 1... but the wolf is still there in the series 2 intro.. hmm... All the animations in the intro are to do with each characters power (like Curtis' shadow running backwards) so maybe the wolf and Nathans immortality are linked in some way?

Last edited:
E4 have confirmed they want a third series already but in a interview the other day with the actress who plays Alisha she was in two minds if she and some the other cast members would comeback.

I hope they do because its rare that a good show like this makes it past a couple series and its only six episodes a year.

Really? They spend like 2months out of the year filming? Pretty good deal imo. Hopefully they all come back, but if one or two dont sign on then it would kind of suit the storyline that they have going on now.

ye it must be hard for them to find time to do it with all the other work they have been getting....... oh wait

ye it must be hard for them to find time to do it with all the other work they have been getting....... oh wait

lol, I hate it when actors feel like they need to go do something else when they finally make it. It always ruins a good thing, which is what made them famous in the first place.

I'm also surprised that we found out who Super Hoodie is this early but given how short the series are it's to be expected. I think that Super Hoodie is with Alisha, and not just because they love each other, to create a rift between her and Curtis. That way Curtis can be with the sick Asian woman, who he saw in the future.

Gay Nathan was freaking hilarious, pure awesomeness. I also love how Super Hoodie helps the Misfits gang, by giving them ambiguous clues, which seem to make no sense but when the time comes it's like "ahhhh". Like the peanuts in the latest episode.

I love this show as much as I loved the new Sherlock Homes show. I can't wait for that series to start up again. Both have brilliant writing, acting, and direction.

lol, I hate it when actors feel like they need to go do something else when they finally make it. It always ruins a good thing, which is what made them famous in the first place.

Pure speculation on my part, but at least for Misfits, it's possible that by filming for Misfits, scheduling might prevent them from taking on regular roles in other shows? If that's the case, then I can definitely see why they would want out in favour of trying to get a role on a show with more episodes per season.

I wish they would add more episodes to Misfits. Six episodes just isn't enough, I need more of this awesome show.

A-Mazing show, didn't know there was a thread for it here on SHH, I'm liking the 2nd series so far - the six episode thing does suck it's so good it definitely needs more

I read an interview with Robert sheehan (nathan) the other day who genuinely seems like a funny person bit he seemed to above the show and came across as someone that would definitely come back. Although I suppose as the 'star' of the show they would try their hardest to get him back.

And I dunno how much truth there is to this as I haven't confirmed it on the misfits or e4 sites but according to the Wikipedia misfits page series 2 has 7 episodes.

One thing I hope they avoid in this show now that we have future Simon thrown into the mix is the overly serious plot of saving the world and all the cliche superhero nonsense. Basically not go down the road that Heroes did.

I would like them to keep it small, edgy, funny, and keep it simple. Stay the course of the show as it is and develop it like Unbreakable, rather than Heroes.

lol exactly, they can't find time to film SIX episodes a year? In fact not all characters share equal screen time per episode!

But wow the second season has been very good so far, finally we find out who superhoodie is although I wasnt expecting it to be him. I did however suspsect time travel would be involved as he seemed to know where to be and when.

Wow did the actor who play's simon really get in between the actress that plays alisha's legs, that was some real good acting there :cwink: not that I blame him though :p

Wow did the actor who play's simon really get in between the actress that plays alisha's legs, that was some real good acting there :cwink: not that I blame him though :p

Wowza! That scene was HOT.

"Monkey $lut" was awesome! I hope I get an opportunity to use that. lol

Misfits is possibly the best thing on tv at the moment, the use of twitter is pure genius :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"