New Superhero Show 'MISFITS' on E4

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by chamber-music, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Baggers

Baggers Midnight Vigilante

After watching more vids on the Channel 4 Misfit site, It's fun to see
    Superhoodie aka FutureSimon putting secret cams up over the Community Centre, that explains where and when he knew the Asbo 5 were, the little vids are cool and very clever :)

Wonder without Superhoodies' help how they would of got out of the "Scary Virgin/Christian/Bodysnacther" style Lady from the Series 1 finale and the Tattoo situations. Also wonder how, when and if Nathan actually got out of the Grave, cause without Superhoodie he would still be there lol

2. Siby

Siby Well-Known Member

Another great episode but the whole ape thing was bizarre. It is so refreshing to have such creativity from the writers. Kelly should never be out of the orange jumpsuits.

The costumes were awesome! I loved how they handled the whole thing.

3. Casius--J

Casius--J Web Master

Wow the last episode was very sexually charged, what were the writers and director going through during production? LOL

Another good episode but a couple of points too

I too thought Kellys new boyfriend was a dog or something the way he kept dogging her :cwink:

So Kurtis doesnt become a superhero but rather it was just a costume party, quite interesting.

Loved the superhero team shot at the end, it was brilliant.

4. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

Can I just say that Misfits actually makes me proud of Britian, for finally producing a fantasy tv show that doesn't suck :)

5. Baggers

Hell yes!! :)

6. DrMylesOBoogie

DrMylesOBoogie Well-Known Member

Tonights episode was such a letdown. Very entertaining until
    Curtis once again turns back time
    therefore making the entire experience pointless. All the
    character development with Simon and Alisha is also reset to the start of the episode
    . What was the point? Having characters
    such as Curtis, who can turn back time, and Nathan, who cant be killed
    in the show is ruining all the suspense.

7. Baggers

I know what you mean, but I thought it was an okayish ep, not the best from this series tho
    Loved the ep tho when Simon put his hood up and went all badass, also liked the interaction with Alisha and Simon, and Simon finding out his destiny, sucks that was all unwritten, but from the looks of next week's ep maybe Simon and Alisha going to have that "little chat" again in this timeline, also how crazy and badass did Simon look saying "I'm going to kill Jesus Christ!!" in next week's promo. He doesn't look like the FutureSimon we seen, what causes him to be that crazed and does this mean we start to see the begining of Superhoodie?? Also good to see Milk-Boy think of something to stop Nathan aka Captain Invincible instead of killing him, who would of thought a "Milk power" would of been so dangerous

Overall guys who been your fave Misfit "Villain", enemy of the week so far?? Mine has to be Rachel Leyton or Lucy both were great villains too the Asbo 5, Finn the baby was funny tho lol. Overall villain tho has gotta go to Sally, cause she's the one that came close to stopping them and finding out about Tony...

:)

8. Adenjo

Adenjo Cottonheadedninnymuggins

I loved last nights episode, however I can see why
    Misfits using Curtis's power as a quick get out clause is anoying one or two people, however that one little gripe aside I thought last nights episode was great, Nathan again was on fine form and we got to see the potential that is in Simon, the scene where he pulls on the hood while walking straight to camera was amazing

Can't wait for the Christmas episode and hopefully series three (fingers crossed)

Misfits series two has been one of (if not THE) best shows on TV this year bravo :up:

9. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Yeah the ending was a bit of a cop out and you could see it coming a mile away but it was still a good episode. The Hotel reminded me of the hotel in the shining. At times Misfits has an almost horror movie feel.

I thought the villain this week was great Lé Grand Fromagé :woot:

As others had said who knew manipulating dairy products could be such an dangerous superpower he was like a milky Magneto.

Do you think they killed him?
    We saw Curtis punch him but I wonder if they murdered him

The scene of Simon finding out he is Superhoodie was great. The Alisha and Simon plot has really been the heart of series 2.

It was funny the matter of fact way their publicist/agent took to the fact they killed people

Nathans triple story was gross and funny. I'm still not even sure Curtis actully likes Nathan.

If any of the probation workers deserved to die it was this one he was really a *****ebag.

Roll on the Christmas Special! :)

10. DrMylesOBoogie

Simon and Alisha's development or "little chat" was the most frustrating thing because we know it's coming and we'll have to sit through it all over again. If they haven't outed themselves and gone public now it also means that we are faced with a different future than the superhoodie came from as he had the video of Alisha's interview but yet his future they obviously went public but didnt get killed the the milk guy. It doesn't make sense.
    I wish it were all just planned and thought out a little better.

I did love the villian this week.

11. Baggers

That's very true, Superhoodie's future was the one that they "became" famous, still don't understand how he lived thru that future to come back to become Superhoodie, maybe something else different happened, like him "going underground" for good and not visiting Nathan. But then Alisha would of still died and him and her wouldn't of had that future together aka Vegas photo. So what was really Superhoodie's future, hmmm...So thinking that this is a different timeline and future to FutureSimon's, anything could happen now. So Simon could become all Anti-Hoodie, or Dark-Hoodie style?? I hope not, I wanna start seeing the beginings of Superhoodie (the only thing that sucks tho, is for the circle to be complete, our Simon will still need to go back in time to make sure everything happens right, that means he'll have to achieve his our destiny: his death to save Alisha :( time travel sucks at times lol. (Talking about time travel loved his Terminator convo sooo geeky, something me and my mates would do lol) so does that mean we will see Simon go back at some point?? maybe series finale, or could this mean, we could lose him from the show altogether :(

Thanx to facebook Misfits page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/e4misfits

Great news!! :)

12. chamber-music

Glad to hear they are coming back for a third series.

13. hopefuldreamer

hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

I don't think it was pointless. Curtis remembers it all, and because of that, they will never
    go public again
    and I think it was neccesary to explain why a character like Nathan wouldn't try to make money out of it. It's also the only show in which that scenario would happen, so it was fun to watch :p

Thing is, they can't have Curtis be completely useless, he has to use his powers sometimes, and so far I don't think they've over used it at all.

14. chamber-music

Its funny how some characters on the show have complete control of their superpowers and others don't. I wonder how come Nathans new power of seeing the recentley dead stayed after their powers went loopy when the others didn't

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  15. Baggers

Maybe
    cause he is both alive and dead, he has peek over into the "otherworld" maybe the pill they had just opened up a part of his powers he never used before. To think about it, it has to be something to do with the pill, cause loads of people died last series and he never saw any of them "return". Unless it had to have him to death first time around for the new part of his power to kick in?? to be fair, no one died before his brother did they after Nathan was saved from the grave?? Not really sure lol, was good to see Nathan go all hero like too when he found out Kelly was killed, wonder if those two will ever get it on. We know Nathan still has feelings for her, still don't now why tho :oldrazz: lol

16. DrMylesOBoogie

So many questions to answer that could have been avoided had they just been more carefull with the writing. Don't get me wrong it's still a very entertaining tv show but I think I was spoiled with how good episode 3 was and the hints of what was to come after it that the actual progression has been a letdown.

17. Adenjo

Adenjo Cottonheadedninnymuggins

Last nights Christmas special was brilliant, sad to see
    the death of Nikki tho, I am hoping that Nathans new love/lust interest will stick around for series three.
    An entertaining episode and a worthy eries finale for the excellent series two of Misfits :up:

18. The Apocalypse

The Apocalypse Well-Known Member

This show is brilliant. I really wish I was able to see this in America but thanks to the good ol' interweb I can watch it online. I JUST heard about this show last week and caught up. It's really something. F'n hilarious too.

19. chamber-music

Christmas special was awesome!

Oh my god the afterbirth scene was so gross and funny:funny: :wow:

My highlights
    Simon in training to become the future simon.

Gross preggers girl who kept peeing while they were making out and simons reaction when he saw them.

Nathans tranny story and what it was like growing up in Ireland with the Catholic priests :lmao:

Curtis saying Alisha raped him and they killed loads of people which I guess means Milky Magneto got dumped in the river like the rest of them

Super strong little guy kicking all their asses :woot:

A guy who deals in Superpowers was cool
    Liked Simons Superman 2 reference.

The singing bit was weird but fun.

They may have different powers in the future

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  20. spidey-dude

spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

well im guessing the black girl (im crap with names sorry) will change her power, as her old one was pretty useless, the rest had cool useful powers so they should keep them - although isnt curtis going to go back in time anyway to save his girlfriend meaning they never would have lost their powers, meaning they cant change them for other ones since they dont have the money......

i love time travel

21. mr. peasant

mr. peasant Well-Known Member

They don't have time travel anymore since the dealer already sold it to someone else. On a slightly more 'meta' note, the writers probably got rid of it on purpose since - as people had previously mentioned - it was like having a reset button that could be used to resolve whatever problems they had.

As for what powers they will get next season, it depends on the budget. All their powers (with the possible exception of Simon's) are pretty much FX-free. If they have a bigger budget for next season, the showmakers might decide to go with something more visual.

And lastly, on a side note, the introduction of the dealer also solves the question as to how Future Simon got all his powers - he probably bought them from the dealer.

22. Vapor

Vapor Omlette Du Fromage

But the guy doesn't have Curtis' power to give back so Curtis will have to pick a new one....... unless the guy was BSin him but he seemed pretty adamant that he didn't have it.

Enjoyed the ep. Think it was a bit better than the series finale. Was expecting bit more of a show down with Jesus though... I also expected Jesus to have gained Nathans imortality.

We know that Jesus had Alishas power, Nikkis teleportation and some kind of telekinesis and they died with him so those should be out of the equation. I'm sure Nathan will want his imortality back. Future Simon did tell Alisha that things were different in the future, maybe this is what he meant.

And one thing I'd like to see the writes explore is a nemesis.. or reccuring villain. I don't want it to start heading into Heroes territory with government agencies tracking them down or big super powered fights or anything... but something on a low key level.. perhaps a rival gang of hoodies. It'd just be cool to see a villain come back, perhaps once every series or perhaps a villain arc stretching over a series, opposed to the villain of the week formula (which does work for Misfits)... During the very first episode of series one, I expected the original parole officer they killed to come back to life and become a recuring villain.

23. Casius--J

Casius--J Web Master

Arghhh what a way to end the series now I have to wait almost a year to see what new powers they get!

But it was a good ending all in all, slight nit pick though...
    In the previously clips at the beginning they show Alisha telling Simon that he's the guy in the mask, but Curtis reversed time to before Milk guy revealed himself on on TV so that conversation never actually happened. OK they probably re-had the convo but it was a bit sloppy.

I can't wait to see what powers they have next.

24. mr. peasant

mr. peasant Well-Known Member

But in order to have a nemesis (or recurring enemy), the ASBO 5 would first have to give a ****! And... it requires actual effort on their part. That's two strikes against the idea. :woot:

25. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was a good finale but I am kind of sad that they will be getting different powers since I wanted to see the original powers grow and they suit them so well.