New Superman Returns Target Render!

ToddIsDead said:
Then you must be just looking at the pictures. Read the words and then come back to us.

i have.

still great.

Horrorfan said:
Wait, so even though nobody liked avengers before, you stick TWO ultra popular characters on the team and suddenly it's a number one title? Consistantly?

Sorry, the fact is if that many people hated it, they would drop it. No matter how much I loved something, if it sucked and didn't get better then I would drop it (say an arch or two at most). The sales really do indicate this. I think it's easy to say that 'oh everyone hates it they just buy it anyway' because it justifys your opinions to yourself. I dont mean that in an offensive way, but it seems like your looking for confirmation. Lots of people here thinks it sucks. Losts of people in the real world tend to buy the title.

Tell me this....when was the last time avengers was a 'top selling' title before Bendis came into the picture (ie top five or ten)? And if Bendis sucks to so many people, why do they buy EVERYTHING he writes? That makes no sense. Even if I made the decision to stick with some kind of loyalty (that really didn't exist, in sales terms, before anyway) just in hope it would get better, why would you pick up his other titles just in the vain hope thats better, despite the fact you have never read that title before and it has a writer you dont particularly like?

Hype never makes something a constant sucess. Look at box office. Crappy films with hype may get a good opening but the numbers fall....but in terms of comics, Bendis gets a good opening AND retains it for months. How much does a Uwe Boll film make, a guy whos movies are universally hated? Same principle. I don't think Bendis is great, but I also think that if noone thought he was, the title would be back in the bottom half of the top 20.

apparently your an idiot. i know people who are dropping teen titans because conner is killed off the dotn care if geoff johns is writing it. so yes sticking to ultra popular characters and 2 cult characters and yes you have yourself a best selling title. do you really think if the team didnt have spiderman,wolverine,luke cage, spiderwoman and the original team was bought back that the sales will stay the same even if bendis was still writing, highly doubt it my friend. whats even more funier and is your comparing uwe boll to bendis, great job i agree they both suck. your obviously from the bendis board. and tell me how do you know everyone buys what bendis writes? i would like to see your research behind that.

GoldenAgeHero said:
apparently your an idiot. i know people who are dropping teen titans because conner is killed off the dotn care if geoff johns is writing it. so yes sticking to ultra popular characters and 2 cult characters and yes you have yourself a best selling title. do you really think if the team didnt have spiderman,wolverine,luke cage, spiderwoman and the original team was bought back that the sales will stay the same even if bendis was still writing, highly doubt it my friend. whats even more funier and is your comparing uwe boll to bendis, great job i agree they both suck. your obviously from the bendis board. and tell me how do you know everyone buys what bendis writes? i would like to see your research behind that.

Look at the comic book sales charts.

Bendis comics tend to sell quite highly.

gildea said:

Thank you.

My error was assuming people here had common sense :(

Good to see some of us do though :D

Horrorfan said:
Wait, so even though nobody liked avengers before, you stick TWO ultra popular characters on the team and suddenly it's a number one title? Consistantly?

Sorry, the fact is if that many people hated it, they would drop it. No matter how much I loved something, if it sucked and didn't get better then I would drop it (say an arch or two at most). The sales really do indicate this. I think it's easy to say that 'oh everyone hates it they just buy it anyway' because it justifys your opinions to yourself. I dont mean that in an offensive way, but it seems like your looking for confirmation. Lots of people here thinks it sucks. Losts of people in the real world tend to buy the title.
Hence why people still buy books like All-Star Batman and Robin: The Boy Wonder, lots of people buy crappy comics by the dozen. And apparently Spider-Man and Wolverine sell books. Hence why there are two Wolverine ongoings and Wolverine is on Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, New X-Men, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, New Avengers, and has multiple pointless cameos everywhere.

Hype never makes something a constant sucess. Look at box office. Crappy films with hype may get a good opening but the numbers fall....but in terms of comics, Bendis gets a good opening AND retains it for months. How much does a Uwe Boll film make, a guy whos movies are universally hated? Same principle. I don't think Bendis is great, but I also think that if noone thought he was, the title would be back in the bottom half of the top 20.
Because like All-Star Batman and Robin: The Boy Wonder, stupid people are buying this stupid book. Bendis is a great writer: on Daredevil and Alias/the Pulse. New Avengers and Ultimate Spider-Man suck. Also his other superhero books: Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate Marvel-Team-Up, the Avengers sucked. I bet that Spider-Woman will suck. Bendis should stick to his strong points instead of being some egotistical jackass like Quesada and do whatever the hell he wants to do.

gildea said:

the charts dont mean ****, all star batman and robin sales higher then all star superman, now tell me which is a better book? point proven. (unless you havent read either)

the superman movie is gonna suck.

hopefully you guys looking forward to it will be let down. :up:

The Riddler said:
the superman movie is gonna suck.

hopefully you guys looking forward to it will be let down. :up:

It will be better than this crap fest :down

batsuit.jpg

Mentok said:
It will be better than this crap fest :down

batsuit.jpg
oh, i had my gripes with the film to be sure, but the movie as a whole was a very good film.

i can't say much about the quality of SR because i haven't seen it, but you should be glad if SR is even close to being as good as begins was.

The Riddler said:
oh, i had my gripes with the film to be sure, but the movie as a whole was a very good film.

i can't say much about the quality of SR because i haven't seen it, but you should be glad if SR is even close to being as good as begins was.

You haven't even seen Superman Returns yet and you judge it with those words. Maybe if you said "I think Superman Returns will suck" we would think differently. But people like you need to shut up saying "Superman Returns will suck"

hippie_hunter said:
You haven't even seen Superman Returns yet and you judge it with those words. Maybe if you said "I think Superman Returns will suck" we would think differently. But people like you need to shut up saying "Superman Returns will suck"
saying it will suck and i think it will suck is the same thing.

perhaps if you realized anything that shows up in this text box, next to my name, is a representation of my thoughts. saying "i think" is both redundant and pointless.

perhaps if you think about things before you post, you would look less an idiot.

The Riddler said:
saying it will suck and i think it will suck is the same thing.

perhaps if you realized anything that shows up in the box, next to my name is a representation of my thoughts. saying "i think" is both redundant and pointless.

perhaps if you think about things before you post, you would look less an idiot.

No it isn't. You can't judge what you haven't seen. So unless you posess a time machine, I doubt that you have seen Superman Returns. Personally I THINK that Superman Returns is going to be a great movie. Before Batman Begins came out I THOUGHT that it was going to be spectacular, and it turned out to be so. The only exception was the Catwoman movie because that was an obvious given.

And you better see Superman Returns or else you'll be a hypocrite (reason why I saw Catwoman in theaters, for free by the way, I wasn't going to waste $10 on that piece of $#!t)

hippie_hunter said:
No it isn't. You can't judge what you haven't seen. So unless you posess a time machine, I doubt that you have seen Superman Returns. Personally I THINK that Superman Returns is going to be a great movie. Before Batman Begins came out I THOUGHT that it was going to be spectacular, and it turned out to be so. The only exception was the Catwoman movie because that was an obvious given.

And you better see Superman Returns or else you'll be a hypocrite (reason why I saw Catwoman in theaters, for free by the way, I wasn't going to waste $10 on that piece of $#!t)
i fail to see the point you attempted to make. think, thought are both unnecessary. "batman was so-so." "superman will be great." they both mean the same thing whether or not "thought" and "think" were in front of them.

just drop this argument about the "think"/"thought" nonsense and i won't rag on you anymore.

and yes, i'm planning on downloading superman returns.

The Riddler said:
i fail to see the point you attempted to make. think, thought are both unnecessary. "batman was so-so." "superman will be great." they both mean the same thing whether or not "thought" and "think" were in front of them.

just drop this argument about the "think"/"thought" nonsense and i won't rag on you anymore.
No point in continuing then :o

and yes, i'm planning on downloading superman returns.

Download :mad:

You PAY to see your movies (and for the record, I am also against illegal music downloads whether it's a piece of $#!t or comes from God himself you want to watch or listen to something that should be paid for, you pay for it)

hippie_hunter said:
No point in continuing then :o
i respect that.

Download :mad:

You PAY to see your movies (and for the record, I am also against illegal music downloads whether it's a piece of $#!t or comes from God himself you want to watch or listen to something that should be paid for, you pay for it)
sometimes, breaking the rules is the smart thing to do.

The Riddler said:

Since BB sucked ass, SR will be better.

GoldenAgeHero said:
the charts dont mean ****, all star batman and robin sales higher then all star superman, now tell me which is a better book? point proven. (unless you havent read either)

No point not proven, different point made entirely.

We are talking the sales bendis makes, you insinuated that his sales on NA where solely due to the characters and my point is bendis himself will be a reason many people buy books and you can see this from the sales he gets on the charts which for the kind of books he works on are impressive (I'm not making a sales=quality argument here). He has fans that seek to pick out his books because of HIM.

gildea said:
No point not proven, different point made entirely.

We are talking the sales bendis makes, you insinuated that his sales on NA where solely due to the characters and my point is bendis himself will be a reason many people buy books and you can see this from the sales he gets on the charts which for the kind of books he works on are impressive (I'm not making a sales=quality argument here). He has fans that seek to pick out his books because of HIM.

Actually you're both right:

1. Spider-Man, Wolverine, Captain America, and Iron Man sell books. Especially Spider-Man and Wolverine. All of them together just sweetens the pot. Don't be surprised when the Hulk and Thor join the Avengers.

2. Bendis sells books. Bendis is Marvel's top writer (like Johns is for DC) and he has done some great stuff such as Alias/the Pulse and Daredevil. Bendis's only problem is his ego, just because he's a great writer doesn't mean he can do everything. A vast majority of his superhero work just plain sucks and Marvel strokes his ego even worse by giving him more books to write.

3. Marvel promotes the hell out of New Avengers. When something gets highly promoted, people will buy. The same reason why House of M, Infinite Crisis, Identity Crisis, Ultimate Marvel, and All-Star DC are selling or sold really good. Just wait for DC to promote the hell out of Justice League of America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"