Legends New to the books.

The Squirrel

Le Rongeur
Reaction score
So I've never really read any of the Star Wars books, but I'm about to borrow the Thrawn Trilogy from my brother. I'm looking for some suggestions about where I should go from there. What are some good jumping on points for the newer books?

You want post-RotJ or anything?

If so, I'd say go for the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, I Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole, The Hand of Thrawn Duology by Timothy Zahn and then the entire NJO series.

Prequel and other eras: Shatterpoint, Maze of Deception, Dark Rendezvous, Revan, Darth Plagueis and Labyrinth of Evil.

Should be a good start.

They're oldies, but u could also check out the Han Solo trilogy by Ann C. Crispin if ur up for it: The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit and Rebel Dawn.

Thanks for starting this thread! I'm only vaguely familiar with the EU. Are there any novels with Kyle Katarn as the lead or where he has a big part?

Unfortunately, no. And that needs to be rectified, pronto.

If you check on Wookiepedia there's a full time-line of the books from as early in the SW history as possible all the way through to the end...

I just read Death Troopers yesterday, it was my first Star Wars novel and foray into the Expanded Universe, and I enjoyed it. It's essentially a zombie story set about a year before A New Hope. A quick and easy read, worth checking out, but keep in mind that it gets rather grim and graphically violent, so it might not be your thing if you prefer the more fantastical nature of the movies.

I've been researching and The Dark Nest trilogy seems up my alley. How would those of you who've read it, rate it?

Last edited:
4/10

Some interesting elements that follow up the Vong war, but the characters and their motivations are starting to go south, leading to the awful Legacy of the Force ennealogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"