New 'Too Human' Scans...

I'm going to like, wait, to see the game (the actual game) at E3, before hyping it to the moon without knowing any details.

I love that the people saying it's too hyped or "lets wait until we see something real" or commenting on it's art style are also the same people that like and hype endlessly awful crap games like Metal Gear.

DrugDealer said:
I love that the people saying it's too hyped or "lets wait until we see something real" or commenting on it's art style are also the same people that like awful crap games like Metal Gear.

MGS and crap are two things that should never be in the same sentence together, out of pure respect. :o

Respect for what? It's crappy story that is presented as "good" by idiots that think having lots of cut scenes and terribly written dialog that tries way too hard to sound smart and ends up just sounding guitared = "great story, rivals hollywood!"? It's crappy gameplay, that can't decide if it wants to be a stealth game or an action game, and so it tries to do both and doesn't excel at either? The mediocre graphics that were squealed over because it was metal gear and nothing else? There's nothing to respect about the series or it's creators, who are some of the most over hyped junkware factories on the planet. Metal gear is crap, period.

DrugDealer said:
Respect for what? It's crappy story that is presented as "good" by idiots that think having lots of cut scenes and terribly written dialog that tries way too hard to sound smart and ends up just sounding guitared = "great story, rivals hollywood!"? It's crappy gameplay, that can't decide if it wants to be a stealth game or an action game, and so it tries to do both and doesn't excel at either? The mediocre graphics that were squealed over because it was metal gear and nothing else? There's nothing to respect about the series or it's creators, who are some of the most over hyped junkware factories on the planet. Metal gear is crap, period.

Breath. It helps. ;)

People know what to generally expect with Metal Gear, and that is awesome.

On the topic of Too Human, the game is definately gettign overhyped here. It's from Silicon Knights, not god. Let's wait until we actually know anything about the game. I mean honestly, this could very well blow up in people's faces like Halo 2. "deepest combat, deepest story" I doubt it will have a signifigantly deep story, well it will probably be a deeper story than Halo 2... does it qualify as a deep story? :o

Zenien said:
People know what to generally expect with Metal Gear, and that is awesome.

On the topic of Too Human, the game is definately gettign overhyped here. It's from Silicon Knights, not god. Let's wait until we actually know anything about the game. I mean honestly, this could very well blow up in people's faces like Halo 2. "deepest combat, deepest story" I doubt it will have a signifigantly deep story, well it will probably be a deeper story than Halo 2... does it qualify as a deep story? :o

Yeah the hype is getting pretty bad for it... Not quite up to HALO2 level yet though :) I am ignoring most of the hype... The fact that its like God of War in a Sci-Fi setting is plenty to sell me on the concept.

And Its alright Zen... Most of us love MGS and want to make sweet sweet love to Kojima's squishy pink brain. :up:

Oh I'm sold on the concept, that's for sure, we just don't know enough to be heaping undo praise upon it.

And yes, MG is awesome, awesome is MG. :)

No no no, metal gear is a giant steaming pile of crap, it's one of the worst most over hyped series' ever made that gets carried by subpar graphics that idiots think are somehow good and a subpar story that idiots also think is somehow good. Wake up people, Metal Gear games blow ash!

I have to admit that I cried at the end of MGS3. The best ending I have ever seen in a videogame. I felt Big Boss's pain and that's probably the only time a game did this to me.

I also feel sad in Twin Snakes when Wolf died. Poor Otacon...

TheCardPlayer said:
I have to admit that I cried at the end of MGS3. The best ending I have ever seen in a videogame. I felt Big Boss's pain and that's probably the only time a game did this to me.

It was hokey and it was corny. :down:

Phaser said:
It was hokey and it was corny. :down:
Since the beginning of the series, the shadow of Big Boss was always looming. We spent two games fighting him and now his ''sons'' we're at war.

In MGS3 we finally got to see what transformed him into the monster he later became and caused all the events in the Solid franchise...and it was one bad place of a emotional moment. The man killed the woman who taught him everything just to protect some government slip up. The woman he loved the most would go down in history as a criminal who is going to be hated by millions.

I felt his rage. When he is at Boss's tomb, I wept. Powerful moment.

TheCardPlayer said:
Since the beginning of the series, the shadow of Big Boss was always looming. We spent two games fighting him and now his ''sons'' we're at war.

In MGS3 we finally got to see what transformed him into the monster he later became and caused all the events in the Solid franchise...and it was one bad place of a emotional moment. The man killed the woman who taught him everything just to protect some government slip up. The woman he loved the most would go down in history as a criminal who is going to be hated by millions.

bag.

WeeZiTe said:

LOL! I like you cardplayer so don't take this the wrong way but I thought reading that response after such an emotional and heartfelt post was just funny (and plus I assume it isn't meant in a serious way).

BTW WeeZ you owe me a mouthful of coke and a new monitor.

WeeZiTe said:
Hahahah!

Anyways, Metal Gear isn't that great a series. I'd more look forward to a Ghost Recon or a SplinterCell game. They're usually popular but I don't see why. Pretty simple design overall. Not "next-gen" gameplay.

TheCardPlayer said:

Truthfully, I pretty much felt the same way. Guess I'm a bag too. :(

Why is it that you can only get away with using "bag" as a joke in the video game forum? :confused:
I see "bag" in every thread.

Go anywhere else and call your best friend in the world a "bag" and POW!

lame

TheCardPlayer said:

Please. If it weren't for Harry Gregson Williams' score, I would have nearly killed myself laughing at Kojima's amusing and deliberate attempt at trying to make that pretentious scene even remotely "emotional".

Besides, the whole "hero-disguised-as-villain" angle was already done infinitely better in MGS2 with Solidus Snake and his final moment reaching for the George Washington statue. Now that was what can be called as a truly powerful moment. Because it was subtle, it had meaning and the score complemented that perfectly. While in the case of MGS3, it was literally dragging itself, shoved right in our faces and was instantly apparent that Kojima was just trying too damn hard to make you cry (or even make you care). No one except the most gullible suckers would fall for such chicanery.

Solidus was a villain and he sure wasn't no disguised hero. Sure he wanted to liberate the people from the Patriots but he was going to sacrifice all the hostages for that, and he already killed a boatload of people ,so I hated him.

Furthermore, he got pwned by Ocelot and by Raiden. Liquid was miles ahead in terms on coolness.

TheCardPlayer said:
Solidus was a villain and he sure wasn't no disguised hero. Sure he wanted to liberate the people from the Patriots but he was going to sacrifice all the hostages for that, and he already killed a boatload of people ,so I hated him.
The ends would have justified the means.

On the topic of Solidus and MGS2.

Am I the only one that was..confused by the end? I still can't figure out what was going on. What are The Patriots? The remnants/descendants of the Philosophers or some kind of super AI that comes from the White House?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Why is it that you can only get away with using "bag" as a joke in the video game forum? :confused:
I see "bag" in every thread.

Go anywhere else and call your best friend in the world a "bag" and POW!

lame

How you doing bag? :confused:

TheCardPlayer said:

Solidus reminds me of General Frank Hummel in The Rock. Sure, both adopt questionable means to achieve their goals but it doesn't change the fact that both were in fact, ultimately noble and bitter from the injustice perpetrated by the ruling powers.

"Jack, it's not power I want. What I want to take back from the Patriots are things like... freedom, civil rights, opportunities. The founding principles of this country. Everything that's about to be wiped out by their digital censorship. "

That quote and his reaching for the George Washington statue at Federal Hall right before his final breath shows that he was a true patriot.

Furthermore, he got pwned by Ocelot and by Raiden.

I can say the same for The Boss, who got pwned by "Naked" Snake. :rolleyes:

Liquid was miles ahead in terms on coolness.

How is that meaningly babble even relevant to this discussion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"