new trailer 2/17/11

Epic trailer. Liked it better than the first one released.

Looks really good actually. Funny how Thor has that viking-esque attitude at first.

A good time to be a comic book fan!

This drink... I like it! ANOTHER! *throws cup on the floor* :woot:

Best Thor trailer yet!

Might be alone then, but I am fearing this could be like a more cheesy Iron Man. Which ain't a good sign.
Yes, have humor but the standard facebook gag?

Leaps better than the teaser. The second half was awesome.

But the first half? :dry:

First Class still has the best trailer of all the Summer superhero films. Still awaiting Captain America, and the second GL trailer, I guess.

Anyone notice in the pan over the little New Mexico town, there's a billboard that says "Land of Enchantment... Journey into Mystery"? :funny:

What didn't you like about it?

Well, the comedy felt really sophomoric -- even just the taser moment. I love the "Another!" moment, but other than that....

The story doesn't tell a story. It's just a random selection of clips slapped together. What a guy in a hospital? What a guy on a rainbow bridge? What a guy and a hammer? Frost giants? That's cool...I...guess...

The CGI looked fairly terrible and rushed, almost as if this trailer was released as a response to the hype of X-Men. Complete scenes that just looked like animatic material -- the crazy monster at the end, the shot of Thor before the THOR title came up. Just bad green screen. I was hoping Marvel's cheapness wasn't going to show but -- sadly -- it is badly.

Also,

I know not every movie should be The Dark Knight, but just watch the X-Men trailer even. There's a gravitas there, there's a journey be spoken about in two simple lines at the end. What does this have?

I also really disliked how much product placement was in the trailer alone.

Last edited:
the facebook comment followed by a big dr.Pepper soda machine made me laugh.

That shot of the inner halls of Asgard at 1:26... :wow:

Leaps better than the teaser. The second half was awesome.

But the first half? :dry:

First Class still has the best trailer of all the Summer superhero films. Still awaiting Captain America, and the second GL trailer, I guess.

And what was so good about the First Class trailer?

Xavier and Magneto playing chess?

Might be alone then, but I am fearing this could be like a more cheesy Iron Man. Which ain't a good sign.
Yes, have humor but the standard facebook gag?
"I don't want to see this on your, MySpace."

:dry: Oh no! MySpace was okay! BUT DEAR LORD NOT FACEBOOK!

This drink...I like it, ANOTHER! *SMASH!

The quotes keep getting better!

The trailer was great, as far as I'm concerned. First one that really gives me an idea of how the finished film and some of the battles will look. When Thor knocks that one frost giant back like 20 feet, I was like :wow:

YEEEEEEEAH BUDDY

That was good. THe coffee scene had me laughing. I liked it better than the first one. Really looking to be a good movie

The trailer was great, as far as I'm concerned. First one that really gives me an idea of how the finished film and some of the battles will look. When Thor knocks that one frost giant back like 20 feet, I was like :wow:

Looked like it hurt. It practically smashed his face lmfao!

Awesome trailer. Man I can't wait to see this.

I loved the scene in that last pic. You can hear the conflict in Hemsworth's voice, since he's presumably talking to his beloved brother but he knows what Loki's doing is totally wrong.

Honestly dont see people's problem with this trailer, just watched it a second time and really enjoyed it.

The first trailer was a good intro to the universe, but this finally has the epic vibe and huge wide explisive shots that I was yearning for the first time around. This film now just looks ****ing awesome, and Hemsworth has such a perfect kickass voice. Super Jacked!

The first trailer was a good intro to the universe, but this finally has the epic vibe and huge wide explisive shots that I was yearning for the first time around. This film now just looks ****ing awesome, and Hemsworth has such a perfect kickass voice. Super Jacked!

True that!:up:

And what was so good about the First Class trailer?

Xavier and Magneto playing chess?

Well, yes. That one scene was better than anything seen in this trailer.

The shots at the end of the trailer were nice and showed the "scope" in a way, but it was pretty generic overall. The "funny" moments were awful.

Still looking forward to the film. Just not a fan of any of the trailers.

Last edited:
All i am saying is, don't get too overconfident and raise your hopes too high because you feel you have to as fans

I could picture someone spoofing Thor's behavior on Earth on Youtube. Like how people spoof TDK Batman voice.

Going around in stores and saying ANOTHER! Then smashing toys, drinks, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"