new trailer 2/17/11

Wow, I'm shocked at how many are on board this crap

Well, yes. That one scene was better than anything scene in this trailer.

The shots at the end of the trailer were nice and showed the "scope" in a way, but it was pretty generic overall. The "funny" moments were awful.

Still looking forward to the film. Just not a fan of any of the trailers.

Nah, the X-men trailer was nothing special.

Want me to pay to watch Mutant Kids?

Thor trailer ain't great, but it ain't Mutant kids.

Sorry,

So was this the final trailer before the movie's release, or will there be one more?

most likely, but there will be a ton new tv spot footage before may.
could be wrong.

the facebook comment followed by a big dr.Pepper soda machine made me laugh.

I have a feeling Thor will have a facebook page (set up for him) before the end credits, marvel won't be able to resist the lols.

Well, the comedy felt really sophomoric -- even just the taser moment. I love the "Another!" moment, but other than that....

The story doesn't tell a story. It's just a random selection of clips slapped together. What a guy in a hospital? What a guy on a rainbow bridge? What a guy and a hammer? Frost giants? That's cool...I...guess...

The CGI looked fairly terrible and rushed, almost as if this trailer was released as a response to the hype of X-Men. Complete scenes that just looked like animatic material -- the crazy monster at the end, the shot of Thor before the THOR title came up. Just bad green screen. I was hoping Marvel's cheapness wasn't going to show but -- sadly -- it is badly.

Also,

I know not every movie should be The Dark Knight, but just watch the X-Men trailer even. There's a gravitas there, there's a journey be spoken about in two simple lines at the end. What does this have?

when marvel has humor it's an interesting tone, when DC adds humor it's a silly movie that's trying to be iron man....just saying.

Anyways these are all legitimate points. However Fox is notorious for their trailer making ability.

I love how a thread swarms with traffic after one of these trailers, and it's cool how each release tries to one up the last. I'm glad they seem to have addressed the scope issues, looks pretty good now.

Last edited:
And what was so good about the First Class trailer?

Xavier and Magneto playing chess?

It's the mood and total composition of the XFC trailer. And it had a money shot you really hadn't seen before, and one that promised more to come.

A generic monster coming out of ice and chasing a girl on a clear green screen and then Thor staring ominously at said green scan.

Whoop...

I really was underwhelmed by all the previously released footage but this just sold me. The action( though there was only glimpses) definitely hints at some epic s**t. And I'm glad they aren't taking this too seriously. I always felt taking Thor too seriously is his downfall, but seeing that coffee scene was great. Reminded me of Brave and the Bold's Aquaman. :up:

Nah, the X-men trailer was nothing special.

Want me to pay to watch Mutant Kids?

Thor trailer ain't great, but it ain't Mutant kids.

Sorry,

funny how you say mutant kids as an insult when that is what they are in the comics

I have a feeling thor will be found worthy of his mallet after facing down the destroyer sans costume.

spoiler.

Everything was funny, but it does seem like people here don't have much of a sense of humor.

This isn't a hardcore drama, this is a summer blockbuster. Humor is good.

Exactly its a film about a fantastical viking god showing up on earth against his will and uninvited so there should be some ridiculous moments where he blatently is not fitting in. It looks great!

I love the new trailer. Much more than the first one and the Super Bowl spot. For the first time, I really want to watch this movie.

The story doesn't tell a story. It's just a random selection of clips slapped together. What a guy in a hospital? What a guy on a rainbow bridge? What a guy and a hammer? Frost giants? That's cool...I...guess...
A god is sent to earth, has trouble fitting in, must stop his brother from wiping out an entire species. Or is that not a story?

And anyone who saw the first trailer would have no trouble putting the entire story together instead of just that framework.

We need more stills becuz there were alot of epic very quickly edited shots.

The owner of my comic shop said he thought Thor looked dumb. That made me a bit sad, but everything I've seen from the trailers and such looks good to me so far. I'm a little worried about general audience perception now, but I'm still personally excited for it.

And that scene where thor smashes the rainbow bridge looks huge and also looks to really put his powers on full display.

The one money shot I still cant believe we havent gotten is a shot of thor standing there looking like a badass brimming with lightning and glowing eyes. I want glowing eyes god dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED the new trailer. It got me pumped for Thor again after the drought of info.

A god is sent to earth, has trouble fitting in, must stop his brother from wiping out an entire species. Or is that not a story?

And anyone who saw the first trailer would have no trouble putting the entire story together instead of just that framework.

That's the problem. most people don't watch trailers like fans, and put two and two together like this.

We need more stills becuz there were alot of epic very quickly edited shots.

Cuz the CGI looked horrid

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem. most people don't watch trailers like fans, and put two and two together like this.
The story is blatantly obvious. The general audience isn't stupid.

I remember when IronMan came out, the scene where he's talking about turning the robot arm into spare parts if he sprayed him again? I walked out of the theater, completely ruined the movie for me.:woot:

I also stopped buying comic books because they kept putting random humor in them too.

The story is blatantly obvious. The general audience isn't stupid.
Well, that's debatable. However, I agree that the general audience isn't so stupid that they'd miss the story from what the trailer gives us. ;)

I don't know. It doesn't look as bad as Green Lantern. Just looks very by-the-book, as in nothing that makes it stands out from other movies this summer. I'll watch it because it's Thor but I don't expect to be blown away.

Well, the comedy felt really sophomoric -- even just the taser moment. I love the "Another!" moment, but other than that....

Just got home from work and watched the entire thing this time.

I agree with some of the humour. I can already tell that stupid girl with the glasses is going to be annoying as all bad place, and her humour is going to be the kind that makes you want to roll your eyes or cringe.

The CGI looked fairly terrible and rushed, almost as if this trailer was released as a response to the hype of X-Men. Complete scenes that just looked like animatic material -- the crazy monster at the end, the shot of Thor before the THOR title came up. Just bad green screen. I was hoping Marvel's cheapness wasn't going to show but -- sadly -- it is badly.

I'm sure a good amount of it will be cleaned up by the time of it's release. That's how it is with most movies.

I know not every movie should be The Dark Knight, but just watch the X-Men trailer even. There's a gravitas there, there's a journey be spoken about in two simple lines at the end. What does this have?

I also really disliked how much product placement was in the trailer alone.

I'm still looking forward to Thor, but it looks like it might be a fullblown action film with some bad humour and not much else. Should be a fun ride at the very least.

Who knows, this is just a trailer and there could actually be a lot of heart and drama to the film. I'll have to see the entire film before I judge it.

As for the product placement, I don't care about the pop tarts one. The Facebook one like the Myspace one in IM is stupid. Even dumber because that annoying girl is the one who says it of course. I wish people would make films with humour, but not needing an actual comedy relief character. I hope she doesn't have too many lines, she's the main if only negative for me really, at this point.

The best part of the trailer was seeing The Destroyer next to 7-11.

Slurpee!

I don't know who asked about Thor wearing his suit on Earth, it might have been in another thread, but that scene where he tells Jane that he will return has him wearing the suit in the desert.

Of course, there is some humor, and it's automotically a comedy!

There must be NO comedy in trailers! It must be serious! Therefore the film will suck! They're taking away the opportunity for it to be a serious film! And once that happens, they'll take away our guns!

I dug the trailer. I loved the coffee cup part. The action looks sick and I loved the "I do not plan to die today" line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"