new trailer 2/17/11

I'm still looking forward to Thor, but it looks like it might be a fullblown action film with some bad humour and not much else. Should be a fun ride at the very least.

Who knows, this is just a trailer and there could actually be a lot of heart and drama to the film. I'll have to see the entire film before I judge it.

As for the product placement, I don't care about the pop tarts one. The Facebook one like the Myspace one in IM is stupid. Even dumber because that annoying girl is the one who says it of course. I wish people would make films with humour, but not needing an actual comedy relief character. I hope she doesn't have too many lines, she's the main if only negative for me really, at this point.

Kat Dennings, yeah. Hot as bad place. Amazing rack. Look up her topless photos sometime. :o

I don't know who asked about Thor wearing his suit on Earth, it might have been in another thread, but that scene where he tells Jane that he will return has him wearing the suit in the desert.
He's also wearing the undersuit of his armor when Jane first hits him with the car earlier in the trailer. It just looks like a normal shirt and pants, though.

A god is sent to earth, has trouble fitting in, must stop his brother from wiping out an entire species. Or is that not a story?

And anyone who saw the first trailer would have no trouble putting the entire story together instead of just that framework.

it's so easy isn't it.
by that analysis all the movies of the past 10 years that critics have said have no story in fact do.

After X-men first class and this trailer, all I have to say, LOL Green Lantern.

Kat Dennings, yeah. Hot as bad place. Amazing rack. Look up her topless photos sometime. :o

She's definitely hot, and those topless photos are great! It's not her that's annoying, but her character I should say.

Not too shabby, I enjoyed it. Basically all those things that happened to Thor in the original books brought to 21st century Earth.

This might be a better question to ask in the script thread, but the hammer and thor don't get sent to earth at the same time do they?

it's so easy isn't it.
by that analysis all the movies of the past 10 years that critics have said have no story in fact do.
That is the story as expressed through this trailer. The actual film's story is obviously much more in-depth, and is primarily about one brother's hubris vs the other's jealousy.

Not too shabby, I enjoyed it. Basically all those things that happened to Thor in the original books brought to 21st century Earth.
Except for the part where he actually has a full life as a human. But I can excuse that in the name of expediency. I'll miss Blake, but human-Thor looks like it'll work well enough for the movie's purposes.

I can already tell he's going to clash with Stark and relate to Cap a bit more.

You never know. I could see him liking Tony's hedonistic ways. Thor was a pretty hard partyer in Asgard. Lots of drinking and ladies in his past. :)

Still reeling from no Cap trailer but the THOR trailer was just pure epic FUN!!

Loved it. And the humor here worked for me. Not forced, but natural. Natalie & Kat Dennings = :hrt: I don't share other people's opinions about the funny bits. When done right, and genuinely amusing, humor's a great way to lure in the general audience. My husband loved this trailer; it had him barking out laughs a few times. And the big "money" shots on Asgard and with the Frost Giants made him drop his jaw.

Have to admit, Thor in the diner made me fall more in love with him. Even more than seeing him without his shirt on. :awesome:

Last edited:
You never know. I could see him liking Tony's hedonistic ways. Thor was a pretty hard partyer in Asgard. Lots of drinking and ladies in his past. :)

Hahaha. Now that's a scene. Tony and Thor having a beer together.

Good. Liked the first one better, but this is still decent. Some of the humor was hit or miss, I liked the coffee bit, it reminded me of that terrible Hulk TV movie where he was jonesing for beer all the time. And Natalie Portman, man, enough can't be said about her. They needed to extend that slow motion running a bit longer :fhm:

I see a nice contrast between asgard and earth. Some of the coloring effects looks pretty cool. Ads to the epicness of the scene.

Asgard is very kirby-esque it seems

Man I get so bummed!

I just saw the trailer and got completely giddy like a little school girl who had just been kissed by Justin Bieber, to find people on here still finding holes to pick at it.

The trailer was fabulous! It displayed a bit more of the story and acting and also humour. And the effects look good for a Marvel film! I certainly wouldn't complain about them!

When he took that drink in the diner and smashed it - I was completely sold!

Looked good to me and come on guys you telling me that you want to sit through a two hour movie and not laugh once i think the humour was funny but it wasn't that bad!! The action looks great!!! This got me more pumped up for Summer!!!

May will come, time will pass, and y'all will see Branagh screwed up Thor.

Just telling it like how it's going to be

I liked the humor that we saw. Nothing too over the top or cheesy. I like having a little bit of humor in my big summer blockbusters.

Man I get so bummed!

I just saw the trailer and got completely giddy like a little school girl who had just been kissed by Justin Bieber, to find people on here still finding holes to pick at it.

The trailer was fabulous! It displayed a bit more of the story and acting and also humour. And the effects look good for a Marvel film! I certainly wouldn't complain about them!

When he took that drink in the diner and smashed it - I was completely sold!

Looked good to me and come on guys you telling me that you want to sit through a two hour movie and not laugh once i think the humour was funny but it wasn't that bad!! The action looks great!!! This got me more pumped up for Summer!!!

Why does it matter what other people thought of it? You (and the majority of us here, it seems) loved it. That's enough. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"