Superman Returns New Trailer with X-MEn 3

Waitaminit.

Superman can take a bullet to the EYE? Cool!

I've not been round here before, so I've just gotta say the trailer blew me away and reduced any doubts I had. The most interesting thing I've seen is the sheer force Supes lands with in the first full trailer. Does anyone know what I mean?

I gives a real good impression of speed AND power...

Superman \S/ said:
For sure, he flys through it. As he's flying down toward the plane you see the object coming straight for him. He lowers his head and i guess he flys through it.
\

hmmm You may indeed be right on second looks.... it does look as though he is going to bust right through it.... which is what I want.... for some reason I thought he flies around it..... but maybe not ..Perhaps it is just the way he is flying with the movements it looks as though he is avoiding debris at first

Weadazoid said:
\

hmmm You may indeed be right on second looks.... it does look as though he is going to bust right through it.... which is what I want.... for some reason I thought he flies around it..... but maybe not ..Perhaps it is just the way he is flying with the movements it looks as though he is avoiding debris at first

I'm pretty sure he does fly through it, he doesn't hafe time to avert it because the plane is about to crash.

Agentdemon said:
I'm pretty sure he does fly through it, he doesn't hafe time to avert it because the plane is about to crash.

and thats how it should be even though he has the speed to deflty avodi the wing... he shouldn't have to.... that is what seperates him from a character like Spiderman... why avoid... when you can simply smash through and emerge unscathed.

if it goes down that way I will be happy and it will make for a great sceane that shakes audeinces and shows off de man power threshold

Weadazoid said:
\

Meh, i'm sure he flies through it. :up:

Tzigone said:
Any idea when this one will make it to the net?
Maybe as early as Tuesday. When the first trailer was released it was out the Tuesday before it came out in theaters.

The final shot is the best though. A slow mo bullet fired at supes face as he casually walks towards the shooter. It hits his eyeball and melts as a normal bullet would if it hit something extremely hard, then drops to the floor, followed by a small grin!

And now Superman's "Badass Points" have been raised by several points. :eek::up:

I would go to the movie just to see that, in IMAX!

mad-sci said:
Hey, just got back from watching DVC here in the UK (not that bad, but definitely NOT a summer movie), and I saw the new international trailer. As much as I liked the first one, the second one shows loads more new footage as well as more money shots (you can see where the budget's being spent).

Things I noticed / remembered:-

- The trailer starts with a dark blank screen and Lois's voiceover of "How could you leave us like that? / Where did you go?

- We don't see Routh speak (I know some are gonna hate that), but we DO see all 3 versions of his character:-
When Clark's at the DP and greeting Lois, there's this hilarious sequence where Clark and Lois keep moving in for a greeting kiss, then clumsily changing sides
When we see Clark at the farm without glasses, we see a more relaxed attitude (i.e. the REAL him)
As Superman, we see great shots of him flying and so forth.

- I don't remember seeing any Perry, Jimmy or Richard, or Lex's henchmen.

-Luthor's introduction into the trailer involves the intro from the first trailer, some more shots in the FOS, as well as a greeting to Lois Lane (Judging by the dialogue, it sounds like this Lois and Lex have met before and have some kind of history). We do get more of the megalomaniac Luthor than campy Hackman Luthor when we hear him tell Lois that he has advanced alien technology and there's nothing anybody can do to stop him. The 'WRONG!' scene is still there, as is the stabbing shot from the 1st TV spot.

- Other shots we see are more of New Krypton, a Kryptonite missile (?) being launched.

- We see a slightly more extended shot of Superman flying off into space, and a bit more of Jor-El.

- Two memorable scenes are:- a) an extension of the plane sequence where we see the first wing get ripped off, and Superman come spinning out of control towards the camera, and b)a shot of Superman (unconcious?) freefalling down to Earth.

- There is no Superman Returns title given, we only see the 'S' shield on screen, with the outline glistening (hard to describe, but looks nice).

-For the bullet sequence, the thug who shoots at Superman with the machine gun pulls out a handgun a couple of feet away, so the camera shows both characters on screen. The gun is fired and everything goes slow-mo, and we zoom in and swivel to see the bullet hit Superman's eye, crush on impact and fall to the ground (the audience I saw this with laughed and kept saying how cool it was). Quick shot of the thug looking shocked, and Superman staring at him, looking down and grinning.

All in all, this was a more action type trailer, with more money shots.

Sounds Great.

But I still want more speaking Routh.

Anyway, was there earthquakes???

Anyway, was there earthquakes???

Yeah, there was this cool shot outside the Daily Planet where the street seems to shake, and all the manhole covers explode, with lava / fire pouring out.

mad-sci said:
Yeah, there was this cool shot outside the Daily Planet where the street seems to shake, and all the manhole covers explode, with lava / fire pouring out.

Cool.

does anyone know when its going to be online?

are they ****ing insane? they realesed a trailer and they didnt put it online? now we will have to wait until monday or tuesday because trailers never come online on the weekend.

damn you WB :D

Will new trailer be released on TV???

And is it 2nd full or international trailer???
:confused:

Can you report exactly the crowd reaction?

When you first heard Lois's voiceover and the blank screen asking "Where did you go?", some people were wondering who they were talking about (some people guessed Superman). As for the trailer itself, I didn't hear any reactions, but I did see that everyone around mw was focused on the screen.

The bullet shot took place after the S shield came up, and got a lot of people laughing, and talking to each other (a more impressed reaction).

And is it 2nd full or international trailer???

I'm convinced that this is the International trailer, since there was no release date given (so it could be played in a number of different countries). On top of that, I've only ever seen the HP4 and BB international trailers here in th UK, and not the US ones.

mad-sci said:
When you first heard Lois's voiceover and the blank screen asking "Where did you go?", some people were wondering who they were talking about (some people guessed Superman). As for the trailer itself, I didn't hear any reactions, but I did see that everyone around mw was focused on the screen.

The bullet shot took place after the S shield came up, and got a lot of people laughing, and talking to each other (a more impressed reaction).

PEOPLE+CRITICS+FANS+:supes: =HIGH NUMBERS IN BOX OFFICE.

This is my own formula :)

will we hear ottmans new superman theme?

Ita-KalEl said:
Marvel fanboys before the new Superman Trailer

angry_baby_head.JPG

Marvel fanboys after the new Superman Trailer

86129085_f96c8c2ce8_m.jpg

Marvel fanboys after XMEN-The Last Stand

crying_baby.jpg

;)

I'm joking :D

i just saw this, LMAO! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back