The Dark Knight New York Times set visit (A Must SEE)

"and tonight, you're going to break your own rule.." I'm pretty sure Joker will say this line duting the interrogation's scene.

I dunno, I think it may come nearer the end. Now, this is pure speculation, but I think "the plan" that The Joker refers to...is trying to drive Batman to kill him. All the manipulation of the mob, all the crimes, all the chaos, all the murder, it's all just essentially a big diversion, tools to move forward his real plan, a very personal one to force Batman to kill him and therefore destroy everything he stands for. But hey, that's just my opinion...

I dunno, I think it may come nearer the end. Now, this is pure speculation, but I think "the plan" that The Joker refers to...is trying to drive Batman to kill him. All the manipulation of the mob, all the crimes, all the chaos, all the murder, it's all just essentially a big diversion, tools to move forward his real plan, a very personal one to force Batman to kill him and therefore destroy everything he stands for. But hey, that's just my opinion...
That's why "It's all.....Part of the Plan" :hoboj:

I have a similar suspicion - not necessarily for Batman to kill him, but IMO, I think Joker's "ultimate plan" is simply to become Batman's arch-rival, or the "anti-Batman." In other words, to cause enough chaos, destruction, and death to cement his name as the #1 villain in Gotham, and #1 foe of Batman. Hence, he attempts to take down the mob (or what's left of it), the police force (which is still partially corrupt), and just about everyone else.

I think it would be fitting that Joker's ultimate goal is simply a vain attempt to gain infamy and sate his ego. It would be a nice contrast from the League of Shadow's planned-out conspiracy to destroy the city for supposed "moral" reasons. Instead, we get a madman who doesn't want to destroy Gotham, but instead treat it like a giant playground to entertain his whims.

I doubt that's it, the Joker loves to destroy Batman, but his grand plan seems like its much larger in scope.

Personal opinion: The Joker is trying to turn Gotham, and the world, into a cesspool of insanity, and does so by creating "The Rise of The Freaks."

I doubt that's it, the Joker loves to destroy Batman, but his grand plan seems like its much larger in scope.

Personal opinion: The Joker is trying to turn Gotham, and the world, into a cesspool of insanity, and does so by creating "The Rise of The Freaks."
Isnt that his overall purpose? :yay:

Perhaps. I also think the "You've changed things. Forever. There's no going back..." dialogue is also from the interrogation room scene. It sounds like Joker is in a bare-bones, small environment, judging from the audio on the lines, which would fit that room well.
Yeah, exactly the reasons why I think the same way.

Why would u think that?
Because the Joker seems to be forced to talk...His voice was like...choked(by Batman IMO). And this interrogation scene looks like the only scene where Batman and Joker will have this kind of dialogue.

Interesting points...Like you said, they're all speculations.

Agreed. As I've said in the past, it's burned into Joker's brain to corrupt anything that is innocent or just, which is why he uses a clown's image and the toys. He believes there is an undercurrent of violence under everything, especially things ostensibly pure or good, and killing these things isn't enough--he has to expose that hidden evil.

There was an issue of Superman in which Joker poisoned Lois and convinced Superman the only way to get the cure was from Joker's own blood--but the process of creating the cure would kill the Joker. What Superman didn't know was that Lois--although she appeared to be dying--would survive without the cure, and that the Joker only wanted to trick Superman into killing him for nothing.

I've always loved that story; it really embodies to me what the Joker is about, and I'd love to see the Joker pull the same trick on Batman in TDK: try and force him to kill for nothing.

n13917164433884811625dxcu0.jpg

Joker: Batman? Pffft! That guy's a nancy, a queer, he's got loser written all over him.

22197019ve2.jpg

Joker: He's behind me, isn't he?

FIXED: Made it more Billy Crystal-ish.

Awesome pic.

I love discussing Joker's motives, and I'm glad it came up in this thread again. Great new article by the way, really exciting to see the NY times write something focusing on the film.

As for the Joker, I doubt anyone can nail down his motive directly or singularly, it's likely a combination of many of the ideas brought up here. My take on it, considering his name and appearance, is simply to comment on the inherent meaninglessness of life. I think he's trying to let the whole world see what a big joke it is to believe in anything worthwhile, in any sort of order, that in the end we are not here for a purpose, and that if a man like the Joker can exist at all and cause so much senseless violence, then the world is a truly worthless, meaningless place. Also, I'm throwing in the insanity of Batman and modern "civilization" in general as a lead up to that bigger idea.

What an interesting character. I think Heath's hate-filled/raging lunatic portrayal is going to help a lot of audiences catch on to the bigger ideas behind the Joker. It's about time the mainstream took him seriously.

There was an issue of Superman in which Joker poisoned Lois and convinced Superman the only way to get the cure was from Joker's own blood--but the process of creating the cure would kill the Joker. What Superman didn't know was that Lois--although she appeared to be dying--would survive without the cure, and that the Joker only wanted to trick Superman into killing him for nothing.

I've always loved that story; it really embodies to me what the Joker is about, and I'd love to see the Joker pull the same trick on Batman in TDK: try and force him to kill for nothing.

It's one of the better Superman stories IMO but you don't see people referencing it often for some reason. Maybe they're not aware of it since it was just a single issue story?

Anyway, the greatest part was when Superman [blackout]chose to not kill Joker in the end, thus letting Lois "die" despite the fact she's the love of his life and the most important person in the world to him. He'd rather let her die than kill a person for her cure.[/blackout] She was fine with his choice but if I remember correctly, this was around the time Lois started doubting their relationship...

Back on topic: I am in love with the new Joker pic! Heath has the perfect body type for the Joker. Just look at those shoulders, narrow frame, everything! :up: And indeed, we've seen the article just the day before but it deserves to be re-read (and re-read and re-read...). :)

Nice find!

Will Mr. Ledger’s death cast a pall over “The Dark Knight,” whose tragic plot turns already make it much darker than “Batman Begins”? “We’ll see,” said Mr. Robinov, of Warner Brothers. Mr. Nolan, for his part, said he felt a “massive sense of responsibility” to do right by Mr. Ledger’s “terrifying, amazing” performance.
“It’s stunning, it’s iconic,” he said. “It’s going to just blow people away.”

I think these are the most important quotes of the article.

I think Batman looks badass and Joker looks like The Crow. All in all, great pics.:applaud

About time we've gotten some good Joker pics! It seems since Heath died that any info and/or pics had come to near dead stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"