News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Wolverine' started by Crockett, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crockett

Crockett With Teeth

It may be too early since the movie is still in pre-production but I'd figure just open a thread so when a upcoming news pop we could post it here and also to discuss about the movie. Well since it's dry on the news I'd figure I could start a discussion.

Now for me it's quite odd that I should say that I'm looking forward to a sequel to Origins considering that it was disappointed but the news alone of Aronofsky coming onboard to direct was enough for me to get quite frankly, stoked. He's one of the greatest modern director and the news of Chris McQuarrie is doing script I'm beginning to get optimistic, not to mention it also won't connect to Origins. Now it's still Fox behind it but hopefully they learned that they shouldn't interfere that much and let Aronofsky do his thing and we will end up getting a fantastic film.

2. icelemt38

icelemt38 Well-Known Member

Hugh spoke to EW about Darren, and Hugh's conversation with "The Rock". Man gaining 25 pounds of muscle at his age? This man is truly dedicated to his role.
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2010/12/07/hugh-jackman-the-wolverine-darren-aronovsky/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainmentweekly%2Fmovie-critics+%28Entertainment+Weekly%2FEW.com%27s%3A+The+Movie+Critics%29&utm_content=Twitter

3. JP

JP Smelly

4. Aztec

Aztec Well-Known Member

Good to hear good things and excitement about this picture from some quality talent.

5. co2

co2 Well-Known Member

25lbs.?! Oh, I'm liking this Aronofsky.
    I have a feeling this film will be an appropriate apology for Origins...and all will be forgiven.

6. Savage

Savage Earth Rocker

Yeah, 25 lbs is a little...mmmuch. How big was he for the other movies? The guy is gonna dwarf Colossus and Sabretooth. If Omega Red ever makes it into a movie he'd have to be wrestler sized. And a big one too. I think Jackman is bigger than a lot of wrestlers as is.

7. Nightwing 52

Nightwing 52 Things change

Hugh is going out of his way for this film...love it. I'm truly excited for this one.

8. icelemt38

icelemt38 Well-Known Member

Hugh has gained about 20 lbs of muscle for Origins. So it's 5 lbs more than how big he's been in the last movie.

9. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Plus Hugh might have lost that muscle after filming Origins, so it's probably just five more lbs on what he already had before.

10. Savage

Savage Earth Rocker

Isn't Hugh an avid bodybuilder though? And has been for years? He's only been getting bigger with each movie. I'm gonna go ahead and google something on it.

11. co2

co2 Well-Known Member

The Claremont/Miller story is the Wolvie story he always wanted to put on screen according to him. In fact, he and the Producers first approached Fox with that desire and were "suggested" to do Origins first.
    I'm hoping this restores a good deal to the character and Hugh goes out on top considering this might be his last time. With 5 movies in 12 years, Hugh will have outlasted just about everybody in his portrayals of a famous comic book character. Shows a real love for the character.

12. hugekent

hugekent Well-Known Member

The problem with Jackman gaining too much weight is that he's 6'3 or whatever with a big build. He's going to look huge with that much muscle. Not really a problem if there's no Omega Red (which would be awesome btw) or Sabretooth, but it's worth noting.

13. Sgt.Pepper

Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

As odd as it may be, that Aronofsky is directing a superhero movie, I´m excited. It´s Aronofsky, you could not go wrong with that. :up:

14. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

Hugh said in a recent interview that it's hard for him to gain that much because he's "tall and lanky" so he really doesn't have a big build, but he does work out when he isn't prepping for Wolverine so it's not something he goes into cold. I've seen photos of him when he was younger before he ever worked out - he was what they call a "tall drink of water" - very lanky. His nickname in school was "Worm."

15. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

How is playing a character more times than anyone shows real love for the character? Did Roger Moore love James Bond more than Sean Connery because he played it more times?

16. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

I'm looking foward to this. I didn't absolutely hate Origins, but there was a lot wrong with it (how's that for an understatement?). Hope they get some things right this time around.

17. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

18. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Oh no, his eye looks awful. And it's all Oprah's fault. :oldrazz:

19. JP

JP Smelly

I guess they'll be forced to recast now that he's permanently disfigured.

20. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Nah, he can just play him as Patch now. :cwink:

21. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

so now he can wear his mask lol

22. narrows101

narrows101 Guest

23. steintym

steintym Stay Frosty

Looking pretty big.

24. DCUmoviepage

DCUmoviepage Across The Multiverse

Question: Bryan Singer is producing the Wolverine too?

25. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

As far as has been reported no.However his close friend Christopher Mcquarre who won
    an oscar for writing singer's The Usual suspects and also wrote Valkyrie and did uncredited writing on X-Men and worked on Singer's next directing film jack the Giant
    Killer wrote the script for the Wolverine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.