News on Legion of Superheroes

droogiedroogie2 said:
Batman Mask of the Phantasm: It was one of the best chapters in the DCAU, and remains my second-favorite superhero film. Too bad it had that same weak plot device of the Joker and Bruce's parents. I also wish Rupert Thorne could have been involved somehow. You're telling me that the Phantasm is knocking off mob bosses and Thorne doesn't get nervous?

The film didn't have that.

Yeah joker had nothing to do with his parents murders in MOTP.

Joker killed Bruce's girlfriend's father, back when Joker was a mab hitman.

So anyone know anything more about the Legion of Superheroes Animated Series?

Aside from the art posted in the other thread, not much else has come out.

Ok I am a bit lost here, when is this supposed to premire?
I only ask because of the WB UPN merger where this fall they are going to be introducing the new combined network CW.
Which as far as I have heard will only be keeping a handful of the shows from both networks.

Cartoon Network hasn't announced Legion of Superheroes yet, not officially.
They'll probably anounce it soon. The premiere will aire on Kids WB first and eventually move to Cartoon Network, maybe a week or three later.

Artistsean said:
They'll probably anounce it soon. The premiere will aire on Kids WB first and eventually move to Cartoon Network, maybe a week or three later.
or more acureately kids cw

Artistsean said:

Thanks

At this rate, I'm thinking its a January premier...given the lack of official announcement and all.

I doubt it.
It will probably be the terrible Teen Titans quaility.

It wont be even close to DCAU quality.
And it's a pre-crisis show also, so it wont be in the DCAU anyway.

...Sucks.

:(

At this point Warhammer, you'll be lucky if you get Teen Titans quality. :p

just been in the smallville forum and read the lawsuit thread. do you think the reason no announcements have been made is because they cant use superboy and maybe its not going ahead?

David Ford said:
The family of one of the Superman creators is suing as to who owns the rights to the creation of Superboy.
i thought the legion cartoon was using SUPERGIRL instead of superboy

No, despite Far From Home, the Legion cartoon will be using Superboy, not superGirl. Silly isn't it?

And let's face it, isn't Smallville the story of Superboy? A teenage Superman? I think royalties are owed.

oh i misunderstood because of far from homes storyline

So yeah, this WB bull**** embargoes because "the audience won't understand, seeing the same character in two shows" is bull****... i mean, we're having young Clark in both Smallville AND LoSH? Bull****. These guys are idiots.

BULL

Sounds like stupid programming suit talk to me.....suits shouldn't control what geeks watch, they don't get it.

It's some guys widow, who says that SHE owns th rights to Superboy, and there for Smallville and any other Superboy related media are in violation. She is a total controling ***** to me, and i hope i meet her, so i can smack her hard.

wouldn't she own the rights to SUPERMAN as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"