Next Assassin's Creed Game Reportedly Set During The Viking Age

Ive just cleared some of the locations, and doing the looting/location objectives/viewpoints, they are definitely much slower than completing a handful msg board missions, when it comes to leveling up. And I find the former more time consuming whereas msg board missions are so simple and quicker to finish. I just spent 4 hours and I only leveled up once. And looking at the map I was like holy crap, there's so much that I haven't visited. Finding the tablets though is a good incentive as it rewards an ability point.

Detailed Assassin's Creed Ragnarok Leak Supposedly Reveals Release Date and Co-Op Details
Detailed Assassin's Creed Ragnarok Leak Supposedly Reveals Release Date and Co-Op Details
1_Assassins-Creed-Ragnarok.jpg

There’s yet another Assassin’s Creed leak floating around online this week that doubles down on the idea of the next game being “Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok.” Even more than that, this leak claims to reveal information about everything from when the game will be announced to when it’ll be released and everything in between. It’s an extremely detailed leak that’s as questionable as any, but it’s got people talking once again about what the next Assassin’s Creed game might look like.

The leak appears questionable at the start due. It was Posted on Reddit by a user who saw it posted first on 4chan, so it’s already been run through the typical gaming leak gauntlet. The fact that it’s an exhaustive list of detailed parts of the game also raises eyebrows since many leaks try to be overly detailed to be convincing, but it’s got some eye-catching parts regardless.

For starters, it says the game will be released on September 29th for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and that it’ll also come to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. September 29th is a Tuesday which tracks with how games are typically released – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey released on a Friday but was playable on the Tuesday prior in early access – and imagining Ragnarok on the next-gen consoles isn’t too farfetched. The leak claims that the game will be announced in February at a PlayStation event, so we at least won’t have to wait too long to see if most of the information is bogus or not.

After laying that foundation, the leaked details get much more interesting. The leaker claims the game will have four-player co-op where you can drop in or out like Ghost Recon Wildlands and that this game will feature “heavy RPG mechanics” including classes. The hidden blade supposedly makes a return, and various systems like stealth and parkour have reportedly been upgraded in various ways. Other features like a reputation system have also supposedly been incorporated into the game.

Oh ok. Well classes could be interesting. Sounds like they’re almost aiming for an Overwatch sort of thing

Viking age hmmm. Could be interesting.

Very interesting but I think I'm finally done with the franchise. I enjoy the games but despite being a cool concept, I've never liked the present day stuff. Huge turn off after first couple of games!

I'm also burnt out as the franchise has been going for over 10 years with way more titles than that. I've had every console game in the main series. Currently have Origins and Odyssey installed and whenever I see them with my pinned games on my xbox, I often have no interest anymore and just go to different games including similar ones

Ubisoft just moved a lot of their Q1 games to the end of the year, so I'm skeptical about Ubisoft releasing the newest Assassin's Creed before the delayed Rainbow Seige/Watch Dogs.

Ubisoft just moved a lot of their Q1 games to the end of the year, so I'm skeptical about Ubisoft releasing the newest Assassin's Creed before the delayed Rainbow Seige/Watch Dogs.
I can believe it, because AC is a big title, and they will want to load up the holiday season with a pair of sellers, especially with the new console launches. Watch Dogs isn't a real seller.

They can release it this year and it'd be good news to me as I already expected them to release a new Ac this 2020.

Very interesting but I think I'm finally done with the franchise. I enjoy the games but despite being a cool concept, I've never liked the present day stuff. Huge turn off after first couple of games!

I'm also burnt out as the franchise has been going for over 10 years with way more titles than that. I've had every console game in the main series. Currently have Origins and Odyssey installed and whenever I see them with my pinned games on my xbox, I often have no interest anymore and just go to different games including similar ones

Likewise on the present day stuff in the game.

I'd like another Ac game set in a major city like in Syndicate and Unity but with a sea for the ship/boats/underwater areas. I've never been a huge fan of open world games with so much space for the wilderness, untouched land and seas of forest. I love Odyssey, but I usually prefer roaming around with lots of people in the background.

After Desmond and Enzio's story arcs, I always thought the series was leading to a game fully set in the present. I don't like the modern day elements but was curious what it would be like with a modern day assassin in modern major city going after modern day templars. Especially after seeing parkour videos with people dressed in AC cosplay

Likewise on the present day stuff in the game.
They need to bring back Desmond if they want me to care about the present story.

After Desmond and Enzio's story arcs, I always thought the series was leading to a game fully set in the present. I don't like the modern day elements but was curious what it would be like with a modern day assassin in modern major city going after modern day templars. Especially after seeing parkour videos with people dressed in AC cosplay
My big hope is that after this one we get a second game with Altair based on their mission to track down and kill Ghenghis Khan who has the sword of Eden.

You can revisit him make it feel completely organic (shoehorn the sword of Eden as the latest piece that the templars are after) and give Altair another two games and a trilogy worthy of the games first protagonist.

If it's a spinoff without the animus then yeah maybe

Appears the leaks have been debunked

Next Assassin's Creed WON'T Be Called Ragnarok, Most Leaks Inaccurate So Far

If it's a spinoff without the animus then yeah maybe
Im not opposed to that I just like the idea of using that to bring back Desmond as only he can interact with the memories of Altair.

Either or is fine with me as long as we eventually get that story. The lore built around it already could make for a totally new and revolutionary feel for a AC game in my opinion.

I mean not only is it a AC story its a real family story as well as he takes this mission on with his wife and son. So it could be almost a passing of the torch type story.

I may have asked you all already but what time period and settings that we haven't previously visited would you most like to see?

1. Viking Age
2. Feudal Japan
3. Arthurian Britain
4. Altair's Quest To Kill Genghis Khan
5. New York In The Roaring 20's

The present day story just doesn't seem to have a clear direction.
Yeah this is my feeling since they killed off Desmond. Whether you liked it or not Desmond was at least was a big part of the first 5 games and felt integral to the overall story.

Where as Black Flag which is easily one of the best AC games had that god awful faceless obstergo employee as the modern day element.

Without looking it up I honestly can't even tell you the name of the chick who's been our modern day protagonist over Origins & Odyssey.

I think they were setting up Juno as the big bad and it just didnt lead anywhere. Layla is boring.i didn't play the dlcs for Origins/ Odyssey so I might be missing something.

The Nordic Countries are probably featured in the next game but after that, I'd like to see
-Mongolia
-An European setting similar to Unity/Syndicate set in the early 20th century, I'm thinking Spain would be great.
-India.
-Somewhere in the South East Asia.
-Australian outback

Ubisoft won't ever do Japan. I don't want to see AC revisit Israel, Syria, Italy, America, Turkey, the Carribbean, France, UK, Egypt and Greece unless its for a cutscene and a short story mission. There are so many countries that they haven't featured yet.

Last edited:
Not a lot of history in the Australian outback. Still, the bush ranger era around the gold rush in the scrub might be fun I guess

I think it might look similar to Red Dead Redemption because of its terrain, but I don't think I've played any game that featured Australia especially the Outback. So I would like to see it even if the map would mostly feature barren wasteland.

Mad max was sort of set in Australia kind of. And ty the Tasmanian tiger. Love that game.

anyway, I wonder if they intended to do Vikings, took one look at god of war and just sort of revered into a bush Homer Simpson style

China’s ok but they’ve done it before. Korea would be really interesting and different

Mad max was sort of set in Australia kind of. And ty the Tasmanian tiger. Love that game.

anyway, I wonder if they intended to do Vikings, took one look at god of war and just sort of revered into a bush Homer Simpson style
I honestly think it will still be a Viking theme for the next game I just think a lot that was probably leaked about it that was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"