Next Batman Villain?

I like joker, penguin and others like the most of people who has seen the characters but all I see is people who vote for the same thing that we have already seen in movies. Joker has been used twice in movies, penguin is used already, catwoman is done to death and freeze is great and could be redone better. We need to see a villain or couple villains that has not been used in a movie I would like to see:

Mr. Freeze (Used yes but a much better, darker version that Arnold campy type)
Killer Croc (a mutated circus beast used to entertain)
Ventriliquist (A child kidnapper and killer who turns kids into puppets)
Evil Batman (My idea, a man with the same look, fighting, gadgets, cave, vehicle as
batman but a evil person to take him out, another rich tycoon)
Mad Hatter (Creepy, controlling)
Hugo Strange (A cameo only)

I like all batman villains but it is getting tiresome seeing the same villains over and over again on animated, live movies, etc lets get some variety. No Wonder why DC is failing its using the same thing over and over.

Todays wish list...

Based off of his initial appearances in the mid-eighties,I want to see Waylor Jones as a feared,vicious,bitter crime boss who's skin condition gets worse while his mind gradually deteriorates. Dr Thomas Elliot offers a cure which in reality makes Killer Croc's condition worse as Elliot's alter ego Hush secretly plots to take over organized crime. The Riddler attempts to embezzle money from both criminals. Croc catches him and tells him he'll spare his life if he discovers the identities of his two main rivals,Hush and Batman.

I like joker, penguin and others like the most of people who has seen the characters but all I see is people who vote for the same thing that we have already seen in movies. Joker has been used twice in movies, penguin is used already, catwoman is done to death and freeze is great and could be redone better. We need to see a villain or couple villains that has not been used in a movie I would like to see:

Mr. Freeze (Used yes but a much better, darker version that Arnold campy type)
Killer Croc (a mutated circus beast used to entertain)
Ventriliquist (A child kidnapper and killer who turns kids into puppets)
Evil Batman (My idea, a man with the same look, fighting, gadgets, cave, vehicle as
batman but a evil person to take him out, another rich tycoon)
Mad Hatter (Creepy, controlling)
Hugo Strange (A cameo only)

I like all batman villains but it is getting tiresome seeing the same villains over and over again on animated, live movies, etc lets get some variety. No Wonder why DC is failing its using the same thing over and over.
Everybody from Nolans trilogy need a nice long break. I disagree with the Penguin comment because he hasn't been done justice. Besides him, i agree with ur comments.

Strange could make a solid secondary villain. Both MadHatter and Ventriloquist can be done in a extremely disturbing way. Child abductions, etc. Really horrifying stuff. Not main villain status though.

Riddler is obvious but a good choice because it brings out the detective side of Batman and he's very marketable AND we've only seen the goofy side of Nigma over the years on film. A serious, dark, less gimmicky version would be great.

Killer Croc needs that skin condition but they dont need to get into the Lizard territory with him or Man-Bat. Even the sewer settings is not necessary. We've seen it with Penguin (Burton) and Bane (Nolan) and now in the latest Spider-Man. We need the huge black thug who perhaps is rumored around Gotham as a cannibal or something drastic like that. But it's just a part of his legend and nothing more. If Barsad was Bane's right hand man...almost like a Deadshot type character who aids the monstrous boss, then Killer Croc can be the monstrous right-hand man for a less physical lead villain. Like Nygma or Cobblepot or Sionis. A bodyguard to Strange works as well.

Last edited:
The first name that came to mind was Dr. Freeze. I'm not even sure about him but it's the first one I thought of.

I'd also like to see Killer Croc, Firefly, Riddler and maybe Hush and Prometheus.

Riddler. Make him like Simon Gruber from 'Die Hard With A Vengence'. A whole film of Batman in costume running around solving his puzzles would be awesome.

I predict WB goes with Riddler, Penguin and Freeze for the next 3. In that order. Unless they're aching to bring Joker back in film 3. Which i hope they dont do.

I can see cameos or smaller roles for Killer Croc, Black Mask, Hugo Strange, etc. Joker references.

YES!!! GREAT MINDS THlNK ALIKE!!! :D

They have things in common. Both Clayface and Strange have identity issues, both want to be seen as different people for different reasons. A solid combo there.

Riddler. Make him like Simon Gruber from 'Die Hard With A Vengence'. A whole film of Batman in costume running around solving his puzzles would be awesome.

I can't believe I'd never thought of this parallel before. Good one.

Very surprised Riddler getting most of the votes, but I'm not complaining since I voted for Riddler as well :woot:

Riddler's a great character, and he demands a mind challenge, which is something we haven't seen Batman actually do in the movies even though Batman does it tons in the comics and even the cartoons. Plus there's a dozen great ways to go with the Riddler. I think he's big enough that you can only fit one other villain in there with him. Somebody physical like Killer Croc would be cool if they keep it Nolan-ish, but if they do any stylizing, Man-Bat would be my personal fave, goes well with mind games on Batman.

Hugo Strange and Clayface is a great combo, good call.

The only problem with the Riddler is they had the Joker do all those "clues" in The Dark Knight that seemed very Riddler-ish.

Luckily it's a reboot and is some time off so maybe people won't see the parallels.

Riddler was my favorite choice for the third movie. I badly wanted him. But I think that, for the first film of the reboot, I'd be ok with a more powerfull villain, resorting to the more fantastical stuff (which I hope is what they go with in the reboot), like Freeze, then have the Riddler in the sequel with another strong villain, like Croc.

The only problem with the Riddler is they had the Joker do all those "clues" in The Dark Knight that seemed very Riddler-ish.

Luckily it's a reboot and is some time off so maybe people won't see the parallels.

I think if the clues are more heady and wordy and psychological and less CSI-ish it wouldn't draw the parallels. Iirc, Joker didn't leave clues on purpose, and they certainly weren't something the audience could guess at.

Riddler was my favorite choice for the third movie. I badly wanted him. But I think that, for the first film of the reboot, I'd be ok with a more powerfull villain, resorting to the more fantastical stuff (which I hope is what they go with in the reboot), like Freeze, then have the Riddler in the sequel with another strong villain, like Croc.
They wont follow up Rises with a winter film or Freeze because the studio just arent ready to bring him back. I guarantee it. We'll have to wait.

It's going to be Riddler. Unless another filmmaker swoops in and finds it too easy to do Riddler (kinda like Nolans thoughts after TDK) and decides to use Penguin.

YES!!! GREAT MINDS THlNK ALIKE!!! :D

They have things in common. Both Clayface and Strange have identity issues, both want to be seen as different people for different reasons. A solid combo there.

And their abilities really compliment each other. Hugo Strange is insanely brilliant and could easily use Clayface's shape changing to a huge advantage.

There's so much potential between those guys. The vindictive Strange manipulating the mentally unbalanced Clayface would be great. Strange wants to be seen as the new cleaner of Gotham, the new Batman? And he could easily use Clayface to help him with that :up:

I think if the clues are more heady and wordy and psychological and less CSI-ish it wouldn't draw the parallels. Iirc, Joker didn't leave clues on purpose, and they certainly weren't something the audience could guess at.

I agree with you on the first part but he clearly left clues on purpose to show what his next plan was going to be.

--The Joker card has the DNA from Judge Surillo, Commissioner Loeb, and Harvey Dent on it. Gordon says, "The Joker is showing us who he's targeting."
--He sends a call into the police that says, "Go to 8th and Orchard. You'll find Harvey Dent there." When they get there they find two dead people, the one with the last name Harvey and the other one with the last name Dent. He also leaves a newspaper with the fake obituary showing the Mayor dead to show that he was going to target the Mayor during Loeb's funeral procession.
--The bullet Batman gets from that scene is analyzed by Bruce and leads him to what he thinks is the apartment of the Joker's real identity. When he gets there he finds the kidnapped police tied up that the Joker has switched his men with so they can shoot the Mayor during the funeral procession ceremony. This apartment has a window shade drawn down with a timer on it--when the timer reaches it's end the shade flies up causing snipers to shoot at it. We could surmise this might have been a clue to lure the Batman into getting shot by police snipers, while also serving as a distraction that the Joker and his men can take advantage of to draw the snipers away from them so they can aim at the Mayor and try to shoot them.

There might have been some other examples but those were the ones that stuck out to me where the Joker was purposely leaving clues for Batman and the police to follow.

Yes, it is carried from the comics, namely his first appearance where he clearly states when and where he is gonna kill somebody, because he already set up how is he gonna murder them, as if they were already dead. In the movie he only fails with Harvey Dent, but he makes up for it, killing Patrick Harvey and Richard Dent.

Reminds me of the Laughing Fish when he says he's going to kill the Mayor at midnight (and manages to succeed even though the Mayor is inside the house surrounded by police and even has Batman in the room).

They wont follow up Rises with a winter film or Freeze because the studio just arent ready to bring him back. I guarantee it. We'll have to wait.

It's going to be Riddler. Unless another filmmaker swoops in and finds it too easy to do Riddler (kinda like Nolans thoughts after TDK) and decides to use Penguin.
I don't see how the studio isn't ready to bring him back. They brought Bane, who was in the same movie as Freeze and was much worse. Also, it'll have been a long time after B&R by the time the next movie releases.

This is not a big deal to me, though. Riddler is my favorite after Two Face and Joker, so I'd be happy anyway.

I don't see how the studio isn't ready to bring him back. They brought Bane, who was in the same movie as Freeze and was much worse. Also, it'll have been a long time after B&R by the time the next movie releases.

This is not a big deal to me, though. Riddler is my favorite after Two Face and Joker, so I'd be happy anyway.
It's not the same thing. Bane was a third party when you look at the villains in that movie. The general audience don't remember him either.

The studio has been shakey about using Robin as the sidekick since that movie. They're probably fine with it now but they know they'll have to be careful with how a teenage sidekick is approached. So imagine the others..

With Freeze and Poison Ivy, i bet it's gonna take at least 1 or 2 movies in a more fantastical nature for WB to agree to it. Or a director who can convince them that they'll go in a completely different style to what was before. It will take convincing. They're probably unaware of the real Freeze and dont know if they can go a darker, serious take on him.

They wont follow Bane immediately with another obscure villain. And if it's Riddler or Penguin theyll be jumping for joy. Hell, theyll probably suggest them. If Nolan used either one for Batman 3, they would have loved that more than what we got.

I actually don't think they are any more likely to use Robin than before. The lesson they seem to be learning is "Go Nolan or go home," and the dark serious tone kind of forbids usage of a brightly colored teenage sidekick.

The idea of Strange and Riddler team up, is also good. They have great chemistry together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"