Next Major Villain? (Endgame Spoilers)

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Post-Endgame, who do you think should be the MCU's next big bad?

Only one man can answer your question for you.

250px-Doctor_Doom_%282018%29.jpg

No, he doesn't answer your question.

...He is the answer.

And if you don't pick him the one and only choice then you are.....

DOOMED!

- End thread.

My top list of who should be used to further the universe along are in no order:

Skrulls

Doctor Doom

Kang/Immortus

Celestials

I think each bring something different in terms of threats and each wouldn't be a retread of the things Thanos and the Stones did.

One additional thought is that Doom should not be the build up villain per se, but a character that is there, formidable but not the focus until the eleventh hour where he usurps the villain originally give the spotlight. For that reason he needs to be introduced in the FF and used elsewhere in the MCU but not as the obvious Thanos styled bad guy.

Above all, as if anyone couldn't notice, I don't think they should do anything that feels like it's repeating the Thanos arc, or worse, repeating it but with less interesting or engaging elements.

See I don't know if the Skrulls should be a big bad in the sense of Thanos. I can see them being the main antagonist of an Avengers film, but not the overarching villain to a multiple film saga.

Kang the Conquerer. His story has already been set up. The Avengers have already interfered in time, and their meddling could've affected Kang's timeline somehow. They brought their universe back, but then Kang began to lose people in his reality because of it. Makes his story easy to explain and he can be empathized with because he's a man with a family who just wants to correct what's happened in his timeline; which is exactly what the Avengers were doing in Endgame. I would love to hear how things are in Kang's timeline, like what if he's the good guy and the Avengers are the villains? So much elseworlds fun can be had with Kang.

We should change the title to indicate Endgame spoilers...however it should be obvious but still
Kang the Conquerer. His story has already been set up. The Avengers have already interfered in time, and their meddling could've affected Kang's timeline somehow. They brought their universe back, but then Kang began to lose people in his reality because of it. Makes his story easy to explain and he can be empathized with because he's a man with a family who just wants to correct what's happened in his timeline; which is exactly what the Avengers were doing in Endgame. I would love to hear how things are in Kang's timeline, like what if he's the good guy and the Avengers are the villains? So much elseworlds fun can be had with Kang.
Yeah I agree. With time travel/alternate universes I can see Kang being the next big bad.
I just don't see how they can top Thanos killing half of all life. Kang destorys a whole timeline? Idk

Yeah I agree. With time travel/alternate universes I can see Kang being the next big bad.
I just don't see how they can top Thanos killing half of all life. Kang destorys a whole timeline? Idk

Nah, Kang doesn't need to purposely destroy a timeline. He's just trying to correct his own timeline by any means necessary, which might have ramifications on countless other timelines in the process. So if he brings his reality back, the effects of doing so could ripple out and destroy other realities. He wouldn't care much, because those aren't his timelines and he's just trying to get his family/empire back. Kang would inadvertently be killing many more people than Thanos by effectively erasing a great number of lives from existence across many realities...The things we'd do for love. The Avengers couldn't really call him crazy or say he's wrong, because they've already done the exact same thing to bring back their loved ones. Kang's methods would just be different from theirs.

Maybe by the end of the movie, Kang comes to his senses and works with the Avengers to return to his timeline and get everything right again. That type of collaboration is something we rarely see in these movies, it might be refreshing.

Last edited:
Kang being a revered hero in his timeline who conquers civilizations to help those in need sounds great to me. He's not feared in his reality, and the only bloodshed comes from soldiers and enemies who fight to resist Kang's rule. Other than that, Kang should be loved and respected in his reality as a man who truly cares about his galactic empire; someone who fights for his people and wants them to be prosperous. For Kang to be doing everything right and then to have all of that stripped from him because of certain actions taken in another reality, I could understand his anger at the situation. He already wouldn't trust the Avengers if they're the villains in his reality, and would view them as hypocrites trying to stop him when their actions to reverse the snap have already screwed up the timeline. Just seems like a very human character in his intentions, more sympathetic than Thanos, in my opinion.

Kang being someone who has faced the Avengers as the villains in his timeline should already know their identities, abilities and weaknesses. He might even know things about them that they don't know, and might not even find out for years to come: things like Kang knowing the exact date of Aunt May's death or something like that. Perhaps he's even killed some of the Avengers already, which would pretty intimidating in battle.

I also like the idea of Earth already being a part of Kang's galactic empire in his timeline. He doesn't care about conquest in this reality, he just wants to get everything right and go home where he's already the alpha of his universe.

Last edited:
They have to do Kang.

As soon as you introduce time travel, it is the logical next step to introduce Kang into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I don't think he necessarily has to be the Big Bad of an entire Saga of films like Thanos was though. I wouldn't mind if he was just the final villain of a phase or something.

They have to do Kang.

As soon as you introduce time travel, it is the logical next step to introduce Kang into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I don't think he necessarily has to be the Big Bad of an entire Saga of films like Thanos was though. I wouldn't mind if he was just the final villain of a phase or something.

THIS

Kang. The Avengers have messed with time, Kang's has been affected. He makes the most sense

Kang being a revered hero in his timeline who conquers civilizations to help those in need sounds great to me. He's not feared in his reality, and the only bloodshed comes from soldiers and enemies who fight to resist Kang's rule. Other than that, Kang should be loved and respected in his reality as a man who truly cares about his galactic empire; someone who fights for his people and wants them to be prosperous. For Kang to be doing everything right and then to have all of that stripped from him because of certain actions taken in another reality, I could understand his anger at the situation. He already wouldn't trust the Avengers if they're the villains in his reality, and would view them as hypocrites trying to stop him when their actions to reverse the snap have already screwed up the timeline. Just seems like a very human character in his intentions, more sympathetic than Thanos, in my opinion.

Kang being someone who has faced the Avengers as the villains in his timeline should already know their identities, abilities and weaknesses. He might even know things about them that they don't know, and might not even find out for years to come: things like Kang knowing the exact date of Aunt May's death or something like that. Perhaps he's even killed some of the Avengers already, which would pretty intimidating in battle.

I also like the idea of Earth already being a part of Kang's galactic empire in his timeline. He doesn't care about conquest in this reality, he just wants to get everything right and go home where he's already the alpha of his universe.
This Is an amazing pitch for Kang!

Kang's timeline could potentially be really fun with the Avengers as the villains:

Peter never got over Ben's death and became a killer.

Stark became Iron Man but stayed a weapons dealer.

Rogers joined Hydra, strongly believing in their ideals.

Thor was never banished from Asgard, so he kept his pompous personality. He left Asgard in anger, coming to Earth after his much more level-headed and trustworthy brother Loki was crowned king by his father, Odin.

Natasha never joined SHIELD but retained her Red Room training.

Clint lost his family and went Ronin a long time ago.

T'Challa died in the UN bombing with T'Chaka, and Killmonger eventually became the Black Panther with no one to oppose him.

Captain Marvel never stopped believing in or working for the Kree, doing their dirty work across the universe.

Banner lost Betty in the Gamma explosion. His first Hulk-out is when he wakes up and finds Betty dead, cradling her corpse in his arms. Thunderbolt Ross never stopped blaming the Hulk for her death, and never became the Secretary that we see him as in Civil War. Hulk is now a creature of pure rage. Bruce Banner is far too ashamed to come out and face the reality of what's happened, so we get the Hulk full-time.

Last edited:
I really feel as if Galactus or the Celestials are being set up as the next villain(s) that run multiple phases. Kang seems like someone who'd be a good phase ender (similar to Ultron) but not the main controlling force teams are working towards over a long period of time. Doom is heavily intertwined with the F4 so I'm not sure he's a big bad for The Avengers and multiple teams to deal with long-term. Dark Phoenix will have been done already so that works against it when compared to the others.

I really feel as if Galactus or the Celestials are being set up as the next villain(s) that run multiple phases. Kang seems like someone who'd be a good phase ender (similar to Ultron) but not the main controlling force teams are working towards over a long period of time. Doom is heavily intertwined with the F4 so I'm not sure he's a big bad for The Avengers and multiple teams to deal with long-term. Dark Phoenix will have been done already so that works against it when compared to the others.
Have to feed those hungry MCU X-Men hopefuls.

It’s got to be Doom, surely?

I’m not the biggest Marvel fan in the world, but even I know how great he could potentially be.

Following up another ‘Thanos-a-like” would be a bit dull and repetitive. Doom offers something different.

They shouldn't try to outdo Endgame in scope or scale. The next Avengers movie, when it happens, should be about something else. Go different, rather than bigger.

Not seen Endgame yet, but for me its got to be Galactus and SS. Make it a 2 parter, with SS as the villain in the first movie. Hell, have Galactus have 2 heralds and throw in Stardust or Terrax as well. Then as the Avengers defeat them at the end of the first movie, with possibly SS turning to their side by the end, a shadow literally covers half of the planet, Terrax/SS announce “he is here, and he hungers,” then the credits role and part 2 is the Avengers and SS vs Galactus and Terrax/Stardust.

I'd like to see Galactus done justice. He's an ideal cosmic threat especially if they're serious about Captain Marvel leading the MCU going forward. It'll also be a prime opportunity to bring in the FF.

I'm surprised no one has suggested Apocalypse. I'd be very happy with an Age of Apocalypse arc.

Only ones I'd really been keen on are Dr. Doom, Kang, and Galactus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"