Next Major Villain? (Endgame Spoilers)

I just feel Galactus is kinda boring. I think he's fine if he just shows up in a FF movie. I mean maybe he'll be ok for Avengers 5, but I thought we were talking about the villain of the next saga. I might've misinterpreted the purpose of the thread.
If it's just Avengers 5 I say Doom
If it's of the whole next saga I'd say Kang.

Wish they didn't use Ultron. He would've been good as a next saga villain. Built by Shuri, Bruce, Pym or whoever. Slowly and secretly he undermines the Avengers until revealing himself in Avengers 7 as the big bad and the architect of their destruction

Kang The Conqueror baby I've been requesting to see him in the MCU since before Avengers 1!

If not him then The Beyonder would surely be interesting.

Honorable mention goes to Galactus and Tyrant.

Last edited:
The whole time travel thing in Endgame opens the door up for Kang.

It'd be great to see them build villains like Doom (leading up to Secret Wars) and Norman Osborn (leading up to Dark Reign) up over a few films. It'd be cool to see Galactus as well but he's more of a force of nature than an obvious choice for arc villain.

I'd rather it's not Kang, we've already had one messy time travel story, I don't want another.

Kang is the logical next big villain that can be a one-off Avengers film, although I think we also need a bit of a distance between Endgame and another time travel movie, so enough other films need to be done before we get into that.

Doom is the next villain I want to see long term, popping up here and there over time.

Living Tribunal, Eternity, Kang, Galactus, Doom, One Above All could all work in the next few Phases over multiple movies and arcs.

I know GotG2 but Uatu and the watchers could also play in pretty decently.

The Celestial Host will be introduced in the Eternals movie.When the Avengers messed with time in Endgame, it drew the attention of the Celestials. They will then come to the Earth to judge it and be opposed by the Avengers.

I hope it is the celestials as well. I noticed nebula said vormir was the center of celestial existence. I was disappointed we didn't see anymore celestials. I know we will though when the other eternals come out though.

The whole time travel thing in Endgame opens the door up for Kang.

Yes, but it also means they probably shouldn't use Kang immediately. Give time travel a break, and only later do Kang. Maybe for Phase 5, when everyone will be ready for plot appearances by dead characters, and Kang doing the evil version of a time heist will seem less on-the-nose.

( Because, natch, that's the obvious plot for a Kang movie: Kang exploits the infinite divergence of timelines to accumulate power for himself, without any concern for all the bad timelines he's leaving behind as collateral damage. )

I'm thinkning it'll be Kang. The timeline where Loki lives will have managed to have broken time itself and given us characters like not just Kang but Nikki Gold, Bishop, Cable, Stryfe and Magus.

Kang could assemble the Chrononauts which means that the New Avengers would have to handle Ultron again with only War Machine, Hulk and Scarlet Witch knowing how to handle him. He could also bring back a younger Black Widow who would be the Avengers' newest and greatest enemy. Somebody who the world sees as a hero but is actually its greatest villain and somebody who knows everyone's weakness. Imagine Widow breaking the Avengers from within, smashing them one by one as they're happy to see her again with Kang pretending to be their ally before unleashing Ultron, Malekith, Hela and other deceased villains upon the world. Holy crap, would that be awesome?

And the world would see Kang as the man saving all the Avengers. They would see him as their savior. Kang's backstory would be changed to be set in the far future where the world is ruled by Apocalypse and Kang's mutant power is simply superhuman intelligence and he's now able to conquer our primitive world easily. And the Avengers are going to be all too trusting.

Galactus would require the X-Men and Fantastic Four to be present which means we'd need to wait for Phase 5.

Doom should be somebody who starts off small but would eventually become a threat to all realities. The events of Endgame wouldn't have sealed the time loops and Loki's very presence in one timeline would have created new realities like House of M, Earth X and Age of Apocalypse. Doom would start off as a villain in Black Panther 2, become a greater threat in Fantastic Four 2 and then would wind up being the ultimate enemy in Secret Wars.

Last edited:
And I also want to see join Kang's Chrononauts is Torunn and I want Thor to kill her without the knowledge that she's his daughter from the future. And that would get Thor to lay Stormbreaker at her grave after the credits. The mid-credits scene would be the Scarlet Witch saying, "at least that's it for strange time travelers" and then War Machine replies, "yeah, I feel like we're done with that kind of madness" before a black man with a thick Australian accent dressed like something out of Mad Max arrives with a flash of lightning and asks which way it is to upstate New York before the 90s X-Men cartoon theme plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"