Next season NCAA Football

Green Lantern said:
Uh, one man an offense doesn't make. Was Vince the most important player on the offense? Yes. Was he the only one that mattered? No. We have FOUR running backs who rushed for over 400 yards last season coming back. That right there is grounds for a decent offense with or without a stud quarterback. I have fath in Colt.

One man an offense doesn't make. - This statement is normally true, however Vince Young was the offense. The rushing attack depended on Young, the Passing attack depended on Young. Hell the defense, special teams and coaching staff depended on Young for the simple fact that he was the energy and spirit of UT. Young was to Texas as Michael Vick is to Atlanta, do they have talent surrounding him? Yes. Are they near the team with out him? Hell No.

Great you have 4 running backs who had 400 yard seasons, only one can touch the ball at a time and they will have a much harder time now that the D no longer has to worry about the double threat of Young.

National Championship teams who loose the foundation of their teams are rarely ranked number one come the next year, unless they have proven themselves constantly - Texas will be ranked in the top 5, but not number 1.

TimDrake64x said:
dude, no way georgia wins the sec

big ten- ohio state
acc- florida state
sec- auburn/flordia (that will be a very interesting game, they play each other during the season at auburn)
big east-wvu
big 12- oklahoma (watch adrian peterson have a better year than his freshman year and return the program to what it use to be)
pac10- cal

*surprise team of next season= bowling green, omar jacob's senior, watch out

Really? No chance at all? Funny, they were saying the same thing last year after we lost David Pollack (the best Defensive Player in the Nation) and David Greene (the all-time most winningest QB in NCAA History), and what did we do? Destroy LSU in the SEC Championship. Georgia is the number 1 program in the SEC - look at their constant success, 2 SEC Championships, 3 SEC East Championships in 4 years - thats great. Add to that a top 4 Recruting class this year and Georgia WILL win the SEC.

Also Omar Jacob's is no longer plays for Bowling Green.

StorminNorman said:
Really? No chance at all? Funny, they were saying the same thing last year after we lost David Pollack (the best Defensive Player in the Nation) and David Greene (the all-time most winningest QB in NCAA History), and what did we do? Destroy LSU in the SEC Championship. Georgia is the number 1 program in the SEC - look at their constant success, 2 SEC Championships, 3 SEC East Championships in 4 years - thats great. Add to that a top 4 Recruting class this year and Georgia WILL win the SEC.

no but seriously look at all the other good teams in the sec. in the west u have auburn, lsu, and ole miss(dont laugh, trust me they will shock more than a few teams). in the east there is florida, south carolina, who knows if tennesse will get their crap together, and georgia. i just dont think georgia has a shot at the title, especially will florida in the east with them. i didnt say they were'nt good i just dont htink they r up to par with the rest of the conference. and who gives a crap about recruiting rankings, tennessee has won that the past couple of years and look where they were last year.

did he transfer? what happened?

TimDrake64x said:
no but seriously look at all the other good teams in the sec. in the west u have auburn, lsu, and ole miss(dont laugh, trust me they will shock more than a few teams). in the east there is florida, south carolina, who knows if tennesse will get their crap together, and georgia. i just dont think georgia has a shot at the title, especially will florida in the east with them. i didnt say they were'nt good i just dont htink they r up to par with the rest of the conference. and who gives a crap about recruiting rankings, tennessee has won that the past couple of years and look where they were last year.

did he transfer? what happened?

Auburn is good, I have them in my top 10. LSU, UGA destroyed them last year - but yes they are a very good team. I buy Ole Miss has being a GOOD team, but not a GREAT one, meaning they wont sniff ATL. Meyer has not proven that his Offense can work in the SEC - nor that Chris Leak can run it. Tennesse has gone down hill for years, until Phat Phil leaves it will never rise to its former Glory. South Carolina I am very, very worried about. Georgia will probably start a Freshman QB (either RS Fresh Joe Cox, or Freshman Matt Stafford), however we also have 3 fantastic RB. Georgia has been one of the best recruiting teams in the SEC for the past few years, and Richt has proven himself to be an elite Coach - I have full confidence in Georgia this year. To say, however, that Georgia has NO CHANCE to win the SEC is ridiculous - especially considering their consistency since Mark Richt was given the reigns. (Also note that FSU has not been an elite team since Richt left as well)

Jacobs went pro.

TimDrake64x said:
dude, no way georgia wins the sec

big ten- ohio state
acc- florida state
sec- auburn/flordia (that will be a very interesting game, they play each other during the season at auburn)
big east-wvu
big 12- oklahoma (watch adrian peterson have a better year than his freshman year and return the program to what it use to be)
pac10- cal

*surprise team of next season= bowling green, omar jacob's senior, watch out

Wow,we allmost agree. Im not so sure about Florida though, I know they got the best recruits but Im not sure if Urban Meyers has all the pieces yet.... Personally Aurburn is gonna be a fast team, i think either LSU or Aurburn wins the SEC. Florida St. is a good team who is really looking to prove themselves... Can they? I guess will see in there third game when we bring the 2 best running backs in th ACC down there.

StorminNorman said:
One man an offense doesn't make. - This statement is normally true, however Vince Young was the offense. The rushing attack depended on Young, the Passing attack depended on Young. Hell the defense, special teams and coaching staff depended on Young for the simple fact that he was the energy and spirit of UT. Young was to Texas as Michael Vick is to Atlanta, do they have talent surrounding him? Yes. Are they near the team with out him? Hell No.

Great you have 4 running backs who had 400 yard seasons, only one can touch the ball at a time and they will have a much harder time now that the D no longer has to worry about the double threat of Young.

National Championship teams who loose the foundation of their teams are rarely ranked number one come the next year, unless they have proven themselves constantly - Texas will be ranked in the top 5, but not number 1.

But your forgetting that the beat the best football team ever... Now sure if the game was replayed USC would win but thats not the point... dont count Texas out of it. Texas deserves to be number 1 just because of beating USC.

StorminNorman said:

Yea, Omar left a little early. I do think Georgia will win the Sec East but will get killed by a much Aurburn.

Darth Elektra said:
But your forgetting that the beat the best football team ever... Now sure if the game was replayed USC would win but thats not the point... dont count Texas out of it. Texas deserves to be number 1 just because of beating USC.

I believe that 2005 Texas was a better team than 2005 USC and 2005 Texas is NUMBER 1 - in 2005. However this is 2006. LSU was not ranked number 1 in 04, and yet they won the National Championship. Why? They lost to much talent and to many other teams gained (or kept) more talent. Thus Texas will not be number one the start of this year.

StorminNorman said:
Auburn is good, I have them in my top 10. LSU, UGA destroyed them last year - but yes they are a very good team. I buy Ole Miss has being a GOOD team, but not a GREAT one, meaning they wont sniff ATL. Meyer has not proven that his Offense can work in the SEC - nor that Chris Leak can run it. Tennesse has gone down hill for years, until Phat Phil leaves it will never rise to its former Glory. South Carolina I am very, very worried about. Georgia will probably start a Freshman QB (either RS Fresh Joe Cox, or Freshman Matt Stafford), however we also have 3 fantastic RB. Georgia has been one of the best recruiting teams in the SEC for the past few years, and Richt has proven himself to be an elite Coach - I have full confidence in Georgia this year. To say, however, that Georgia has NO CHANCE to win the SEC is ridiculous - especially considering their consistency since Mark Richt was given the reigns. (Also note that FSU has not been an elite team since Richt left as well)

Your very right about Georgia allways having the best running backs. Andd Georgia did get one of the best QB's this year,but he will be young and he will make mistakes agianst a very good SEC defensive teams... Best QB in the SEC is Brian cox, with Aurburn.

Darth Elektra said:
Yea, Omar left a little early. I do think Georgia will win the Sec East but will get killed by a much Aurburn.

The Auburn v. Georgia rivalry is a very odd one. If Georgia beats Auburn in the Regular Season - I believe that Auburn would beat Georgia in ATL, if Burn beats UGA, UGA would win a rematch.

UGA and Auburn will be very close talent wise, but I will take Richt over Tuberville in coaching any day.

StorminNorman said:
I believe that 2005 Texas was a better team than 2005 USC and 2005 Texas is NUMBER 1 - in 2005. However this is 2006. LSU was not ranked number 1 in 04, and yet they won the National Championship. Why? They lost to much talent and to many other teams gained (or kept) more talent. Thus Texas will not be number one the start of this year.

We shall see...
Texas deserves to be ranked #1 till proven other wise, which may come when Ohio St plays them. Im a Clemson fan but I like USC's coach Pete Caroll, So I hate saying what Im saying but face the facts, Texas is number 1 till someone beats them. Plus they've won like 23(or something) straight. Texas did replace Vince with a really good QB that should prove himself.

Darth Elektra said:
Your very right about Georgia allways having the best running backs. Andd Georgia did get one of the best QB's this year,but he will be young and he will make mistakes agianst a very good SEC defensive teams... Best QB in the SEC is Brian cox, with Aurburn.

Maybe, maybe not - the thing about a Mark Richt offense is that it very balance. Our Running Game will be one of the top in the SEC, all Cox or Stafford will need to do is make enough plays to win. Milner can be a playmaker TE, and our very Young WR's made great strides in development last year.

Darth Elektra said:
We shall see...
Texas deserves to be ranked #1 till proven other wise, which may come when Ohio St plays them. Im a Clemson fan but I like USC's coach Pete Caroll, So I hate saying what Im saying but face the facts, Texas is number 1 till someone beats them. Plus they've won like 23(or something) straight. Texas did replace Vince with a really good QB that should prove himself.

I to, really like Pete Caroll as a coach (I do not like USC though much at all).

The fact is that 2006 is a New Year, and the Texas team that will take the field in September is much different than the one that took the field last January - the team taking the field this year IS NOT the best team in the country- the polls will reflect that. LSU was not ranked number one in 2004, Ohio State was not ranked number 1 in 04, etc.

StorminNorman said:
Georgia has NEVER been a pass first team under Richt, it has also never been run first. I dont think that will change this year either.

I know...which is great for your new QB.

Darth Elektra said:
So who in your opionion should be ranked #1?

West Virginia - they impressed the pants of me in the Sugar Bowl (that was a hell of a game and possibly the most fun I have had at a game, even with the loss) and they were shockingly young. They wont be ranked number 1 in 06 (by many people), but that is only because they dont have the sexyness of a USC or Miami.

Darth Elektra said:
I know...which is great for your new QB.

I think Stafford could make Richt become a Pass first guy - this kid is a beast and could very well be the next great NCAA QB.

Or he could be a bust.

With the way Georgia recruits we have enough depth that even if Stafford is sub par - we got another top 3 QB Recruit in Joe Cox (from 2005) and another top 10 QB in Blake Barnes (in 2004).

Darth Elektra said:
Cool, you guys had better beat SC!

I am more scared of South Carolina than any other team in the SEC. The reason is easy - Steve Spurrier.

StorminNorman said:
West Virginia - they impressed the pants of me in the Sugar Bowl (that was a hell of a game and possibly the most fun I have had at a game, even with the loss) and they were shockingly young. They wont be ranked number 1 in 06 (by many people), but that is only because they dont have the sexyness of a USC or Miami.

WVU doesnt play anybody... VTech last year kicked their butts,and Vtech wasnt that good. They do have a great QB and running back but thier still no threat to the best ACC or SEC team.

Which conferance is the best in your opionion?

StorminNorman said:
I bleed Red and Black.

i think that shows that u r a little biased. my sec championship game is auburn vs. florida/south carolina. if usc gets in there it would be an upset, to florida is the pick out of the east, but either way i think auburn will win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"