Next season NCAA Football

StorminNorman said:
I am more scared of South Carolina than any other team in the SEC. The reason is easy - Steve Spurrier.

Steve Spurrier is a good coach,but He doesnt have all the pieces together to be a threat for the SEC.

Darth Elektra said:
WVU doesnt play anybody... VTech last year kicked their butts,and Vtech wasnt that good. They do have a great QB and running back but thier still no threat to the best ACC or SEC team.

Which conferance is the best in your opionion?

That does nothing but add to their ranking - if you look at their schedule and their talent, I think they have the best chance at going 11-0 out of any team in a "major" conference.

SEC still number 1.

TimDrake64x said:
i think that shows that u r a little biased. my sec championship game is auburn vs. florida/south carolina. if usc gets in there it would be an upset, to florida is the pick out of the east, but either way i think auburn will win it.

I am biased as hell and proud of it. However to make a statement saying that Georgia has no shot of making the SECCG is still foolish at best. Florida is unproven with Urban Meyer's Offense (and Chris Leak has not showed the ablilty to run it properly) and South Carolina does not have near the talent Georgia has. Georgia is as talented a team you will find in the South, and has Mark Richt at Coach (he has won more games than any other SEC Coach since he arrived in 01). That always makes Georgia a contender.

Darth Elektra said:
Steve Spurrier is a good coach,but He doesnt have all the pieces together to be a threat for the SEC.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think he will win the SEC East or even truly contend for it - but he doesnt need a top calliber to beat Georgia sadly. :(

StorminNorman said:
That does nothing but add to their ranking - if you look at their schedule and their talent, I think they have the best chance at going 11-0 out of any team in a "major" conference.

SEC still number 1.

Yea,but that doesnt mean much when considering the conferance their in.

StorminNorman said:
I am biased as hell and proud of it. However to make a statement saying that Georgia has no shot of making the SECCG is still foolish at best. Florida is unproven with Urban Meyer's Offense (and Chris Leak has not showed the ablilty to run it properly) and South Carolina does not have near the talent Georgia has. Georgia is as talented a team you will find in the South, and has Mark Richt at Coach (he has won more games than any other SEC Coach since he arrived in 01). That always makes Georgia a contender.

I still have Georgia winning the East this year. But Florida is a rising team.

Darth Elektra said:
I still have Georgia winning the East this year. But Florida is a rising team.

Wont rise far if the Spread Offense isnt SEC Compatible.

Darth Elektra said:
Cool, you guys had better beat SC!
We will, as usual. Just for you.

I was at that game in Athens this past season.

actually if i had to pick right now i would pick SC. rice is just insane, and georgia's running game is the only thing they have to stop

TimDrake64x said:
actually if i had to pick right now i would pick SC. rice is just insane, and georgia's running game is the only thing they have to stop

Matt Stafford will make you eat those words my friend. Stafford or Cox have more than enough talent to make Georgia a very balanced team.

TimDrake64x said:
they r still freshman qbs though

So? Technically Cox is a RFr - but thats beside the point. Freshman QB's constantly come in and make a difference every year - look at the young lad from WVU. Mark Richt is a QB Guru, not only that but he is a QB Guru that has a Senior and a RJr in reserve if neither Cox nor Stafford are up to snuff come opening day.

Odds according to CFN

There is an article that goes with this, but I'll post the top 25 teams to save time for those posting on the run.

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Louisville
4. Auburn
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio State
7. Miami
8. Oklahoma
9. LSU
10. Virginia Tech
11. Florida State
12. West Virginia
13. Florida
14. Georgia
15. Nebraska
16. Tennessee
17. Iowa
18. California
19. Wisconsin
20. Michigan
21. Penn State
22. Oregon
23. Arizona State
24. Alabama
25. Texas Tech
My thoughts:
WVU plays in the Big Least so i wouldn't be shocked if they win their conference(their only threat will be Louisville). The Big Ten will go to the Buckeyes, some doubt their odds due to seniors leaving. I wouldn't since every year they bring in top recruits at defense. Not to mention Larry Grant & Mike D'Andrea they should make an instant impact. Penn State has an unproven QB in Morelli and Michigan will be the same(as in mediocre).

TimDrake64x said:
who are the reserves?

Blake Barnes a RsJr - highly recruited
Joe Terishinski III - A life long bulldog, started last year when Shock went down.

I would have no problem if T3 or Barnes is the starter come September (I would prefer Barnes over T3), whatever Mike Bobo (QB Coach) and Mark Richt decide is going to be the right decision.

Blade_fan1911 said:
Odds according to CFN

There is an article that goes with this, but I'll post the top 25 teams to save time for those posting on the run.

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Louisville
4. Auburn
5. Notre Dame
6. Ohio State
7. Miami
8. Oklahoma
9. LSU
10. Virginia Tech
11. Florida State
12. West Virginia
13. Florida
14. Georgia
15. Nebraska
16. Tennessee
17. Iowa
18. California
19. Wisconsin
20. Michigan
21. Penn State
22. Oregon
23. Arizona State
24. Alabama
25. Texas Tech
My thoughts:
WVU plays in the Big Least so i wouldn't be shocked if they win their conference(their only threat will be Louisville). The Big Ten will go to the Buckeyes, some doubt their odds due to seniors leaving. I wouldn't since every year they bring in top recruits at defense. Not to mention Larry Grant & Mike D'Andrea they should make an instant impact. Penn State has an unproven QB in Morelli and Michigan will be the same(as in mediocre).

I dont understand how Tennessee - a team that failed to make a bowl - is a preseason Top 25. Basically I think the entire poll is bollocks, having USC number one after the talent they have loss is a JOKE and shows the bias some schools get.

Will never forget how ridiculous it was when ESPN did a week long (or longer) special on how the USC 2005 team is the greatest ever. The blantant favortism USC, ND, Miami, Michigan, and OSU get is sickening.

The BS means something other than "Bowl" "Series"

StorminNorman said:
Will never forget how ridiculous it was when ESPN did a week long (or longer) special on how the USC 2005 team is the greatest ever. The blantant favortism USC, ND, Miami, Michigan, and OSU get is sickening.

USC plays in the Pac-10, i doubt they wouldn't get atleast a BCS bid. ND will probably play nobodies again then get their asses whooped in a BCS they never deserved. Miami, Michigan, and OSU have good teams every year. It's not bias it's just smart thinking.

The ESPN/USC love fest was sickening.

Blade_fan1911 said:
USC plays in the Pac-10, i doubt they wouldn't get atleast a BCS bid. ND will probably play nobodies again then get their asses whooped in a BCS they never deserved. Miami, Michigan, and OSU have good teams every year. It's not bias it's just smart thinking.

1. ND has constantly one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Miami played in the PEACH BOWL last year and got humiliated - this qualifies them for a top 10 ranking?

StorminNorman said:
I dont understand how Tennessee - a team that failed to make a bowl - is a preseason Top 25. Basically I think the entire poll is bollocks, having USC number one after the talent they have loss is a JOKE and shows the bias some schools get.

First off Tennessee doesnt deserve to be in the top 25 but USC does deserve to be in thew top 5, USC want fall very much. And Pete did replace the talent.

StorminNorman said:
Wont rise far if the Spread Offense isnt SEC Compatible.

I disagree, I think Florida is gonna be hot in a year or 2.

Blade_fan1911 said:

Notre Dame has allways a very tough schedule, I think they have one of the hardest this year, USC deserved everything!

Darth Elektra said:
First off Tennessee doesnt deserve to be in the top 25 but USC does deserve to be in thew top 5, USC want fall very much. And Pete did replace the talent.

I have no problem putting USC in the top 5, however I dont like them at number 1 - really for no other reason than the fact I am sick and tired of the Brownnosing media kissing USC's ass.

Putting Tennessee 16th is just....stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"