World Next Spider-Man Video Game

Picard Sisko

Prepare to be Assimilated
Reaction score
There hasn't been an amazing Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2: The Game, which was 8 years ago. Spider-Man 3: The Game wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. Web of Shadows was too repetitive, Friend or Foe was awful, and the rest since then were just okay. I haven't played "The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game" yet though.

When do you guys think we will get the next Spider-Man video game? Should it take place within the new movie universe, or be its own thing? I kind of lost faith in the Spider-Man video games at this point, so IDK if I should be excited or not.

I can't vote in the poll cause I want it to take place in the comic book, TASM universe. Before all this Dock Ock BS.

It would be really cool to have a video game based on the comic books. Take out actual events from different story arcs for each mission.

Only good Spider-Man games there's been are the 2000 Spider-Man PS1 game and Spider-Man 2. For some reason studios just don't seem to be able to get the mechanics and story right to make a fun game, especially this generation of consoles. Closest I've enjoyed other than those two was Ultimate Spider-Man I think. If/when they make another Spidey game I hope they forgo the movie universe and keep it inside the world of the comics and develop a good, true to form Spider-Man story and improve on the mechanics as well.

Only good Spider-Man games there's been are the 2000 Spider-Man PS1 game and Spider-Man 2. For some reason studios just don't seem to be able to get the mechanics and story right to make a fun game, especially this generation of consoles. Closest I've enjoyed other than those two was Ultimate Spider-Man I think. If/when they make another Spidey game I hope they forgo the movie universe and keep it inside the world of the comics and develop a good, true to form Spider-Man story and improve on the mechanics as well.

Other than the 2000 PS1 game & Spider-Man 2: The Game, I also liked some of these as well:

• Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (PS1)
  • Spider-Man: The Game (PS2)
  • Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (the game wasn't terrible, it was just too repetitive unfortunately. It had a lot of wasted potential).

Take out actual events from different story arcs for each mission.

Or they can just construct solid stories on their own while being faithful to the spirit of the comics.

I never got the appeal of directly adapting arcs. What would be the point if we already know what happens? What would be the point of trying to save George or Gwen Stacy, for example?

I never got the appeal of directly adapting arcs. What would be the point if we already know what happens? What would be the point of trying to save George or Gwen Stacy, for example?

We are talking about video games, not movies. If the video game took something right out of the comic books, I think it would be pretty cool. I think trying to save George or Gwen Stacy would be awesome.

My favorite Spidey game was The Amazing Spider-Man by far, so I hope they continue down that route.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I think an Ultimate Spider-Man game would be cool. You could have Spider-Man, plus Tygra, Iron Fist, etc. and SHIELD.

Plus, I want to play as Coulson...he came off like freaking Yoda in that one episode.

I would be happy if they remastered the original PS1 game with updated graphics and added missions/content.

1-a56dffspidermancover.jpg

That would be cool. I wonder how a Spidey Action RPG would be though? Starting from when he first got bitten and sticking to the comics...

That would be incredible. Probably would take years to develop. Didn't Guild Wars 2 take over 5 years or so?

For movies, I agree. I don't want to see Gwen Stacy dying, for example, like everyone else.
But for games, at least for me, it's because it's interesting to relieve the moments by ourselves. We are controling the characters, this time.

It's like games based on movies. We know what will happen, but it's good to go through the events of the story by ourselves and fight our way to the end.

For movies, I agree. I don't want to see Gwen Stacy dying, for example, like everyone else.
But for games, at least for me, it's because it's interesting to relieve the moments by ourselves. We are controling the characters, this time.

It's like games based on movies. We know what will happen, but it's good to go through the events of the story by ourselves and fight our way to the end.

I still don't see the appeal. Unless they did a "What if?", alternate approach to classic storylines, I still don't get the point of trying to do something that is already hopeless, or repeating a story I already know.

I still don't see the appeal. Unless they did a "What if?", alternate approach to classic storylines, I still don't get the point of trying to do something that is already hopeless, or repeating a story I already know.
So if they ever did the Night that Gwen Stacy died in one of the movies, would that be pointless?

I feel the exact opposite way. I would love to see the Death of Gwen Stacy in a movie on the big screen but not in a video game because because movies are about taking characters and stories off the page and bringing them to life while with video games, like you said, you are controlling the character in a video game. I personally wouldn't feel as in control of the character if I knew that Gwen would die by the end of the movie no matter what I did as opposed to not knowing that. Imagine playing Arkham Asylum and Arkham City knowing all the characters you will fail to save throughout the course of the game right at the start of the game. You wouldn't feel as if you are actually Batman in those games or at least not the same extent you would do not knowing that. Those are just my 2 cents.

I want it based on the original comics, with good tips from alternate universes if necessary

1. Well reflected surfaces, reflect all they face, the time it's there
  2. Variety of things to do
  3. Great well detailed city
  4. Living vibrant, nice population, active responses
  5. Swinging is the best of Spider-Man 2 and Web of Shadows. With swinging choice like in SM2 (enter pause menu and choose swinging type)
  6. Swing kick is just like web of shadows, that one honestly has the best swing kick
  7. Graphics stylized, no need to be closer to realism
  8. Combat with amazing free flow variety, no awkward combat moves
  9. Web rush should stay
  10. 3D multilayered maps
  11. Web slingshot needs to return
  12. Other superheroes are there in the city, but not involved in the story. You can find them flying, on ground, etc...sometimes you can race them to street tasks
  13. Required tasks should be like Ultimate Spider-Man, there's a needed amount of missions to be done, but they are still varied and organic
  14. Peter and Spider-Man interact with their friends, depending on how you look (Peter or Spider-Man)
  15. Lot's of costumes, with different power sets depending on each costume
  16. Quick Time Events should be there, basic, unchangable. And of course there needs to be an option you can access during gameplay on pause menu to shut QTE off if you like
  17. Camera zoom in and out option. Contextual camera if you have your back to the wall and you lock on a target. Think Assassin's Creed 2 when you're in hiding and press L1 (I think it's that button)
  18. Spider-Man must swim
  19. You can go indoors to plenty of buildings whether it's free roam or indoors
  20. Spider-Sense and indicators like Spider-Man 3
  21. You can take boss fights anywhere in town, including indoor areas or other boroughs you are allowed to go to in free roam. Other heroes can offer their help and you have the option to choose if they do or not
  22. Neil Patrick Harris or Rino Romano as Peter Parker/Spider-Man

And I don't care how much of a pipe dream it is, I want this game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"