Next wave of SW film announcements

Discussion in 'Stand-Alone Movies' started by KillerCarlson, Jun 24, 2016.

1. KillerCarlson Registered

Alright, so the force awakens has been released, rogue one is 6 months away, with episode 8 going into post and han solo beginning to film in January.

My question is when are we going start hearing about the next star wars films? You would think that disney would at least want to set dates as studios normally get out ahead to claim dates.

I think we will probably hear about new films at or around the release of ep 8. Thoughts?

2. Marvolo Registered

As of now we know about:

Episode 8 - 2017
    Han Solo - 2018
    Episode 9 - 2019
    Boba Fett - 2020

So we may not hear about what they plan to do after those films until 2018 or 2019.

3. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Probably once they see how Rogue One does.

4. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

Boba Fett hasn't been officially announced yet.

5. Bim Registered

The one big wave i want to be swept by is a Kenobi spinoff with Ewan (no, i still dont get tired of asking for it :oldrazz::funny:

6. NinjaTurtleFan Turtle Power!

I'd love to see a "Obi-Wan Kenobi/Old Ben" spin-off but would also love to see a Yoda spin-off that would show the Old Republic and maybe Maz shows up in there too since they're close to each other's age.

"Boba Fett" spin-off is ideal and would be cool to see the rise of Jabba the Hutt's criminal empire too. But some of these ideas could be used for the TV series as well.

7. NewYorkSpider EndGame

My top 3 movies I'd like to see.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi Spin-Off
    2. Movie set thousands of years before the PT. (First Jedi/Sith)
    3. Boba Fett Spin-Off

8. GuestStar2004 Registered

It will be interesting to see what film comes next after Han solo

9. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I also wouldn't mind a Darth Vader film set sometime between ROTS and Rogue One. I still haven't seen Star Wars Rebels, so I'm not sure if a movie would be necessary.

10. Solidus Knights of Ren

The Fett film is pretty much as confirmed as you can get. A year or so ago Kathy I believe pretty much laid that out.

As for the future? I would eventually love to see a KOTOR trilogy but what I would rather have first is a Netflix or HBO TV series focusing on a rough following of "Tales of the Jedi" I think going back historically and showing the origins of the Jedi/Sith would make for a really good TV show and then later on have films following some of the bigger events during the KOTOR time period more so.

I say no to a Vader film, I think Rebels is covering him well enough.

11. TheVileOne Registered

I'm kind of tired of episode iv prequels, and we are already getting two more.

I'd much rather see more of the period post-Jedi. That's the era I want to know more about.

I also want Dash Rendar and Kyle Katarn back in new canon.

12. KillerCarlson Registered

This is what I want as well. A vader and emperor film. After that a obi wan movie. Then KOTOR.

And maybe, just maybe a Plagueis film.

13. David H. We’re not owed anything.

I want a Salacius B. Crumb movie.

14. GuestStar2004 Registered

They will probably wanna keep darth vader minimal in what he appears in so i don't know if i can imagine a darth vader film being made.

A Palpatine and Plagueis film is interesting, i dunno how they would pull off such a film but since the plagueis novel is now part of legends and it was a pretty popular book they surely would go back to the idea in some form or another

15. KillerCarlson Registered

Keeping your most iconic character off the business docket isn't very smart. And JEJ isnt getting any younger.

16. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think the idea is that they don't wanna over saturate him, thats the reason why he isn't a regular fixture in Rebels because they wanna keep him minimal.

17. Luke234 Registered

I'd like to see the story move only forward in time with all the spin offs. I understand how easy a Han Solo movie is to write and how this and Obi- wan are sure huge money makers. So, I wouldn't expect any different.
    But I'd love to see a side story of some new bounty hunter/s and new crime lord and a story with that.

18. Luke234 Registered

I can't believe they'd even consider Boba Fett. His character had been ruined more than once.

19. TheVileOne Registered

Boba Fett's one of Star Wars' most popular characters, so they are definitely considering it. Boba Fett was going to be Trank's movie before he got fired.

20. GuestStar2004 Registered

It seems like they wanna make a boba fett movie for sure, it will be interesting to see how they do it though.

21. Orba Registered

They were supposed to have had a teaser reel all ready for Star Wars Celebration in 2015 for the panel which was supposed to have been Edwards and Trank. But then Trank "fell ill" and wasn't able to attend (he then "decided to leave the project" a week later).

22. TheVileOne Registered

Hollywood PR spin for getting canned ;) .

23. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

The best way to do a Boba Fett movie is to make a spaghetti western out of it. Have him do some kind of mission, go into town, meet periphery characters, and never show his face. Also have it be ancillary to the canon, meaning a story that has no strong ties to the established lore and could truly be "stand alone". A slice of life type of thing.

24. sycamore Registered

If they do a Boba Fett movie, I'd like to see them present the Mandalorians WAY differently than they have in Rebels. In Rebels they really are a bunch of touchy-feely wusses (Sabine first and foremost). Boba Fett gave the impression of a heartless, cold-blooded mercenary. The Death Watch in the Clone Wars were a bunch of hardened bad***es (even the females like Bo-Katan). This is the way the Mandalorians should be portrayed -- and probably the way Lucas envisioned them. They are, for all intents and purposes, the Spartans of outer space.

25. Octoberist point blank

It's tough and tricky because I think Boba works better if he works as a Dredd type; keep the helmet on. Speaks only when he needs to.

But you'll need an avatar..a cypher for the audience. Either an apprentice, a fellow bounty hunter, or someone who is seeking revenge against him.

As much as I like Temuera Morrison, most likely he won't come back. Actually, if they could somehow retcon his accent and voice, that'll be okay with me. Maybe a disfigurement that will leave him scared, using a vocal modulation device, to make him sound closer to the original Fett voice in the original.