NFL Free Agency

Couple of more moves:

-Seahawks decline to match Vikings' offer for Guard Steve Hutchinson
-Lions part ways with Joey Harrington
-Miami signs WR Kelly Campbell
-Dallas signs LB Rocky Boiman
-CB Tyrone Poole signs with the Raiders
-Dallas signs OT Jason Fabini

And rumor has it that the Seahawks are close to signing Julian Petersen away from San Fran and the Jets are close to trading John Abraham to Atlanta.

Won't the Lions feel stupid if Harrington goes somewhere else and plays great. Yeah...like that'll happen.:D

John Abraham dealt to the Falcons

Oh, and how about this:

-K Adam Vinatieri agrees to deal with Colts :eek:

Go Web Go! said:
John Abraham dealt to the Falcons

Oh, and how about this:

Well there goes their chance of winning a Superbowl again.:up:

Go Web Go! said:

Holy Crap!!! I understand it's all a business, but damn. I never would have seen that coming.

What's this nonsense I've heard about Harrington to Miami as a backup. I never thought I'd prefer Tommy Maddox to any other QB.

Then again, maybe Harrington needs a change of scenery. Man, did he suck. He couldn't possibly be that bad...right?

Mister J said:
Holy Crap!!! I understand it's all a business, but damn. I never would have seen that coming.

What's this nonsense I've heard about Harrington to Miami as a backup. I never thought I'd prefer Tommy Maddox to any other QB.

Then again, maybe Harrington needs a change of scenery. Man, did he suck. He couldn't possibly be that bad...right?

He was with Detroit from day one, id give the kid a second chance.:up:

Darthphere said:
He was with Detroit from day one, id give the kid a second chance.:up:

True. But he also had loads of talent (atleast at the WR position) around him and he couldn't make anything out of it. I'd give him a chance, but not as a starter.

Anyway, wouldn't it be something if Vanderjagt went and signed with the Pats? These 2 teams do play next year in NE. Should be a good one as usual. Now it has a little something extra. :up:

Go Web Go! said:
True. But he also had loads of talent (atleast at the WR position) around him and he couldn't make anything out of it. I'd give him a chance, but not as a starter.

Anyway, wouldn't it be something if Vanderjagt went and signed with the Pats? These 2 teams do play next year in NE. Should be a good one as usual. Now it has a little something extra. :up:

I don't blame Harrington for The Detroit Lions having a losing record, I would put most of the blame on his recievers not being able to stay healthy.

He really didnt have a running game to back him up either.

I wouldn't be suprised if The Cleveland Browns made the playoffs. People seem to have forgotten about Keven Winslow aka, "The Chosen One". Imagine if he and WR Braylon Edwards come back strong from their year ending injuries they suffered last season. Plus,every team WR Joe Jurevicious has played for has gone to the Super Bowl.

Holy ****! Tony Richardson's going to the Vikings!*

*For the heathens who don't know, Tony Richardson is/was the starting fullback for the Chiefs, who made two Pro Bowls, and is credited with being a big reason Larry Johnson did so well this past season.

I think Joey Harrington really has potential, if you ignore last year he had all the signs of a developing young QB. However the pressure on him this year were so high he...played like crap. If you surround him around developed talent (which the Lions did not have) I think he can still prosper. IMO he is a great fit for the Phins if they get him to back up Culpepper who has a history of injury problems and had a sub par season (at best) last year pre-injury.

The Dolphs are going to sign Tommy Maddox as their back-up QB. Either way, I would think Harrington would want to start somewhere and would be given the opportunity seeing how he's still pretty young. I wouldn't rule out places like Oakland, maybe Baltimore, or Washington seeing how Brunell is what, 70?

Griese is going to be starting next year over Grossman

Griese's no upgrade over Grossman. The Bears aren't going anywhere without a QB. Hell, with the money they're giving Griese they could have gone after Drew Brees.

The Bears really need to get a playmaker in the draft, Sinorice Moss, or Vernon Davis would be perfect! I personally think if Griese continues to progress like he did in Tampa he should be a pretty big upgrade over Grossman.

What kind of injury knocked Griese out for the season last year? I would assume it's pretty serious if it kept him out the entire year. Maybe that would affect his performance and he really wasn't a great QB to begin with. I'd go with youth if I were the Bears. Griese would still make a pretty solid back-up.

I think he tore hes ACL, but before that he was outplaying Simms. It was Griese's job the year before as well. I just thought by giving him a 5 year deal I thought they saw something in him.

J Alba's Lover said:
Are there any good deals going on with the 49ers that's my team?

Yep...

you're going to have to DEAL with another losing season. ZING! :O

Go Web Go! said:
Yep...

you're going to have to DEAL with another losing season. ZING! :O

i mean besides that i know. hahaha

but there only one of three teams to over win 5 super bowls.

J Alba's Lover said:
i mean besides that i know. hahaha

but there only one of three teams to over win 5 super bowls.

Hmm...Haven't heard anything other than them signing a WR. Antonio Davis, I believe. Came from the Browns. That's about it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"