NFL Free Agency

oregondude said:
Check yourself dude, the Fins have not missed the playoffs very many times in the past 25 years. Check your facts.
fact is they've been a lousy team for the past three seasons and Drew Brees/Daunte Culpepper aren't the answer there

It's almost fitting that Kansas City is probably where T.O. is going to end up, since Shawn Barber got signed to the Eagles almost immediately after the Chiefs cut him. Kind of like how the Jets got Derrick Blaylock from us last year, and now we've swiped their coach.

tomahawk53 said:
WHO DEY!

I'd love to see us pick up Adams! Then draft a show stopping saftey!

Draft Pope in 1st round, a CB in the second and Greg Blue in the 3rd.

Guy Gardner said:
fact is they've been a lousy team for the past three seasons and Drew Brees/Daunte Culpepper aren't the answer there

They were a fine team last year, not great not horrible but a fine team. I hope they draft Jay Cutler personally.

Cutler looks really good. I hope to god, then Packers can get their act together and actually sign some free agents. They have something like 25 million under the cap.

Guy Gardner said:

I guess you didn't watch much football last year as the Fins were easily one of the best teams in the league the last 6 weeks. They are turning it around.

Guy Gardner said:

They finished last season with a 6 game winning streak with freakin' Gus Frerotte as their starting QB. Don't tell me that Brees or Culpepper wouldn't be an upgrade. You're just in denial that they've got a new coach, are getting new players, and are going to give the Pats a run for their money in the AFC East.

StorminNorman said:
They were a fine team last year, not great not horrible but a fine team. I hope they draft Jay Cutler personally.

Would have been a good pick, but he'll be gone by the 16th pick. I'd rather have a proven veteran at this point anyway. I don't want another rebuilding year.

What do you think of the Ricky situation? Lets say he somehow wins his appeal, do we keep him or ship him out. Honestly I cant see us getting anyhting for him in a trade. Unless youre Denver who for some reaosn likes taking on troublemakers.

It's not as big of a deal this time around seeing how our starter is Ronnie Brown. Ricky had a good season last year and it would be nice to have him back, but I don't think that'll be happening. I don't think he'll win his appeal, but if he did I highly doubt there would be any takers. Miami would want more than a 5th or 6th round pick and no one's going to give that up for a guy that obviously has problems and is basically one bad move away from a yearlong suspension. They'll find a decent back-up in free agency or the draft.

that six-game win streak isn't very impressive when you look at what teams they beat

only New England was a playoff team and they didn't even play their starters yet nearly beat Miami's...plus in week 11 the Dolphins got shut out by Cleveland and none of their wins, with the exception of Oakland and Tennessee were by more than 4 points

The Dolphins are still two years away from even being a Wild Card team

wk 12 - Miami 33 Oakland 21 (4-12)

wk 13 - Miami 24 Buffalo 23 (5-11)

wk 14 - Miami 23 San Diego 21 (9-7)

wk 15 - Miami 24 NY Jets 20 (4-12)

wk 16 - Miami 24 Tennessee 10 (4-12)

wk 17 - Miami 26 New England 24 (10-6)

Erundur said:
Don't forget to add Arrington *sniff* damn it...:mad::(:down

Washington does their players dirty after they've used them or they don't need them anymore. . .

On a side note, the Skins were talking about picking up Randle El in the offseason.

Guy Gardner said:
that six-game win streak isn't very impressive when you look at what teams they beat

only New England was a playoff team and they didn't even play their starters yet nearly beat Miami's...plus in week 11 the Dolphins got shut out by Cleveland and none of their wins, with the exception of Oakland and Tennessee were by more than 4 points

The Dolphins are still two years away from even being a Wild Card team

wk 12 - Miami 33 Oakland 21 (4-12)

wk 13 - Miami 24 Buffalo 23 (5-11)

wk 14 - Miami 23 San Diego 21 (9-7)

wk 15 - Miami 24 NY Jets 20 (4-12)

wk 16 - Miami 24 Tennessee 10 (4-12)

wk 17 - Miami 26 New England 24 (10-6)

Week 11 had Sage Rosenfels as a starter. And San Diego is apparently a cake walk team. And why did New England not play their starters again? Oh yeah they were all injured.:up:

Darthphere said:
Week 11 had Sage Rosenfels as a starter. And San Diego is apparently a cake walk team. And why did New England not play their starters again? Oh yeah they were all injured.:up:
Actually they didn't play because they had their playoff spot locked up and didn't want to risk more injuries in a throw away game...doesn't change the fact a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stingers were almost able to beat the Dolphins starters

Whatever, though...this is all off topic anyways

-WR Isaac Bruce re-signs with the Rams

-Former Dolphin Sam Madison (CB) signs with the Giants

Alpha and Omega said:
Washington does their players dirty after they've used them or they don't need them anymore. . .

On a side note, the Skins were talking about picking up Randle El in the offseason.

I'd be so happy if the Skins got Randle El, but I do not think its possible especially with all the cap issues, but if we did...:supes: :up:.

Washington in general seriously needs to get there act together especially the way they treat there players

from Jordan with the Wizards to the Skins and Arrington :mad: :down

I'd like to see Randle El with the Chiefs, personally (surprise, surprise). He'd be a good compliment to Eddie Kennison, and they'd have someone to share kick/punt return duties with Dante Hall.

Unfortunately, a certain other free-agent wide-out is looking more likely to put on the red and white.

Would this certain free agent have the initials of "T" and "O" by any chance?

Yes, they may. It is not that I don't think player (we shall call him Errell-tay Owens-ay, for now) would be bad on the field (he's a damn good reciever), but I don't like the idea of getting a really diva-like player on my favorite team, which is also one known to have a lot of good team players (even Arry-lay Ohnson-jay, who used to ine-way alot before he arted-stay).*

I also just read that KC is a possible destination for Ty Law, since he wants to join a team with Super Bowl potential (though I've heard him express interest in the Dolphins), and he has experience playing under Herm Edwards.

*That's right, kiddies, it's pig-latin football! Fun for the whole family!

Possible Patriots:

* Defensive tackle Sam Adams (Bills) -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick has spoken highly of Adams, a premier run stuffer, in the past. While the Patriots appear to be well set on the line, the team will always find a way to utilize unique talents, assuming the price is right. Adams has already visited Miami and is available now after being released by the Bills.

* Safety Adam Archuleta (Rams) -- Known as a hard hitter who is more comfortable playing close to the line, he would provide security if Rodney Harrison can't make it back from a major knee injury.

* Receiver Brian Finneran (Falcons) -- One of the NFL’s more productive receivers on third down in 2005, he doesn’t carry the name recognition of Antwaan Randle El or Joe Jurevicius but showed what he’s capable of Oct. 9 against the Patriots (5 catches, 103 yards).

* Receiver Joe Jurevicius (Seahawks) -- Like Finneran, a taller pass-catcher who was a dangerous red zone target and scored 10 touchdowns in 2005. He’s expected to have a competitive market for his services.

* Tight end Jeb Putzier (Broncos) –- Solid pass catcher would add a different dynamic to the tight end group, and would provide longer-term security if Daniel Graham doesn’t return after his contract expires in 2006.

* Offensive tackle Jon Runyan (Eagles) -- If the Patriots had more salary cap space in 2000 when Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli first arrived in New England, they probably would have made Runyan a top priority then. A nasty veteran right tackle, he’d bring an attitude and immediately improve the Patriots’ line, which would probably have Matt Light at left tackle, Logan Mankins at left guard, Dan Koppen at center, Nick Kaczur at right guard and Runyan at right tackle.

* Linebacker Bart Scott (Ravens) -- A backup and special teams dynamo for three years, he filled in for Ray Lewis at linebacker in 2005 and held his own. He has the physical qualities to play inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense and the Patriots could offer him a unique opportunity to play alongside Tedy Bruschi.

bored said:
Yes, they may. It is not that I don't think player (we shall call him Errell-tay Owens-ay, for now) would be bad on the field (he's a damn good reciever), but I don't like the idea of getting a really diva-like player on my favorite team, which is also one known to have a lot of good team players (even Arry-lay Ohnson-jay, who used to ine-way alot before he arted-stay).*

I also just read that KC is a possible destination for Ty Law, since he wants to join a team with Super Bowl potential (though I've heard him express interest in the Dolphins), and he has experience playing under Herm Edwards.!

I wouldn't mind having this "Errell-Tay" guy on my team. You can't deny that he's one of the best at his position, and honestly if Ricky Williams could go from retiring one year and being one of the most disliked people to returning the next year, being productive and a team player then what's a little drama here and there? It's not like us fans have to deal with it. Sure, we'll hear about it in the media if anything were to happen, but let's face it...we'll be cheering for him once Sunday comes.

This is a little surprising: LeCharles Bentley (Center) signs with the Cleveland Browns.

Also the Redskins acquired WR Brandon Lloyd from San Fran for a couple of draft picks.

Busy day for the Cleveland Browns. They have also signed WR Joe Jurevicius and offensive lineman Kevin Shaffer.

-Minnesota signs Kicker Ryan Longwell
-Rams sign Safety Corey Chavous
-Jaguars sign CB Brian Williams
-Panthers sign DT Maake Kemoeatu

Dolphins are also meeting with Drew Brees today *Crosses fingers* :D

Bentley AND Jurevicius?! Damn, the Browns may actually win a game or two next season.

This sucks! The Eagles(my team) were suppose to sign Bently, but with all that crap with the salary cap and free agency being pushed back the Browns stepped in and swooped him up! Hopefully they land some quality players!

I want Hutchinson(Seahawks), Givens(Patriots), and Witherspoon(Panthers). Those moves would put us back on top of the NFC!

darkdonnie said:
This sucks! The Eagles(my team) were suppose to sign Bently, but with all that crap with the salary cap and free agency being pushed back the Browns stepped in and swooped him up! Hopefully they land some quality players!

I want Hutchinson(Seahawks), Givens(Patriots), and Witherspoon(Panthers). Those moves would put us back on top of the NFC!

I dont think Hutchinson nor Witherspoon (while awsome) can help with your WR problem. Givens is good, but not great and Reggie Brown is still 2 years from being an NFL Star. Next year the Eagles will not be a top NFC team and will stay 4th in their division.

A side not on Witherspoon I live in the city he grew up in and played in the same Little League team he did. Plus he played for my Georgia Bulldogs - making him one of my favorite players ever to play in the NFL. I also got to meet him a couple of times, turns out he is a very funny guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"