NFL Free Agency

Former Denver defensive end Trevor Pryce reached agreement with Baltimore on a five-year, $25 million deal.

Word on the street is that LaVar Arrington is leaning towards signing with the NYG. It would give him a good chance of getting back at the 'Skins twice a year.

Arrington said he wanted to stay in the division, but there's no way in hell he'd play for the tuna in Dallas.

Anyone but Dallas, oh god anyone but Dallas, I dislike Dallas :mad:

I dislike everyone in my Division, but anyone but Dallas :mad:

XPunisherman88 said:
Arrington said he wanted to stay in the division, but there's no way in hell he'd play for the tuna in Dallas.

Never say never. If you offer anyone the big bucks they're looking for they usually give in. Arrington also visited Miami on Friday so that's another possibility.

Looks like we'll be finding out on Sunday (according to ESPN) where Culpepper & Brees will be going. The Saints appear to be the frontrunner for Brees with Miami not far behind. Should Brees sign with New Orleans, Culpepper will be traded to the Dolphins.

Guy Gardner said:
fact is they've been a lousy team for the past three seasons and Drew Brees/Daunte Culpepper aren't the answer there

That's funny, I thought they were only a lousy team for one season. We'll never be a lousy team as long as teams are scared to come play here. Everyone was afraid to play us for 6 weeks last season. I also remember beating: Carolina, Denver, San Diego. We were one screwup away(in multiple games) from being a 10 win team. We lost a bunch of games in the 4th quarter with turnovers or something silly like that. Better playmaker at quarterback? Could've been an 11-12 win team hypothetically. I think a QB has been the answer the Dolphins have needed since 1999.

OK, so the Culpepper-Raiders deal fell thru. The Dolphins have get either him ir Brees. Really, I don't care who it is, but we need a QB upgrade. It's gonna be good a off-season the MIA.

TheCheshireCat said:
We lost a bunch of games in the 4th quarter with turnovers or something silly like that.

And the same could be said about their 4-12 season. They could have gone 7-9 at the very least, but turnovers at the end of games killed them. Anyway, they're a team on the rise. I like the direction they're going in and a good QB (which they have NOT had since Marino) like Brees or Daunte could very well help them make a strong push towards the postseason.

Mister J said:
OK, so the Culpepper-Raiders deal fell thru. The Dolphins have get either him ir Brees. Really, I don't care who it is, but we need a QB upgrade. It's gonna be good a off-season the MIA.

Not to mention they're still in the running for guys like LaVar Arrington, Sam Adams, David Givens, and Kevin Mawae. :up:

Go Web Go! said:
Not to mention they're still in the running for guys like LaVar Arrington, Sam Adams, David Givens, and Kevin Mawae. :up:

Oh, we can definately use an anchor like Mawae and a force like Arrington down in Miami. Can't believe the Jets like an All-Pro Center go (salary constrains or not). Everybody knew LaVar wanted out.

This off-season could be a thing of beauty for the Dolphins.

Go Web Go! said:
Never say never. If you offer anyone the big bucks they're looking for they usually give in. Arrington also visited Miami on Friday so that's another possibility.

A tandem of Arrington and Thomas would be scary indeed. Having two solid linebackers at the same time, very nice. Junior was just too old to really contribute, Arrington will be an upgrade if they can land him.

Now that's something I hadn't thought of: LaVar Arrington and Zach Thomas together. It'd be one helluva combo.

Btw, has anyone heard anything about what Ty Law is doing yet? I've only seen speculation, and I was really intrigued by something I read that said he could end up with the Chiefs.

oregondude said:
A tandem of Arrington and Thomas would be scary indeed. Having two solid linebackers at the same time, very nice. Junior was just too old to really contribute, Arrington will be an upgrade if they can land him.

Seau was actually pretty decent, but he was too injury prone. He missed 16 games combined in the last 2 years.

Go Web Go! said:
Seau was actually pretty decent, but he was too injury prone. He missed 16 games combined in the last 2 years.
Exactly my point. Someone has a roster spot and misses 50% of the games. The games he does play in he is average.

The position would better to have been filled by someone younger with more of an upside.

Edgerrin James signs with the Arizona Cardinals :eek: !!!

Go Web Go! said:
Edgerrin James signs with the Arizona Cardinals :eek: !!!

Whoa. With that passing game they have, they could do some things on offense next year. That is, if Warner can remain upright.

I don't think Warner will do anything special. He had those 2 or 3 great years with the Rams and has gone downhill since. Had Arizona gone after one of the marquee QB's such as Brees or Daunte then they would be an extremely dangerous Offensive squad. They still can be, but that depends on how Warner performs. I'm not too sure about how good or bad their defense is, but that will also play a big part in how they do this year. They're definitely going to score points.

Randle El is off to Washinton. Busy busy weekend in the NFL. Sheesh.

OMG :D we got Randle El w00t w00t, :D :D

I'm so happy, washington better not screw this up :mad:

Damn, now my team (THe Colts) has to draft a RB. MAybe they'll sign Lewis.

Crack head Lewis? No get Maurice Drew in the second round, he's tight. First round get a LB.

The Washington passing attack looks very dangerous now. And after they sign Adam Archuleta, Andre Carter, and Todd Collins Washington is primed to win the Superbowl.

Dear Joe Gibbs,

I love you. Never leave again.

Love,

Tukiluka

Tukiluka said:
The Washington passing attack looks very dangerous now. And after they sign Adam Archuleta, Andre Carter, and Todd Collins Washington is primed to win the Superbowl.

Dear Joe Gibbs,

I love you. Never leave again.

Love,

Tukiluka

The Skins problem was their inability to diversify their offensive playcalls. Gibbs' playbook didn't have many plays; he used variations of the same type. Since they hired a new co-ordinator, they should improve.

I think they'll do even better next season.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"