NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Go Web Go!, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

Can't believe Edge is a Cardinal. But as long as they can get a consistant QB they've got a pretty good offense now.

2. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Easy now, :o

3. StorminNorman Registered

They got Kurt Warner - he is a very good QB.

4. StorminNorman Registered

Has he gone down hill or has he never been given a fair chance? His last year in STL he threw for 400 yards, played with a concussion and people dogged him about fumbles (because of a crappy OLine). With the G-men he led the Giants to a 5-0 record and was doing very very well, but Manning had to get in and thus he was benched. Arizona last year he was throwing for 300 yards a game, but they had no running game.

Kurt Warner still has the good if he is just given a fair shot.

5. Poeman Registered

im glad for arizona they deserved something like this

6. StorminNorman Registered

StorminNorman's Prediction: Arizona wins NFC West.

7. oregondude Registered

Wow, don' credit Warner for the success he had in St Louis. The man had an offense STACKED with talent. he had 3 receivers that would have started and maybe even been # 1 option on A NY other squad in the league, he had Faulk - easily the best player in the league at that point and he had a solid offensive line.

His last year he fumbled too much because he held on to the ball too long and doesn't have the right kinda toughness to be a primo QB in this league. His receiving corpse was not the same (players left via free agency) and Faulk was nowhere near the player he was the previous 8 seasons.

Warner is not the QB some think he is. Watch, Arizona will go nowhere with him at the helm.

8. StorminNorman Registered

So discredit Peyton Manning because he works in Indy? STL had 2 great Wr's and then a whole bunch of players that did one thing very well - Hakim was a good speedster WR, but was questionable catching the ball and holding on to said ball. Ricky Proehl had great hands, but was not a speedster. Also, Issiac Bruce was the only true number 1 reciever, Torry Holt had talent, but he was young and unexperienced being a rookie in 99. Warner did not have a bad fumbling problem in 99 because the OLine was intact, however Fred Miller left the next year and the Olines production never met the same level. In 2001 Warner was still a top 3 QB in the league, but his injury in 02 kept him out of that year, Marc Bulger looked very good and the rest is history.

Warner is not the same now as he was in 99 or 01, but he is still easily a top QB in the country.

9. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Wow. You are aware that the Cardinals ARE in the same division with the defending NFC champions AND the MVP last year? That's too bold a statement to make. They will improve, come on, let's not go overboard.

10. StorminNorman Registered

Yup I do. Seatle made a big mistake in not resigning Joe Jerivious - he was by far the most reliable WR the Hawks had. Seatle also has Hutchinson yet to be signed and a few other weak points I think could be exploited.

11. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am just happy with my Brownies:

-LeCharles Bentley, Kevin Shaffer, Joe Jurevicious, Dave Zastudil, and Ted Washington all in 2 days. Sign me one FA Linebacker, and draft another, and we have a team baby!

LET'S GO BROWNS!!! WOOF WOOF!!!

12. bored One Sexy Lemur

Hutchinson just signed with the Vikings.

Yeah, Browns are gonna do something next year. Never thought I'd say that.

And how about Randle El signing with the 'Skins? Thoughts, anyone?

13. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

'Hawks have a week to match their offer.

14. Tukiluka Registered

Why? Washington almost beat Seattle last year in Seattle with a HORRIBLE offense. With the new coaching, and new personel...and the mighty Joe Gibbs at the helm, the sky is most definitly the limit.

15. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

RB Mike Anderson signs with Baltimore

16. StorminNorman Registered

My god, the AFC North is going to be one killer division. The up and coming Browns, the youth powered Bengals and the defending Super Bowl champs. Who would of thought that the Ravens may be the worst team in the division?

17. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

It's hard to keep up with all these moves. Now I need to make them in my Madden game! :o

18. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

I didn't say GOOD, I said CONSISTANT. Warner had some good games last year, but he had more bad ones.

19. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

Very good? Guys like Hasselbeck, Culpepper, and Brees are "Very good" Warner isn't in the same category. He's aging and he's injury prone. He's above average at best.

20. StorminNorman Registered

I would disagree, I would say that Warner was hindered by a lack luster O Line and a non existent running game. Under those set of rules any great QB will be inconsistant.

21. StorminNorman Registered

Culpepper didnt look very good last year, and is injury prone as well - however I consider his entire career, how fantastic he looked in the past and how good he can be when healthy and rank Culpepper in the class of great NFL QB's (as do you), I give Warner the same fareness.

22. StorminNorman Registered

I have problem updating rosters for players who busted/rose last year and just the inseason moves. Madden needs to upgrade the rosters online for us.

23. Kable24 Member of the NRA

It looks like the Washington Redskins just got Antwaan Randle El for 7 years and 31 million dollars. There was no way my Steelers were going to go that high to keep him.

24. kane9321 oakland's finest

ohh boy ..the cards just got even better on offense with "edge".Think they can challenge seattle?If they can protect warner..they will be a force!

25. kane9321 oakland's finest

just wish my 49ers would do something..anything....help alex smith damnit:(